“Great stay...”

Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
Ranked #96 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We used the Ramada's Park'nFly package for an early morning flight. The desk clerks were very nice, the room was nice, the bed was WONDERFUL and the shuttle to the airport was punctual and easy. I would defintely stay at this hotel again the next time I have an early flight.

The hotel is older but the room was updated and fairly soundproof.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here 1 night only (fortunately) prior to early flight. Was a late booking, and this particular weekend in July the hotel was overrun by a school/college students event. The hotel entrance is modern, and reception staff were friendly and reasonably helpful, but the 2nd floor room access along an open verandah revealed the true age of this old brick building, and the room tho appearing clean was of a similar vintage, the mini en-suite bathroom definately showing its age. I ate dinner at the ground floor restaurant which was either trying to be authentic "Old Tampa" or in need of a total refit, on the plus side the food was good and reasonably priced. The included buffet breakfast on morning of departure was Very lacking in variety. The free shuttle bus from the airport took 1/2hr to arrive from phone call, but return to airport at 6:30am was pretty much on time. Based on this experience i would be hesitent to stay at a Ramada Inn again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It had nice amenities and the price was great. I was a nice change not to be hit with hidden fees. The rate was exactly as what was quoted on line. We had stayed here to catch a AM Flight and was pleasantly surprise as to the convenient location to the airport..

Room Tip: I asked for the room that was shown on the internet and that is exactly what we had received.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here 1 night pre-cruise. The service at the hotel was really 5 stars. We landed in Tampa before noon (check in is listed at 3), so I called to see if our room might be available. Edwin answered and said, no our room wasn't available, but took down my cell number to call me when it would be. Then he told us since they were fully booked we had received a free upgrade. Well that was pretty exciting. There were 4 of us staying in the room, so I had booked a deluxe double since it was only $9 more than the standard double and it listed that it had a balcony. Edwin said now we were upgraded to executive double.
We ate at the airport then called for the free shuttle from airport to the hotel. We were told to go out the double doors by baggage claim 15. We waited for 20 minutes or so watching lots of cars go by but don't see the shuttle. Then my phone rings, from Edwin. He says the driver can't find us and are we sure we are at the right spot? Turns out there are two double doors outside baggage claim 15 and we were by the "pickup" and not "ground transportation" or something like that. So we move locations and the shuttle picks us up within 5 minutes. The shuttle driver was actually supposed to already be off his shift, but instead of shrugging it off and going back (which would have left us stranded at the airport), he called the hotel who called me to make sure we were picked up.
We arrived at the Ramada, the lobby and outside looks really nice and we were really impressed. Edwin gave us our keys and lots of information about shopping, restaurants, etc. in the area. We then proceeded to our free upgrade room which was pretty much the same as every other hotel I've ever stayed in. I think the "executive" versus "deluxe" meant that we were staying on the patio, 2nd floor. The "balcony" is the wraparound the whole building, basically just the outside, not something I would have paid for had I known. The room did have plenty of space for us and all our luggage, a nice armchair, microwave, minifridge. Would have liked to have 2 queens instead of 2 doubles for our "upgrade" but it was free and for the 4 of us we still paid less than $80 for the night. The pool is outdoor and nice and big, and the breakfast was your typical continental. Check out was easy and they called a taxi for us to the port (they also offer a shuttle service to the cruise port but at $10 per person a taxi was more economical for us). We did request extra blankets which never came, but we heard the person at the front desk make the call, so it wasn't his fault.
The Hurricane Bar had good food and drinks at a good price (meals were about $10-12, sandwiches $8-10, drink specials), no wait for service. However I must say, and I'm in my mid twenties, the live band was too loud. We couldn't hear each other across the table and when we went back up to our room to go to bed we could still hear the music (the words only in the bathroom but the music in our whole room). Luckily we were so tired from our 6 am flight that we went right to sleep anyway.
In summary: Service and common facilities are excellent but the room was average. Hurricane is a good place to eat if you don't want to commute.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pshortie265
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked a room here the day before we went on a cruise and then another day for when we got back from the cruise. We choose this hotel, based on the price and location. it was cheap, and close to the airport and the cruise terminal.
This wasnt the BEST hotel...but it worked just fine for what we needed it for.
they had a free shuttle service from the airport that picked us up...even tho we had to wait a little but for our driver, it was worth it being free.
The lobby was gorgeous, the front desk staff was super nice and accommodating. I cant tell you enough how extremely nice they are.
The room we stayed in was a little run down looking, and outdated, but it was clean and that is what matters to me. We spent a lot of time in their pool, which was clean and VERY nice. It was a very large pool too.
They have Hurricane Grill, which is a restaurant/bar that is attached to the hotel. They were good, however their menu has SO MUCH to choose from, its actually overwhelming. But the food was good and beer was better! :)
All the rooms are on a balcony, so there are no hallways. and they have this outdoor patio area which we had some wine and played cards on...it was nice.
Like I said, the hotel rooms were outdated and definetly needs to be upgraded. but I think they are slowly working on that. as they do offer newly remodeled rooms (not for the price we paid)
I think eventaully every room will be upgraded. The beds were VERY comfortable, I slept like a baby. I would stay at this hotel again.
The one small complaint that I would have about this hotel...is the toliet paper is REALLY far from the toliet. its definetly a stretch!

Room Tip: If you want the upgraded rooms, then pay the money. if you dont mind the outdated room, then you'...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

missed our flight. tried to find a good airport hotel. wanted a free shuttle also.the front desk woman was great. she got us in early. i also stayed a few years ago.it was a best western , and was a dumo.this is much improved. we had a renovated roomm. the lobby is very sleek. employees were all very nice.

Room Tip: mall is 1/2 mile away. good amc theater.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Last stayed here over a year ago for an early flight, and the room to be on the dark/dingy side. The price was right, so decided to give it another try this trip. This time was in a remodeled room and what a difference--- newer furniture, lighter colors,more comfortable bed.

Still had to leave too early to take advantage of the breakfast. Early in the a.m., no trouble making the left turn onto Westshore to head to the airport.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo