“Location was perfect. Room was not as clean as it should...”

Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
Ranked #103 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Location was perfect. Room was not as clean as it should have been. For a handicap room, having the uneven floor in the bathroom is a liability claim waiting to happen. I noticed that you had mentioned that a lot of rooms have been remodeled. This one was not. Does need attention.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 22, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
BobFalk, General Manager at Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friend & I came up from Naples to Tampa for the Rhianna concert 4/19/2012..... We got in VERY early Friday Morning (5ish) so we could get settled and do some shopping in Tampa while in town. Upon check-in, the mand behind the desk (jeremy) was super helpful, I had an issue with my cc for some reason and he was very patient and understanding. So far- So Good we thought... THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT WKND! We left the room around noon, after a FEW hours of sleep. When we got back to our room around 3, I was sorting thru my luggage, my friend was in wrapped in a towel heading to shower, when OUT OF NO WHERE someone tries to BARGE into our Room! At first we thought we were being robbed, then a Woman (Claudette Williams) started screaming for us to open the door. I asked for a few minutes so my friend could get dressed - her response - I SAID OPEN THIS DOOR & NOW!! We didn't know what was going on??? She has the door wide open SCREAMING that we were to have been out of our room NO Latter than 11a.m., we were in total shock 1) The UnNeeded Screaming 2) We were there for a concert THAT NITE we had to have the room.... We asked her why we had to leave she said we didnt pay for the 2nd nite, we explained because we told Jeremy we would be bringing cash for the next nite & Sat nite, if we decided to stay that long. Her response - We don't take NO Cash! Completely opposite of what were infrormed at check-in. We told her we were from out of town and here for a concert that now started in less than 4 hours. Her response - that aint my problem, We've been dialing your room ALL DAY, we have NO ROOMS available, you need to get your stuff and GO NOW! I asked why we were not givin this info at check-in? Her response - I wasn't at your check-in. I said ok, if you won't take cash can I give you plastic, we just went and bought our clothes for the Concert, we were running out of time. Her Response - You Can't use your card, I already tried it and it was declined (it was a pre-paid card I use when traveling and load just enough money as I need). I said No, I have a different card, her response - It's NOT going to matter because there are NO ROOMS left. Frantically I jumped online and was able to find a similar room a little further away @ the same price. THIS PLACE IS DIRTY & NEEDS MAJOR RENOVATIONS - NOT 1 SINGLE ICE MACHINE WORKED ON ALL 5 FLOORS!!!! NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!! You've been warned........ It's THAT BAD! This incident pushed me to write my first hotel review ever.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

We at the Ramada Tampa Westshore pride ourselves in taking care of our guests. This review is under review as the facts are not even close to being true. Guest had no money on credit card for a second night stay and guest was not even approached for payment until it became 2.5 hours passed the normal check out time.

Bob Falk