“Bush Gardens Family Vacation”

Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #79 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
“Bush Gardens Family Vacation”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel was perfect for 4 adults and 2 kids. We had a queen bedroom and private bath for each adult couple and the kids took the pull out. It was a big room, with a dinning area, and full size kitchen. We stayed while visiting Bush Gardens, which was only 10mins. away. The breakfast was typical, but free; so can't complain. The room was very clean. The hotel is a little tricky to find at night, but also away from the noise of the highway. Nice and quiet at night. The kids loved the sport court and there is a park across the street with hiking trails. Management was exceptional at making sure we were able to use our rewards point last minute, and made the phone call while we waited.

The best part of this trip was all of us together having a great time!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Acworth, GA.
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed at this location over the Christmas holidays while visiting friends. We have stayed at other Residence Inns and have become accustomed to the great accomodations and this hotel was no exception. This hotel allows pets, but the hotel grounds were kept clean and there was no loud barking or even any evidence that any pets were there at all. If you are planning to visit Busch Gardens it is about 5 miles away.

Our 1 bedroom suite was adaquate and spacious with a closed door bedroom with a queen bed. The living room couch also had a hideaway bed. The free internet was also nice, but the WiFi was obviously throttled to conserve bandwidth. Not so fast, but it did work. The kitchen had all new appliances and granite counter tops. It was fully furnished with plates, silverware and cooking utensils.

The bathroom was modern, clean and in good shape, but it was a little cramped. The bathroom door barely cleared the toilet by 1/2" when closing. The vanity area was also modern and had granite counters. Everthing was very clean and in good repair. No bugs or other critters running around.

The breakfast was outstanding and contained a full breakfast with eggs, hash browns, ham, sausage and belgian waffles. The staff was very friendly and wished us a Merry Christmas on Christmas morning. The house keeping staff also did a fine job. The housekeeping was limited to only fresh towels on Christmas Day, but I think that it's important for employees to be able to spend Christmas Day with thier families.

Our only compliant was that the ice maker in our room did not work and kept making a noise while trying to dump ice into the tray. The ice maker was not repaired even after several complaints to the duty manager, Jerry Charles. We finally gave up and turned it off. This was very important to us because my wife uses IV mediations that must be kept cold. There is no ice maker on any floor that we could use for ice while we were out of the room and we were forced to ask the front desk to get some ice from the kitchen. We did this every day for 5 days and reported the icemaker each and every time. We finally spoke to the maintance man who checked the log for us. Imagine our surprise when we found that there was no repair order.

The management staff was kind enough to issue us a credit on our bill during checkout because of the icemaker. I can understand that people are on vacation during the holidays but this could have been handled better. No one expressed any real concern about this until after I became irrate and we were never offered another room.

Don't write off this hotel simply because of this one review. This hotel was perfect in every way except for this one incident.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator are closer to the laundry room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karl1010
Lockport, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Have been staying here for the past 3 weeks. The staff is friendly and responsive, rooms are very nice and the breakfast and evening socials are super! Could use a few more washers and dryers though as there are a lot of extended stay guests.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2011

As a frequent visitor to the RI for business, me and my colleagues often arrive late at night. Thank you Lee for having our keys ready and getting us off to our rooms as quickly as possible.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Starke, Florida
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed here one night by using Priceline Negotiator. I was a little skeptical because of some of the previous reviews but this place exceeded our expectations! It has recently been renovated so everything is decorated very tastefully. The staff were all very friendly. Breakfast was really good! The only downside was the bed was not as comfortable as we had hoped but we only stayed one night so it didn't matter.

• Stayed December 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel for business and it does not have wireless connectivity in all rooms. Additionally, depending on your room, you may not have access when hardwired to the network. At this time rooms 301, 306, 307 do not have network access. I was told that this facility was struck by lightning a few weeks back and is waiting on repairs. So if internet access if needed, please check it when your arrive in your room. Will save you the trouble of packing up and moving. BTW thank you Marcus for helping me out with this!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Robert N, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear Lois T:

Thanks for your comments. I apologize for the internet issues you experienced. Unfortunately these issues are quite complex and so the repairs are taking longer than originally expected. I assure you that we are making every effort to get these issues repaired as soon as possible. We are also communicating this to our guest prior to check in. Thanks also for recognizing Marcus--I will be sure to share your comments with him as he takes pride in his great customer service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Robert Newton
813 972 4400
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Tampa, and chose this hotel because it is dog-friendly, and because of its proximity to Lettuce Park. It was great to be able to take our dog for long walks in the beautiful park, and I also spent many hours enjoying the pool. The room was recently remodeled; however, it was dirty. When we walked in, there was a huge stain in the living room and a very unusual (and unpleasant) smell. The room was dusty, and we found random pieces of dry cereal on the carpet which also demonstrated that the room was not thoroughly cleaned. The shower had mold in the grout which is a personal pet peeve of mine. This was also the first hotel that I've ever been in where there was a toilet-bowl ring. We are frequent Marriott guests, and have come accustomed to the high standards that Marriott requires so we are probably hard on hotel evaluations; however, this hotel had some serious cleanliness issues. Also, the staff was not friendly (they just seemed generally unhappy & unhelpful) which is also unusual for a Marriott. Despite these issues, I would stay here again just to be able to spend hours in wandering around the park.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank surfinginflorida
Thanks for your review, we work hard to ensure our guests are satisfied and one of the main ways we do that is through the feedback we receive. I sincerely apologize for your experience and I can assure you that it is not typical of our hotel. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we are taking steps to ensure this does not happen again. I am glad you like our location and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please contact me directly if I can be of an assistance.

Robert Newton
813 972 4400
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!