“Hotel was nice...not the best, but nice..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport

Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
Ranked #100 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
chicago
“Hotel was nice...not the best, but nice..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked a room here the day before we went on a cruise and then another day for when we got back from the cruise. We choose this hotel, based on the price and location. it was cheap, and close to the airport and the cruise terminal.
This wasnt the BEST hotel...but it worked just fine for what we needed it for.
they had a free shuttle service from the airport that picked us up...even tho we had to wait a little but for our driver, it was worth it being free.
The lobby was gorgeous, the front desk staff was super nice and accommodating. I cant tell you enough how extremely nice they are.
The room we stayed in was a little run down looking, and outdated, but it was clean and that is what matters to me. We spent a lot of time in their pool, which was clean and VERY nice. It was a very large pool too.
They have Hurricane Grill, which is a restaurant/bar that is attached to the hotel. They were good, however their menu has SO MUCH to choose from, its actually overwhelming. But the food was good and beer was better! :)
All the rooms are on a balcony, so there are no hallways. and they have this outdoor patio area which we had some wine and played cards on...it was nice.
Like I said, the hotel rooms were outdated and definetly needs to be upgraded. but I think they are slowly working on that. as they do offer newly remodeled rooms (not for the price we paid)
I think eventaully every room will be upgraded. The beds were VERY comfortable, I slept like a baby. I would stay at this hotel again.
The one small complaint that I would have about this hotel...is the toliet paper is REALLY far from the toliet. its definetly a stretch!

Room Tip: If you want the upgraded rooms, then pay the money. if you dont mind the outdated room, then you'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

missed our flight. tried to find a good airport hotel. wanted a free shuttle also.the front desk woman was great. she got us in early. i also stayed a few years ago.it was a best western , and was a dumo.this is much improved. we had a renovated roomm. the lobby is very sleek. employees were all very nice.

Room Tip: mall is 1/2 mile away. good amc theater.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Last stayed here over a year ago for an early flight, and the room to be on the dark/dingy side. The price was right, so decided to give it another try this trip. This time was in a remodeled room and what a difference--- newer furniture, lighter colors,more comfortable bed.

Still had to leave too early to take advantage of the breakfast. Early in the a.m., no trouble making the left turn onto Westshore to head to the airport.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank anony
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The people at the check in/out desk,are the nicest people you want to meet,the housekeepers are nice @ the maintanice guys are really nice about handlein things.These are some busy people @ try an make your stay pleasent as much as possible,they have hundreds of guess to help,things might get a little slow,But give these nice people a break{they have to wait on Fussy-Dummys,the ones should be sleepin in the basement};as well as the patient ones...My boyfriend @ i was there(8/9-10-11/12rm.236),I loved the view of pool&watchin the planes/he got bit by a bug or something(NO BED BUG),so they put us in rm.355-My stay was nice/even if He was complainin@itchin{he has sensitive skin....I plan to go Back......Oh,u might want to ask for a rm. with a bar in the bath-tub{because,the step in it is high}......

Room Tip: Ask if they would give you a room that has a bath tub bar,because the step in it make you fill funny...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

...this is really a motel...a dated motel with a nice looking lobby and exterior. Pulling into the parking lot, I thought that this could be nice. The lobby was modern looking and I was thinking that we got a real deal considering the price ($140 for two nights). However, once we got out of the slow elevator, we saw what looked like a motel from the 80s....multi storied building with connected rooms; with open walkways and exterior entrances. Our room's furniture featured mismatched furniture drawers, and a tired bathroom with a shower that was difficult to operate. The television was so bad that the US Olympic athletes looked like they were wearing red velvet uniforms. The air conditioner was so loud that getting a good night's sleep was next to impossible. The only good things I can say about the hotel is the proximity to the airport (we had a 6 AM flight to catch), and the Hurricane Grill attached to the hotel.

Room Tip: Nothing to suggest
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bradenton, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here for four nights for work and was happy to be able to move to another hotel for the rest of my stay in Tampa. The hotel isn't terrible, but it does itself a dis-service to have a great looking lobby and then a good number of rooms that aren't anything like the lobby. Of the three elevators, one was down the whole time and another one was consistently not working. And both of them were extremely slow. Waiting for or while on the elevators, I heard many complaints from other guests. They were mostly minor, but there were so many. Other than the elevators, my biggest problem was security- the door lock from the large parking lot out back was marked as not working, and no parking was available out front. Walking around the building by myself at 11:30 pm was very unsettling.

The room was a basic, no frills room except for the pleasant surprise of a microwave and mini-fridge. My key didn't work in my room any night I got there (the first time). I was told it was because the humidity messed with the locking mechanism. Well, the hotel should plan for that. I got very tired of hearing "I'm sorry" from the front desk staff. One night, they even called for someone to go to my room to make sure I got in, and no one ever arrived.

Overall, it could have been worse, but I won't be coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Erin C
Dordogne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were looking for a cheap overnight stay before an early flight. The staff we very helpful. The reception area was fine but the corridors and stairs were worn and neglected. I have no idea if we were in a renovated room or not. It was ok. I certainly would not like to spend a week there but in view of what we paid I have no complaints for one night. Some people expect too much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple