“We stayed in a suite with a sofa bed!”

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #19 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Staff and breakfast were very nice, and the price was unbelievable for what we got. In addition were able to bring our dog! The only downer was the 75.00 dollar charge for the pet fee but it was for the entire 3 nights, so it was worth it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

We loved that you enjoyed our suite style rooms (bigger than normal hotel rooms) and the sofa fold out bed! Did you know that every room in our hotel has a fold out bed for the convenience of our guests? This has worked well for families and business travelers alike. Thank you for these kind words and for being our guest at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport! Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel with Priceline for the second time.
Room was clean and quiet with fridge.
Need to phone for shuttle from the airport and all the phones at the airport out of order but fellow traveller allowed me to use his cell.
Free shuttle to local mall and local Wallgreens for cruise supplies. Even took me to ATM next morning. Took a taxi back from the mall and the cab did not charge, that is a first. He did accept a tip. Shuttle to the port was $25 per room so as a solo had to pay the same.
Lovely hot free breakfast in the morning.

A special Thank you to Danny. He was so sweet and obviously loved his work.

Next time I am in Tampa I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MARY H
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you so much for this 5 rating! We work hard to earn these reviews and we could not be more thankful for your business, your time and your loyalty. Thank you!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We usually stay at more upscale hotels but this was close to where we had to go so I booked it. The rooms were totally renovated with a huge TV. Pool was nice. Free breakfast was a plus. A great surprise and will go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank john d

5 Stars with "awesome" as the header, thank you for this! This is what we strive for and we love having you at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport! Our guests (like you) are awesome!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first time there, spent 3 nites. Spacious, open airy, comfy, room. Great for a business stay fridge & sink "Kitchen area" convienient but would have been better with an in room microwave. Older hotel but nicely kept. Staff friendly and accomodating. Beds very comfortable but the mattress needed to be turned. AC worked well, housekeeping did a good job, lots of towels! Being a seasoned traveler I give this hotel 3 3/4 stars for a biz hotel being Functional not luxurious. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I do so much travel in my line of work there are times where I literally am living out of a hotel room. This was certainly the case last week as I "moved in" to the Hyatt Place Tampa Westshore. I have grown to become quite a Hyatt Place fan ever since I discovered their easy, hospitable nature in Jacksonville, however, I was more than satisfied with Tampa Westshore.

Eva Chin was the sale agent who got my groups all set up prior to my arrival on property and that began the delight. She was thorough, accurate and accommodating. We joked about me having to stay there for the week with 3 separate meetings going on and upon my arrival to my room, I was welcomed with cookies, water and a note from the Director of Sales Jim Trivers. Jim was my point of contact throughout the entire week and he was just amazing. They don't make nicer people. The accommodations were pretty much exactly like the Jacksonville one except it's a lot more quaint with seating area nooks which is great for reading, hanging out in the lobby, etc. Very nicely decorated, a nice modern decor with a warm color palette.

Very spacious, very clean rooms. The meeting space was perfect and able to offer options for set-ups into U-shape, classroom, etc. Parking is a breeze. I had to venture out everywhere from Clearwater to Ybor to downtown and it's the perfect location to get around the Greater Tampa area.

Great for business, roomy enough for families, cute for couples. Right in a great shopping district and perfect for people like me, solo travelers!

It was the first time in my LIFE that I've slept on the couch in a hotel by choice. The first night, after the long road trip, I lounged on the couch with my iPad and fell asleep and didn't bother moving as the couch was very comfy. I didn't get interrupted when I didn't want to but I wasn't on a goose chase trying to find someone when I did need service.

I will DEFINITELY return to this property. It's been a long time where I have been ecstatic about a property full circle. More properties should learn from this entire hospitality team.

Room Tip: Park around back...it's closer for walking distance and there's always spaces.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

5 Star reviews make our day and words like "superb" make us happy! Thank you so much for these kind words and this great review! We love having you here at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an older property. However, we were very impressed with our room which had a sleeping area separate from a large living area with a desk and a mini-kitchen. This accommodation is ideal for everyone, from a business person looking for a nice retreat to a family with kids who need room to spread out. The staff is friendly and very efficient. The breakfast seemed to be bountiful, but while there were lots of tables, there were more guests. Still it is easy to take a coffee and a bun up to the room!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We needed a hotel close to the airport for two days after our cruise docked. I was excited to find for $25 our party of four would be given a ride from the port and to hotel. PLUS, they have a free shuttle that will take you to and from International Mall if you don't want to walk the 10 minutes to it. The shuttle will take you anywhere within 2 miles of hotel free! Not even a "tips are appreciated sign in vans!"

We arrived early and they gave us one of our rooms right away so we could hang out and put our luggage in the room. By the time our lunch was over, they had the second room ready.

Great beds, clean rooms and with the living area separate from the bed, it was great for the four of us to hang out and chat in the evenings.

Great little breakfast that was included with room each am.

The staff is super friendly, eager to help you with any problems be it transportation to places or general questions. The pool area is nice and water is a nice temperature.

We secured our room from Priceline as once I decided I wanted the comfort of a Hyatt, I searched for the best price for this hotel.

I travel for business too and customer service plays a big room in how I rate things. I just really felt the staff was super helpful. Loved the free ride to airport too! Considering all the freebies that come with the Hyatt--breakfast, transporation--I really consider it one of the better Tampa airport deals

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for these kind remarks and outstanding review! We are so happy you loved our free shuttle and customer service. We try to make our guest's feel at ease and trouble free when they stay with us. We know what it's like to travel, be stressed over the Port transportation, all that luggage, etc. We will do whatever it takes to make your stay outstanding! We are also happy that you took advantage of our shuttle to the Port of Tampa; we started this service 4 years ago before most hotels had even considered it. The price is still the same and we are very rehearsed in how to make our guests get back and forth with ease and comfort. Thank you again for this review!