“Fabulous stay”

Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #82 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I am presently staying at the Residence Inn along with my Mom, sister and brother while my Dad is at Moffett Cancer Center. Our stay has been fantastic. The room is wonderful and we have more than enough room in the 2 bedroom unit. The manager, Robert is a wonderful, caring person who goes out of his way anytime we need something. We have found the entire staff to be so helpful. I would like to give a special thanks to Samantha who is a hard worker and so outgoing and friendly. The breakfast which is provided each morning is delicious and leaves you wanting for nothing. The social hour is an added plus where snacks are provided . The snacks can actually be a meal they are so nice. I would stay at this Residence Inn anytime if I had to be in Tampa. No complaints at all. Obviously Mariott found a special manager when they found Robert.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom has a real fireplace
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Robert N, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Lv2travelFairfax:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your great review. I have passed your thanks along to Samantha. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tampa!

Robert Newton
(813) 972 4400

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel was perfect for 4 adults and 2 kids. We had a queen bedroom and private bath for each adult couple and the kids took the pull out. It was a big room, with a dinning area, and full size kitchen. We stayed while visiting Bush Gardens, which was only 10mins. away. The breakfast was typical, but free; so can't complain. The room was very clean. The hotel is a little tricky to find at night, but also away from the noise of the highway. Nice and quiet at night. The kids loved the sport court and there is a park across the street with hiking trails. Management was exceptional at making sure we were able to use our rewards point last minute, and made the phone call while we waited.

The best part of this trip was all of us together having a great time!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed at this location over the Christmas holidays while visiting friends. We have stayed at other Residence Inns and have become accustomed to the great accomodations and this hotel was no exception. This hotel allows pets, but the hotel grounds were kept clean and there was no loud barking or even any evidence that any pets were there at all. If you are planning to visit Busch Gardens it is about 5 miles away.

Our 1 bedroom suite was adaquate and spacious with a closed door bedroom with a queen bed. The living room couch also had a hideaway bed. The free internet was also nice, but the WiFi was obviously throttled to conserve bandwidth. Not so fast, but it did work. The kitchen had all new appliances and granite counter tops. It was fully furnished with plates, silverware and cooking utensils.

The bathroom was modern, clean and in good shape, but it was a little cramped. The bathroom door barely cleared the toilet by 1/2" when closing. The vanity area was also modern and had granite counters. Everthing was very clean and in good repair. No bugs or other critters running around.

The breakfast was outstanding and contained a full breakfast with eggs, hash browns, ham, sausage and belgian waffles. The staff was very friendly and wished us a Merry Christmas on Christmas morning. The house keeping staff also did a fine job. The housekeeping was limited to only fresh towels on Christmas Day, but I think that it's important for employees to be able to spend Christmas Day with thier families.

Our only compliant was that the ice maker in our room did not work and kept making a noise while trying to dump ice into the tray. The ice maker was not repaired even after several complaints to the duty manager, Jerry Charles. We finally gave up and turned it off. This was very important to us because my wife uses IV mediations that must be kept cold. There is no ice maker on any floor that we could use for ice while we were out of the room and we were forced to ask the front desk to get some ice from the kitchen. We did this every day for 5 days and reported the icemaker each and every time. We finally spoke to the maintance man who checked the log for us. Imagine our surprise when we found that there was no repair order.

The management staff was kind enough to issue us a credit on our bill during checkout because of the icemaker. I can understand that people are on vacation during the holidays but this could have been handled better. No one expressed any real concern about this until after I became irrate and we were never offered another room.

Don't write off this hotel simply because of this one review. This hotel was perfect in every way except for this one incident.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator are closer to the laundry room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karl1010
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Have been staying here for the past 3 weeks. The staff is friendly and responsive, rooms are very nice and the breakfast and evening socials are super! Could use a few more washers and dryers though as there are a lot of extended stay guests.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2011

As a frequent visitor to the RI for business, me and my colleagues often arrive late at night. Thank you Lee for having our keys ready and getting us off to our rooms as quickly as possible.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed here one night by using Priceline Negotiator. I was a little skeptical because of some of the previous reviews but this place exceeded our expectations! It has recently been renovated so everything is decorated very tastefully. The staff were all very friendly. Breakfast was really good! The only downside was the bed was not as comfortable as we had hoped but we only stayed one night so it didn't matter.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel for business and it does not have wireless connectivity in all rooms. Additionally, depending on your room, you may not have access when hardwired to the network. At this time rooms 301, 306, 307 do not have network access. I was told that this facility was struck by lightning a few weeks back and is waiting on repairs. So if internet access if needed, please check it when your arrive in your room. Will save you the trouble of packing up and moving. BTW thank you Marcus for helping me out with this!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Robert N, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear Lois T:

Thanks for your comments. I apologize for the internet issues you experienced. Unfortunately these issues are quite complex and so the repairs are taking longer than originally expected. I assure you that we are making every effort to get these issues repaired as soon as possible. We are also communicating this to our guest prior to check in. Thanks also for recognizing Marcus--I will be sure to share your comments with him as he takes pride in his great customer service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Robert Newton
813 972 4400

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!