“Rooms need major update”

Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
Ranked #96 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Last night I stayed at the Ramada Westshore Tampa, largely in part because I had an early morning flight to catch the next morning. Aside from being close to Westshore mall, there is little else to say about this hotel. My story...

1. At check-in, the guest services rep accidentally charged my credit card twice for a one night stay. She was unable to void the transaction. At this time, one charge has posted and the other is pending. She assured me it won't go thru but we shall see.

2. When I got to my room I discovered the shower did not work, and the hot water was all but useless. Maintenance took almost an hour to get the shower to work, but was not able to do anything about the hot water, so they moved me one room over.

3. When they gave me the new keys for the new room, they didn't work. The reason given was because the doors face an open balcony, the humidity affects the key coding. So, in order to get back into my room a maintenance employee would have to use a master key to let me in. They could not give a timeframe when the key codes would work again. That said, I didn't leave my room.

4. Facing the courtyard is not advisable. From midnight till about 3am I had the pleasure of listening to a group of college students on the outside landing practically scream at the top of their lungs. Given the fact that maintenance was stationed on each floor to open rooms, it would have been nice if they had asked the offenders to quiet down.

5. The hotel and rooms are dated. Being in the Westshore business district they can surely do better, like maybe razing the place and building something new?

6. No power outlets in the room for electronic devices, unless you don't want to watch TV or you want to use your device in the dark sitting next to the table that the TV is sitting on. There was one outlet next to the bed, but if you wanted to charge your phone, the phone sat on the floor.....or, you could use the outlet next to the sink. Basically grab a chair and sit in front of the sink.

A very underwhelming stay. Now I understand why it was $40 cheaper than the Marriott across the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank USF813
Reviewed June 19, 2013

from the minute I walk in the doors the service and the professionalism was visible..the service of the hotel and the eagerness to make my stay a pleasant one was very visible..I love the stay and I am sure that I will stay there quite a few times again..this was the second time I stay in this hotel and that was the reason why..there are others around this particular hotel ,but I love this one the service and the attention I received as I walk in the door..so keep up the good work and send me some discounts so that I may continue to stay with Ramada ..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I turned the TV on, it didn't work! My huaband looked at it and found the plug and the cable were unpluged! The cable was damaged! My husband took the damaged cable to the front desk and it took over an hour for it to be fixed! At 6 AM until we checked out, people were very loud getting on the elevator which was close to our room (450)! Surely wasn't looking forward to get up so earily! Was needing two more hours of sleep!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights following a week at St. Pete Beach. We needed to be closer to the airport as our flight was early. The price was great and for that you get what you paid for in the room. Our room was on the courtyard level. It was very noisy... we heard everything on the courtyard at all hours of the night. The tv was terrible. I felt like I was back in the 80's with the snowy screen trying to see what I was watching. The room was outdated and some updates would be nice. The fridge did not cool consistently. I am not sure if the floors were vacuumed as dark, black hair showed up on our socks. That kind of grossed us out. The breakfast was below average. It was nothing to get excited over in the morning to be truthful. The Wi-Fi was not all good either. I had to log in each time I wanted Wi-Fi and that got annoying.

On a positive note... the front desk was very helpful and friendly. They answered our questions and displayed great amounts of professionalism anytime we visited. My wife and I thought the beds were pretty comfortable for a hotel. The hotel is directly between 2 malls and close to the interstate (the construction there is horrendous).

I'm not sure I'll stay here again. I'll probably pay a little more $$ to stay at nicer, cleaner, updated hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above 2nd floor. You'll be glad you did!