Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore(Tampa)(Great Value!)
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$132
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$153
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$133
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$140
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$194
$149
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$151
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$153
$110
SailportSuites.com
All reviewsmoffitt cancer centerlettuce lake parkbasketball hoopgas grillcomplimentary wine and beertwo bedroom suitetemple terracegreat hot breakfastfull kitchenfabulous stayfire pitquiet locationstayed for two nightsnice place to stayhome away from homefamily vacationusf campus
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The hotel is very nice & clean. The Staff is very personable, friendly and attentive. The kitchen offers everyday free breakfast that is amazing! The food is delicious, have a large selection to choose from. On Mondays thru Wednesday they have starting at 6:00-7:30 pm get togethers with appetizers, snacks, salads, etc... wine & beer all free! Jenira and Sal are super attentive and helpful making anything you might need available. It is a great opportunity to come back to the hotel and unwind at the same time meeting new friends who are staying. This hotel is truly Pet Friendly! Is perfect for business commute, families, tourists, singles, couples, or patients attending Moffitt Cancer Center as well as their Families or relatives. It has laundry room facility. Our room was large and had a fully equipped kitchenette, toiletries, and very comfortable furniture as well as the Bed mattress and Pillows. Housekeeping keeps the rooms super clean. They offer the local newspaper free for everyone at the front desk where Tangela, Karla and Gloria are at your service with great smiles and always greeting everyone making you feel welcome. The pool is very nice, also a jacuzzi, barbecue grill, basketball hoop. The grounds are well kept and the area is serene and quiet. In the lobby area they have the snack/drinks/food stand and coolers. Victor and Angel were also very helpful and friendly. We stayed for 14 days and we were very pleased with everything. We had a fabulous stay. They are many people who stay at the hotel who attend, visit or have treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center and the hotel offers them shuttle services. We are Marriott Gold Members and we can attest that we had stayed in many Hotels, this is one of the ones who everyone in the Staff makes you feel special, welcome, and will go above and beyond to make your stay fabulous. We will definatelly stay here again when visiting the Tampa area, and we recommended to anyone who is visiting Bush Gardens or Tampa North.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the elevator facing south are large and the view is to a garden area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Tracy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you for this wonderful review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that my amazing staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for being a Gold Member, your loyalty is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

We rented the two room hotel suite. It was perfect for our family of 6. The hotel has a nice outdoor area, with a pool, hot tub, grill, basketball, and loungers. They did socials a few nights, and offered the guests beer or wine. The breakfast was good, and the food was kept stocked. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank churppy
Tracy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I brought my girls high school basketball team to Tampa to play in a weekend team camp. One of my goals was to room the girls together for the weekend to see how they would bond with each other, if at all. The two bedroom suites with two queen beds, two full baths, a queen sleeper in the living room and full kitchen was just the ticket for what I wanted to accomplish. The front desk staff was very accommodating and tried to get the girls/parents as close together as possible, all the while putting me on a separate floor away from the "fun". This hotel was conveniently located between our camp and I-75 with restaurants and gas stations near by. The rooms were clean, they have a laundry on the 2nd floor and breakfast is free. They have a good variety of entrees for breakfast ranging from scrambled eggs to oat meal. The eggs were a little dry but overall the meals were great. I usually stay at Residence Inns and decided to give my team the experience to stay at a high end hotel. Overall, my experiment went well, we didn't win a game during team camp but the girls loved eating pizza by the pool and getting to know each other, which made the former a little more palatable. We will stay here again next year when we come back for camp and hopefully a few wins.

Room Tip: 2nd floor if you want to do your laundry.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Tracy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Mark, thank you for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure to work with you and we will gladly welcome you back anytime. Your girls were so well behaved and polite which is a direct reflection of your expectations. Thank you again for choosing Residence Inn Tampa North!

Reviewed June 24, 2017

When my husband and I travel, we prefer staying in "suite" hotels, Marriott usually topping our list. So, when I had to go to Moffitt Cancer Center for a consultation, and because it was the top-listed hotel on the Center's hotel list, we chose this Residence Inn. All I can say is, "Shame, shame!" And, I am basing the following review not only on my experiences in other Residence Inns but also on my experiences in other similar hotels:

We arrived about 3:30 in the afternoon, figuring if our room wasn't ready we could at least relax in the lobby until the 4 p.m. check-in. When we walked into the facility there was no one at the front desk and no way to summon them (like the old-fashioned bell). After waiting about 5 minutes, and hearing movement from the office behind the desk, we yelled out, "Hello!" several times. Finally, a very pleasant and ultimately helpful young man checked us in. We took our keys, fetched our luggage and went to the room. Guess what? Neither key worked, so we went back to the front desk, where the keys were re-keyed and guess what? Yup, we still got the red light. Back again, keys were re-programmed but this time the front desk gentleman very nicely walked us to our room to make sure they would work! And, guess what, they did!

When we walked into the room, we were disappointed by the size (other Inns have spacious one-bedroom suites; in this one when we both were in a room it seemed overcrowded), but since we were there for only one night we thought "OK, we'll suck it up." As we checked out the space we noticed it was shabby and not as clean as I would like. After checking for bed bugs (which I do in every place I stay), I was satisfied enough to stay the night. In some respects (see list below) this was not a good decision:

1. The pull-out couch's mattress was dirty (ink stains, dingy/dirty looking) and the springs could be felt. The actual couch wasn't too bad.

2.There was no grab bar in the tub. I have bad knees but do not need an accessible room since this was the first hotel I have stayed in since the ADA became law that didn't have a grab bar in every bathroom. I pointed this out to a woman at the front desk whose answer was basically that by law they weren't required to have grab bars except in accessible rooms. Really??? In Florida, where there are a lot of older adults and in a hotel that is populated by cancer patients? What was Moffitt thinking in recommending this place? To get in and out of the tub I had to use the towel bar for support, which seems to me to be dangerous.

3. When I went to print some papers I needed to bring with me to the hospital, the printer wouldn't work. The woman who was at he front desk was very helpful and got it working, which consisted of plugging the printer into the computer. Why was it unplugged in the first place?

4. At one point the TVs went wonky. Five minutes later it began storming, so I think this was caused by the weather since they use a dish provider. It came back as soon the rain subsided.

5. Since it was raining we were grateful for the cocktail buffet, which had ambitious offerings of smoked brisket, pulled pork, corn bread, potato salad and more. The food was tasty but since there was only one woman working not refilled quickly enough and there wasn't enough silverware and plates, and to a lot of other patrons' consternation, there was no beer because as they were told someone forgot to order it. Kudos to the woman who managed not only to keep things going but also kept smiling and being pleasant.

6. This is what I call the "Ewww Factor": Found a hair on the bathtub wall that didn't belong to either me or my husband and live bugs were in the bathroom fixture.

7. Free breakfast is a wonderful perk, especially when guests have early appointments or work to get to. The offering was mediocre but would've worked if the eggs had been at least warm, the turkey sausage not dried out and the toaster working. The lovely woman who was working the previous night also serviced the breakfast, again being very pleasant. She even went out of her way to get the toaster working (but why would she have to do this?).

On the plus side:
1. Many of the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.

2. The rubber ducky on the bathtub added a whimsical touch. Nice, especially for families with children.

3. Pillows were great.

As a female traveler, I find most, if not all, hotels are not very woman-friendly, and this place was no exception to that observation. The following are my chronic complaints:

1. The TV channels offered tend to favor men's tastes.

2. I personally hate when the sink is not in the bathroom but in an area just outside with no door. I like my privacy when I am flossing, cleansing, etc. Why not make just one larger bathroom?

3. Lighting was not conducive to putting on makeup; in fact it was quite dim throughout. How expensive would a makeup mirror with lights be to install? Men, too, have certain grooming needs they need good lighting for.

4. How much more expensive is double-ply toilet paper?

5. Not enough trash cans.

6. Providing shampoo, conditioner, soap and body wash is nice, but how about also having small spray can of air freshener?

In summary, I'd say our stay was at best mediocre and that this particular Inn consider its core customers – older adults and hospital patients and caregivers. A total makeover could make this a four-star facility.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, take a room one level up from what you usually get.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Tracy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Thank you for the review! I'm always delighted when the only shortcomings of the property are those outside our control, such as design, menu and choice of furnishings. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and wish you nothing but the best results from Moffitt!

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this Residence Inn for a trip with my daughter's for a trip to tour USF. Great location for a USF visit. The Marriott standard is meet, however the building is really old. I woukd suggest a remodel. I found that both the Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn (down the street) are both really old buildings. This location was nice and quiet. The fireplace in the suite is a nice touch in the winter I am sure! So my one complaint was the breakfast. It was horrible!! Even my kids couldn't really eat it. Only the waffles were decent. I travel.every 2 weeks and normally I can at least do eggs and toast. Or some fruits. But the eggs were horrible. The fruit wasn't the normal fresh fruit...but canned with syrup. So I settled on a boiled egg and a banana. So much for getting a nice full breakfast before an all day USF campus tour! So I then had to buy food on campus. So this to me make the cost of the suite not worth it. I think the cost is justified with inclusion of breakfast. So in this case just remember you might need to go get your family something. Dunkin Donuts is right down the street. Lol. But overall still a decent location and property.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Tracy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn Tampa North. It's been nearly a year since Marriott changed the Residence Inn breakfast and they've had an overwhelmingly positive response to the healthier choices. Breakfast scores on average have increased more than 6 points since the change. I'm sorry that it didn't fit your personal taste. I hope you had a wonderful time touring USF and had the opportunity to experience our great city!