“This Residence Inn is excellent in every way”

Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #81 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Residence Inn several times in the past when I have appointments at USF, Moffitt Cancer Ctr. The hotel has undergone a refurbishment of the breakfast and cocktail area, new wide screen TVs in the rooms, free wi-fi and USB Internet in rooms, but the staff has always been great, from the helpful people at the front desk to the very accommodating ladies at the complimentary breakfast and in the evening complimentary beer/wine and hot appetizers. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if your travels bring you to The North Tampa, USF area.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank ospreycove
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review! We take great pride in our service and and I have shared your comments with our team.
Robert Newton
813 972 4400

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I along with my wife stayed here for 2 weeks in early November and had a very pleasant experience. I stayed in a studio suite that was well furnished and very comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked. The room was clean and had 2 huge windows which I like very much. The hotel itself was beautiful and had ample parking space and a very good breakfast spread each day. It’s not those name sake breakfast. you get a proper full breakfast every day. They also had evening receptions on the weekdays. It has a nice swimming pool and a neat basketball court but if you just want to walk around the Lettuce Park is just a stone’s throw. Has all that’s needed to make your stay relaxed. Loved the place.

Room Tip: Choose one of those rooms in the upper decks. makes the room a lot brighter!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Varun2216
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Although the staff and service was great, I found the bed hard and absolutely horrible. I asked management the next morning if there was anything they could do, and I was told that they had heard this before, and perhaps I would like to put a few "towels" on top of the mattress to soften it up. She then told me she would check with the engineer. When I returned from work, I received a note from the engineer that stated " Our mattresses are all the same, sorry". I was scheduled to stay the entire month of December. I am checking out and going to another Marriott property that cares.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I sincerely apologize that you found the bed to be uncomfortable, and more importantly, that we did not have a better solution to this problem. Thank you for your feedback; I can assure you that we will have a better solution should this problem arise in the future. I am pleased that you enjoyed our staff and service, as we take great pride in this.
Robert Newton
813 972 4400

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This Residence Inn was recently updated. Although, I wish they would go all out on the updates, and not just replace carpet and paint. This is a good value if you're looking for a place to stay near Busch Gardens or for business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A lot of patients at Moffitt Cancer Ctr stay here. They give a special rate! The staff do all they can to be extra considerate of the guests needs! The breakfast is fresh, they keep the area clean and replenished. Everyone says "good morning" and when leaving wishes you a good day! We have stayed here many times! We have also stayed at other close by Marriott properties. We like this one the best, but the others are good too!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky P
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We met our parents in Tampa FL for a weekend gathering. We wanted a suite with a kitchen, so we wouldn't have to eat all meals out. It was 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and nice living room. This was a perfect location!
Just across the street was Lettuce Park with walking trails and wildlife. The $2 admission was more than worth it. We saw a lot of birds, turtles and yes, aligators! There are pavillions and picnic areas.
A nice breakfast was included and it was significant and different each day. We were a short driving distance from grocery stores and restaurants.
About 1/2 hour drive from Tampa airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I have stayed many many times at this hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful and their amenities are beyond compare. Close to the Moffitt Cancer Center and the University of South Florida. Located in a peaceful and beautiful setting. A short walk from beautiful Lettuce Lake Park. Wonderful evening hospitality hour included plus super pet friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kandyflfl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
3 mi away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Tampa USF Near Busch Gardens
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

Been to Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!