“Very Convenient”

Ranked #16 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Island Park, New York
“Very Convenient”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just stayed there this past Monday night. One room two double beds for me, my wife & 8 and 10 year old. We had a flight out of Tampa Airport the next morning so this was convenient. The woman who checked us in Monday evening was very pleasant & reviewed thoroughly with us what this Hyatt had to offer. She even found me some bowls & spoons for my kid's cereal & yogurt, which was part of their dinner. Plenty of free parking. My daughter even swam in their outdoor pool. Our room was fine for an overnight. It had a small refrigerator which was very helpful to us. Plenty of room to spread out our luggage and a huge flat screen TV. The room had free wireless access for my kids ipads. Brought back to the room McDonald's which is in driving distance near by. I slept on the huge couch comfortably, I'm 6'5", while the rest of the family slept on the beds. Checkout was simple & the array of food at the Hyatt complimentary breakfast area was incredible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
We are so happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay in Tampa. Many guests don't realize that we have free internet thoughout our hotel, free parking and a couch in each room that folds out into a very spacious Queen size bed. As you experienced, this gives you 3 pretty big beds in our Double Rooms. With you being 6', 5", this was most gratifying that you slept so well on the fold out couch. Knowing the kids had a good time means the world to us. We love having families at Hyatt Place. Thank you also for the kind words about our free breakfast. We have really amped it up with our new Skillets, offering multiple sandwiches each day that are most filling. Again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we thank you so much for the time in reviewing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked the room for $79 per night. It was originally $99 but we checked the day before online and the price had gone down so they adjusted it. The double bed rooms are definitely bigger than the king. We asked for a view and got one of a wall. It is located about in the middle of the florida aquarium and mosi which are the attractions we went to. The breakfast wasn't great (looked like microwave food) the scrambled eggs were cold and the yogurt was warm. There were a few hairs in the bathroom and one on the bed, that didn't belong to us and although that is probably pretty common it a room where hundreds of people stay... it still creeps me out. Otherwise the room is nice with a little couch, a fridge and a swivel TV. the rest of the hotel seems clean. Overall for the price not bad.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Tampa on your recent visit! We love having you here and appreciate you reviewing our hotel. The 4 star review was very exciting to see; however anything but perfection in our hotel rooms is a disappointment our housekeeping team. We will improve based on your stay, every detail must be polished and perfected. I am glad our team quickly obatined the rate that was available for you without issue and made that change. We always strive to have our guests happy and satisfied. We will work harder than ever to continue to maintain our consisent level of service. Thank you for staying with us!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2013

From the time I checked in, until I checked out I enjoyed my stay..... The hotel was very quiet and clean. Danny, at the front desk was awesome and every request was done and done quickly... The only issue I had was the fact that there is a $10/ day incidental fee that I was unaware off.... But other than that, my stay was perfect!!!1

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We love your review and thank you for your business! We also love being "worth the money" and the 4 STAR ranking means so much to us. Please come back to see us soon!
surrey
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight whilst on business. Used the free shuttle bus from airport. Which is also available for transportation to anywhere within 3 mile. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was in a relaxed small area. Free fast wifi throughout . Pool was clean and towels provided. I had a late checkout at no extra cost. Air conditioning unit in my room was a little noisy but efficient. I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your overnight stay and for choosing Hyatt Place Tampa Airport! We love having you here whether it's for 1 night or for our guests who stay 30 plus nights in a row, we work for you! Thank you
west palm
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night.

Likes:
-Price was good at $130/night.
-Free breakfast exceeded expectations
-Rooms are spacious with a separate sitting area
-Convenient location

Dislikes:
-It's time for some renovating
-My toilet seat was loose
-I had two beds in my room. One of them clearly was not clean based on my observations when I pulled the covers back.

Will I return to this location? No thanks at this point.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jamaicanj
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy to hear that you loved the breakfast and our great, convenient location. We will do a better job of checking those toilet seats for tightness; any of these negative issues are not indicative of our hotel. We have had a great summer with our awesome guests like you and we do hope you will consider staying with us again. We appreciate you very much at Hyatt Place Tampa!
St.Johns,NL
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through the area on our way to somewhere else. We got a great deal on priceline , and we were really happy with this hotel. It was very clean, good location, and parking was free, as was the wireless. We didn't have time to use the pool, but it did look nice. The best part of staying here was the breakfast in the morning. They had everything that you could think of, and everything was fresh. We took the food back to our room, but there are limited places to sit down in the lobby. We also took advantage of the 24 hour food service late in the night. You can get small items like chips and dip, cheesecake, etc. Nothing huge, more like snack foods, but it was good for a late night snack. Overall we really liked this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Here at Hyatt Place when we see a comment like "great place", this means so much to all of us! We are a different place and want to earn these kind of reviews. Thank you so much! Please come back soon!
Palatka, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed in a Hyatt Place before. I found this via a very good price on a bidding website. Based on the price I did not know what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Upon arrival, I was offered several floors to choose from. I was able to pick a room far from the elevators on the top floor. Then, the clerk asked if I had ever stayed there before, when I said no she gave me a Tour of the hotel.

They have a 24/7 stand selling pastry type items as well as coffee and a small bar. They so have a good sized breakfast area. Breakfast is included. Additionally, they have a shuttle service that will take guests anywhere within a 3 mile radius.

Upon arriving in my room I found the size to be very large for a standard king room. Most hotels might call this a junior suite. There is a large TV, and a wall dividing the bed area from a sitting area. The room is separated enough that the sitting area feels like it could be used as a separate bedroom if travelling with a family. The room has a desk. There is also a second sink and mini Fridge in the sitting area. The actual bathroom is fairly small. All of the furnishings look fairly new.

The couch is a full length couch with a bed in it. The couch also has a sectional, there is no bed in the sectional piece. Additionally there is an ottoman with the couch.

The hotel is close to the airport and at 1:00 PM was 13 minutes from the downtown convention center. The only downside to this hotel is that it appears to be in a neighborhood with several "gentlemen's clubs."

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Ben B
"Great price, BIG room" and 4 STARS, yes! Thank you for this great review! We love having you here and hope to see you again soon!