“great staff, amazing breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #23 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“great staff, amazing breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

the staff was amazing -extremely helpful & friendly! breakfast was delicious -saved us time, money, & the hassle of going out to eat. room was clean. has a fridge which was nice. the staff & breakfast make it worth the stay here

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I was greeted by very friendly staff as I had a long day, it was nice to know that all Hyatt are the same . The breakfast was great and so was the shuttle service but the next night I could tell that there was a commotion coming from one of the staff members and the driver, I was shocked at the way this young girl was speaking to him . The girl didn't really look old enough to be working there but I just felt bad for the driver . I will always love the hyatt and always will but this might have turned me off for awhile .

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel though part of a cookie cutter chain stands apart. Staff is welcoming and makes you feel like a truly valued guest.

I appreciate a quiet room with comfortable seating for reading, working, and watching TV. Hyatt Place is the best in my estimation in that category. My only quibble is TV and Internet. Connection speeds are slow and TV is limited in choices. I have stayed at lower ranked hotels that offered full HD TV with the full range of channels. That really should be the default.

Breakfast offerings are superb. Good choice and good quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the airport as airside can be noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in April. It is a convenient location and close to many things in the Tampa Area. The hotel itself is clean and well taken care of. I liked how the rooms have a separation dividing the living area and sleeping area. The room is pretty spacious and has a separate desk space and wetbar area with a small refrigerator, which comes in handy. They only show the bedroom/living area in the pictures on the website, and after staying there I can see why - the bathroom is a little gloomy and looks like it could use a bit of an update, but its really not that bad.
The free breakfast that you get with your stay is probably the best free breakfast that I've had at a hotel - it includes both hot and cold items and the selection varies slightly each day.
One thing that I really liked about staying at this hotel is that all of the employees here were really nice and professional.
The only negative that I can think of is that the check-in area is not in a good location...if you are waiting there you constantly feel like you are in the way of anyone trying to walk by, but really that's just a minor detail.
I would recommend this hotel to others looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
West Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Large , clean, comfortable rooms. 55" flatscrean TV and good Wi-Fi. Good location near the airport, also a real breakfast that's included. Outdoor pool looked nice but I didn't use it.Very friendly employees.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Clawson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here with our family of 4 2 nights prior to a cruise. Got a steal of a deal on hotwire-$60 per night. The breakfast spread was great. The shuttle was very accomodating. our girls had fun playing by the pool. The free shuttle took us to walmart to get some last minute items prior to our cruise. The staff was so friendly and accomodating.

All in all, I will always look to stay at hyatt place. The rooms and amenities by far exceeding our expectations!!! Thank you for an amazing start to our family vacation!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed at this Hyatt Place for two nights last week. The rooms were a bit outdated, but extremely spacious. Lots of room to get ready and just relax. However, we really didn't spend much time at the hotel as we were out and about each day.

We utilized the complimentary shuttle after arriving just before midnight (the shuttle service for the day ends at midnight) and it was very easy and convenient. Driver was friendly and it was only a short drive from the airport to the hotel. We also used the shuttle to get our rental car early the next morning and we had a different driver - she was also great.

Lobby was clean and we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning - which was great. There was a nice variety of food, the area was clean and the women working there were very friendly and pleasant.

One thing that really stood out was that I had a Hyatt gift card and e-mailed them about it prior to arrival. They had this noted and applied the gift card amount to my reservation as soon as we checked in. This was great since I had read online that sometimes it can be difficult to use the gift cards at Hyatt properties. Very easy!

The hotel is a short drive to Yankees Spring Training, and the International Plaza Mall. We spent time at both places so it was very convenient. I loved how every staff member we encountered was so friendly and helpful. I will definitely come back to this hotel in the future if I am taking another short trip!

Another note (this has absolutely no affect on my rating/review, but I want to warn other travelers): We ordered pizza from one of the places that slipped a menu under the door...Bay Pizza I think was the name. It was terrible. Took two hours and they still made us pay! There was CHEWING GUM on our pizza and when we called to complain we kept getting hung up on!!!....DON'T ORDER FROM THERE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends