“The personnel makes this a nice place”

Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #81 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Honolulu, HI
“The personnel makes this a nice place”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This Residence Inn is one of the older ones that I've stayed at recently but, it's still clean and the personnel are great. There is no flat screen tv's in the room but the rooms are very clean and I didn't have any problems with noise.

I would like to see better internet speeds at these hotels. That was about the only disappointing thing that I could see.

Give me high speed internet and keep the flat screens!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Savannah, GA
Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and I travel to Tampa on a monthly basis and have enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75. Our last visit was the third time staying at this hotel and we plan on making it "our place to stay" while in Tampa. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful and also welcoming. The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable, bathrooms are large, wireless internet is nice to have in the rooms, full sized refrigerator, coffee maker, dishes and flatware, and also a great complimentary hot breakfast is available each morning off the lobby area. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Stayed for two nights in February 2010. The hotel is clean and the bed is the standard comfy Marriott bed, but the hotel is showing its age. For example, the carpet was coming up at the dividing area between the living room area and the kitchen, the room has an old 20" TV, wifi is very slow, and my room had no hangers. I would probably stay here again because I only stay at Marriott properties for their points program, but this hotel won't be winning any awards anytime soon. (I normally stay at the Residence Inn Times Square in NYC and it's a night and day difference...that hotel is perfect in almost every way)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2010

The hotel is old and it has a weird smell to it, it really needs to be renovated; the bathroom was not cleaned properly and there were hairs on the toilet seat and the rim had urine stains on it. I paid about $120 per night for this and I feel it was not worth it at all!!! I don't know if it just pertains to the Marriott hotels in that area but I don't find customer service to be their strong point either I couldn't say that they are very rude but with Marriott I became acostumed to a different type of interactions (With the exception of the clerk that checked me out, she was nice and wished me a nice day)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 14, 2009

The 2 bedroom Suite was large and clean. Each room had had one queen bed. There is a sofa sleeper located in the main living area. The kitchen was large and had every thing you needed. We did not use the pool area due to rain. There are not many restaurants located nearby. We did drive north (6 Miles) one exit off of I-75 and found plenty of places to eat.
I would have gave this hotel a excellent review if not for the following issue. There was five adults traveling in are group. The sofa sleeper was to be used by one adult. There were no linens for the sofa sleeper. We called the front desk and requested a linen package. Was told to send some one down to the front desk and they would see what they had. Sent my son down and he returned with two sheets. Called the front desk again and asked if they had a couple of pillows and a blanket. Was told they would have to find these items. Stopped the cleaning staff member on my way and was told that they were all out of blankets and pillows. "The hotel is full" After 15 to 20 minutes a blanket was located. We used pillows from the two beds. Staff didn't seem to concerned by the linen issue.
Hotel was OK if the staff seem to care a "little more"
I wouldn't stay there again just because of the staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
The Lone Star State
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Lee -- the hotel's overnight manager -- is wonderful. Great stay, great service. (And, of course, great breakfast.)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kingofhoteliers
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We selected this hotel because of the proximity to the MOSI sponsored Renaissance Festival. The hotel grounds and lobby were very clean as well as our rooms and the location was wonderful, we all felt like we were in a secluded forest area and even saw a baby alligator crossing the road one morning.

The hot breakfast buffet was wonderful and one of the best we've ever been served at a hotel.....it certainly beat 2 day old danish and watered down juices that hotels usually offer. There was 24 hr. complimentary hot coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby for guests.

We would certainly return to this hotel in the future.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank fl-resident
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!