“The rooms are very nice! I will now only stay here when visiting Tampa.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport

La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport
Ranked #68 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“The rooms are very nice! I will now only stay here when visiting Tampa.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

After going to the Redskins @ Buccaneers game, we came to this hotel for the following reason. I read reviews carefully and needed a place close to the airport that wasn't getting bad reviews. Most other hotels like this one near the airport, including all the hotels on my Choice Hotels network got too many bad reviews. So I looked outside the network.
This La Quinta was getting good reviews so I booked it. Good or bad, most hotel rooms layout at this level look the same. However, these rooms have a different look to them and it makes them stand out and very nice to be in. The rest of the hotel is what you would expect at this level but the rooms layout and quality are memorable. I like this place and will come back because the rooms stand out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have stayed at this property twice - both before catching early morning flights from Tampa International Airport. We have stayed at several different properties near TIA, but this has become our favorite. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and appear to have been recently updated. Our rooms have been quiet and we've received a good night's sleep prior to our trips.

We will continue to stay here when we have a very early flight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kdfrench
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Drove down to Tampa to meet my fiancee who was flying in from Finland and we stayed one night in the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful when I checked in that afternoon and the room was nicer than most La Quintas (and I have stayed in a number of them over the years). It was very close to the Tampa airport and was easy driving over there to pick up my fiancee that night and return to the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Did I mention...the staff was excellent...both the counter staff and the maintenance personnel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 967rayb
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just passing through, this time with our pets. Lots of area to exercise the pets. Great staff! Great Location! Lots to do around this hotel. Lots of restaurants, shopping, etc. Hotel is an older LaQuinta but it is well maintained and they are updating it all the time. Quieter than expected being by the airport. The noise was not bad. No pet fee. Free parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hallandale Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here last week with my husband and 2yr old son. Booked a king size room w/microwave & fridge. These are really helpful when you need to warm milk of food without leaving the room. The pool was clean but might need some renovation.
Housekeeping did a great job, same as the front desk people. Very helpful and great attitude.
Breakfast was ok. They could add real waffles or hot chocolate or real bread.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank claufalconi
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hotel was great for a place to put your head at night. We were out all day. Breakfast was plentiful. Staff was excellent and friendly. Right next door to IHop if didn't want great choice of continental one. Shuttle from airport was timely and the return to pick up rental car was quick. Price was so low, I was hesitant about the quality, but was pleasantly surprised to find a well kept room and hotel. We stayed two nights for slightly over $100 with our teacher's discount. I would not hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend it. EW from Texas

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Englewood, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

After a 12 hour journey from Oregon, I arrived at the Tampa airport and called the hotel for a shuttle. I told the desk clerk I was waiting in the Ground Transportation Waiting Area-Red 1 and she assured me that the shuttle would pick me up shortly. Half an hour passed and I called again, only to learn that the shuttle was "running behind due to heavy traffic and rain". Two more phone calls and as many excuses later, the Veteran's Limousine van finally arrived.

When I complained about waiting over an hour for pickup, the driver was VERY nasty and told me that he would have picked me up earlier if I had been standing at curbside instead of inside the air conditioned shelter. When I pointed out that he hadn't even come past the glassed in shelter he open the door and walked back around to his side, leaving me to load my luggage. When I got in and closed the door, he pulled up next to another van, rolled down his window, and began chatting about the weather, traffic, etc., wasting another 5 minutes. When I complained once again, he responded very rudely and told me the trip would take even longer if I didn't "shut up"!

When we reached the La Quinta, I told the driver I intended to report the incident and tried to open the door to get out. At that point, the turned around in his seat and said "I control the door and you'll get out when I let you out." When he finally let me out, I was both frightened and furious. Although I've stayed at this hotel on many occasions when flying out of the Tampa airport, I won't be doing so again, particularly if I'm traveling alone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo