“Average At Best”

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #19 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 12, 2013

As a frequent traveler, I was not too impressed by the Hyatt Place, Tampa Westshore-Airport. Having stayed at several phenomenal Hyatt Place Hotels I walked in with high expectations, just to be disappointed. While the room was adequate with a comfortable bed; the heavily worn condition of the furnishings, window area, walls, and bathroom were much different than I have been accustom to. To me, people typically make a big difference. Aside from the front desk person at check-in and the person maintaining the breakfast area after our first night the people were generally disinterested in customer service/satisfaction. I did take advantage of the bar/quick service area for a late evening appetizer (which was delicious), but during the course of staying in the common area observed poor customer service with the front desk person making a personal call a priority over someone waiting to check-in. As for location, it’s close the airport (but relatively sound proof) and a large interchange to travel to the Clearwater, FL/St. Petersburg areas.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We thrive off of exceeding expectations, even when they are sky high. This is what we expect and want. I assure you that if an employee uses a personal cell phone for anything at this hotel, they will not work here long. We stress this all the time, they are not even allowed in our hotel as a local policy. I was so happy to hear you loved the "delicious" appetizer, we do get this comment a lot from our 24 hour kitchen offerings. Our staff scores well in all areas and is the cornerstone of our hotel. We work for you and will try harder than ever to show this to all of our customers at every interaction. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We got this hotel from Priceline for about $60 post and pre cruise. the hotel shuttle was prompt in picking us up from the airport. we checked in at around 5pm. we got a bad view in room 213 looking at the roof. otherwise it was a nice room with sofa bed, a sink and refrigerator. The shuttle took us to the mall which was minutes away and went to a restaurant called the Blue Martini which was very nice and had 50% off drinks and appetizers. The shuttle was prompt in picking us up when we were ready to go. The hotel also had free wifi as well. The next morning the hotel had free breakfast. They had french toast, fruit, breakfast sandwiches. The shuttle also took us roundtrip to the cruise port for $40. Going to the mall was free of charge. We also stayed once we were out of the cruise for one night. Same good experience. There was another mall in the opposite direction and a wal-mart close by. I would recommend this to anyone and would stay here again if i were in the Tampa area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coach02
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Your comments about our location being so good and an "excellent stay" are so well received and appreciated! We hope you will visit us again soon when returning to the Tampa area! Thank you!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Staff and breakfast were very nice, and the price was unbelievable for what we got. In addition were able to bring our dog! The only downer was the 75.00 dollar charge for the pet fee but it was for the entire 3 nights, so it was worth it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We loved that you enjoyed our suite style rooms (bigger than normal hotel rooms) and the sofa fold out bed! Did you know that every room in our hotel has a fold out bed for the convenience of our guests? This has worked well for families and business travelers alike. Thank you for these kind words and for being our guest at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport! Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel with Priceline for the second time.
Room was clean and quiet with fridge.
Need to phone for shuttle from the airport and all the phones at the airport out of order but fellow traveller allowed me to use his cell.
Free shuttle to local mall and local Wallgreens for cruise supplies. Even took me to ATM next morning. Took a taxi back from the mall and the cab did not charge, that is a first. He did accept a tip. Shuttle to the port was $25 per room so as a solo had to pay the same.
Lovely hot free breakfast in the morning.

A special Thank you to Danny. He was so sweet and obviously loved his work.

Next time I am in Tampa I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MARY H

Thank you so much for this 5 rating! We work hard to earn these reviews and we could not be more thankful for your business, your time and your loyalty. Thank you!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We usually stay at more upscale hotels but this was close to where we had to go so I booked it. The rooms were totally renovated with a huge TV. Pool was nice. Free breakfast was a plus. A great surprise and will go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank john d

5 Stars with "awesome" as the header, thank you for this! This is what we strive for and we love having you at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport! Our guests (like you) are awesome!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first time there, spent 3 nites. Spacious, open airy, comfy, room. Great for a business stay fridge & sink "Kitchen area" convienient but would have been better with an in room microwave. Older hotel but nicely kept. Staff friendly and accomodating. Beds very comfortable but the mattress needed to be turned. AC worked well, housekeeping did a good job, lots of towels! Being a seasoned traveler I give this hotel 3 3/4 stars for a biz hotel being Functional not luxurious. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I do so much travel in my line of work there are times where I literally am living out of a hotel room. This was certainly the case last week as I "moved in" to the Hyatt Place Tampa Westshore. I have grown to become quite a Hyatt Place fan ever since I discovered their easy, hospitable nature in Jacksonville, however, I was more than satisfied with Tampa Westshore.

Eva Chin was the sale agent who got my groups all set up prior to my arrival on property and that began the delight. She was thorough, accurate and accommodating. We joked about me having to stay there for the week with 3 separate meetings going on and upon my arrival to my room, I was welcomed with cookies, water and a note from the Director of Sales Jim Trivers. Jim was my point of contact throughout the entire week and he was just amazing. They don't make nicer people. The accommodations were pretty much exactly like the Jacksonville one except it's a lot more quaint with seating area nooks which is great for reading, hanging out in the lobby, etc. Very nicely decorated, a nice modern decor with a warm color palette.

Very spacious, very clean rooms. The meeting space was perfect and able to offer options for set-ups into U-shape, classroom, etc. Parking is a breeze. I had to venture out everywhere from Clearwater to Ybor to downtown and it's the perfect location to get around the Greater Tampa area.

Great for business, roomy enough for families, cute for couples. Right in a great shopping district and perfect for people like me, solo travelers!

It was the first time in my LIFE that I've slept on the couch in a hotel by choice. The first night, after the long road trip, I lounged on the couch with my iPad and fell asleep and didn't bother moving as the couch was very comfy. I didn't get interrupted when I didn't want to but I wasn't on a goose chase trying to find someone when I did need service.

I will DEFINITELY return to this property. It's been a long time where I have been ecstatic about a property full circle. More properties should learn from this entire hospitality team.

Room Tip: Park around back...it's closer for walking distance and there's always spaces.