“Great Diggs if you are going to Busch Gardens”

Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #78 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Eastern Shore, AL
“Great Diggs if you are going to Busch Gardens”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We spent two nights here with our young children. It offered a great place to relax after the park and the ability to cook our own meals. The hotel also offers a breakfast bar and that is very helpful with small children. Overall it was clean and easily accessible from Busch Gardens without the "next door price".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel with your family. Our fully equipped kitchens and full hot breakfast buffet, as well as our great location, make it a fun and easy getaway with kids. We hope to see you again soon!
813 972 4400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had requested a top floor but one was not reserved or available. However, the lovely front desk lady provided a room at the end of the hall for more quiet. (Heavy walkers were heard above me, though.) The room was spotless and breakfast pleasant.

I stayed here so I could cross the highway to visit Lettuce Leaf Park with it's boardwalks over wetlands and rivers. Saw a Bald Eagle nesting, a wood stork, and lots of the usual cast of feathered friends. A county park, admission is $4.00 a car or free to walkers. Hope you enjoy this excellent 1-3 hour walk in nature!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am not one much on words but I must give credit where credit is due. I was simply amazed when I stepped in the Marriott Resident Christmas Eve morning 2:40am, tired, sleepy, just worn, I was greeted with such a pleasant welcome by the staff, my tired subsided. I really enjoyed my stay. The property sets back in a plush flowery environment of peace. I felt so at home. I say a home away from home. I was there to enjoy peace and peace I enjoyed. My bed was soft, warm and comfy. I looked out the window and the trees were a sight to behold.

I cannot forget the breakfast. Continental, Maybe, I am not sure if so it was the best continental breakfast I ever had. Largest selection of food, served all in glass china, and it was very good.

From this Day forward The Marriott Residence Inn will be on my list of the Hotels to stay in on my trips away from Home. Loving It...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Barbara J
Longboat Key Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Residence Inn several times in the past when I have appointments at USF, Moffitt Cancer Ctr. The hotel has undergone a refurbishment of the breakfast and cocktail area, new wide screen TVs in the rooms, free wi-fi and USB Internet in rooms, but the staff has always been great, from the helpful people at the front desk to the very accommodating ladies at the complimentary breakfast and in the evening complimentary beer/wine and hot appetizers. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if your travels bring you to The North Tampa, USF area.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank ospreycove
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review! We take great pride in our service and and I have shared your comments with our team.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I along with my wife stayed here for 2 weeks in early November and had a very pleasant experience. I stayed in a studio suite that was well furnished and very comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked. The room was clean and had 2 huge windows which I like very much. The hotel itself was beautiful and had ample parking space and a very good breakfast spread each day. It’s not those name sake breakfast. you get a proper full breakfast every day. They also had evening receptions on the weekdays. It has a nice swimming pool and a neat basketball court but if you just want to walk around the Lettuce Park is just a stone’s throw. Has all that’s needed to make your stay relaxed. Loved the place.

Room Tip: Choose one of those rooms in the upper decks. makes the room a lot brighter!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Varun2216
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Although the staff and service was great, I found the bed hard and absolutely horrible. I asked management the next morning if there was anything they could do, and I was told that they had heard this before, and perhaps I would like to put a few "towels" on top of the mattress to soften it up. She then told me she would check with the engineer. When I returned from work, I received a note from the engineer that stated " Our mattresses are all the same, sorry". I was scheduled to stay the entire month of December. I am checking out and going to another Marriott property that cares.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I sincerely apologize that you found the bed to be uncomfortable, and more importantly, that we did not have a better solution to this problem. Thank you for your feedback; I can assure you that we will have a better solution should this problem arise in the future. I am pleased that you enjoyed our staff and service, as we take great pride in this.
Atlanta
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This Residence Inn was recently updated. Although, I wish they would go all out on the updates, and not just replace carpet and paint. This is a good value if you're looking for a place to stay near Busch Gardens or for business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)

Been to Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!