“Great Night's Stay” 4 of 5 stars

TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #77 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
“Great Night's Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Booked this hotel while planning an overnight to Tampa to see Bruce Springsteen at MidFlorida Amphitheatre on May 1, 2014.
Great Deal, booked a package which included a $25 gas card, so paid about $100 for the room.
It was clean, nicely appointed. Had a kitchenette which we didn't need since we were only staying one night, but I could see staying here for several days if visiting the area on vacation , business or the USF medical facilities.
I think our only complaints would be that upon entering our building, there was the lingering smell of food cooking, but being the nature of the facility catering to business travelers and families staying more than one day, it was understandable. The second item was that the bathtub was very slippery, no mat or textured surface. Being someone with back issues, I am always afraid of slipping in the tub or shower. We mentioned this at the desk at check-out and were informed that there are shower mats for rent/purchase but personally I would not have thought to inquire about this.
Breakfast was adequate and typical of the continental breakfast offered at many hotels. Waffle maker, toast, bagels, oatmeal etc...
Rooms were quiet and comfortable.
I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We just finished a stay at this hotel. We were there for 5 nights along with our small dog. This was an excellent place to stay. It was clean, quiet, and convenient to many restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The staff was really great also. Very professional, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful....I just can't say enough. Don't hesitate to pick this place if you need a small suite with kitchen. Great value!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor...it will be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Gulf Breeze, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Although this hotel is not "on the main track" it was really a good location and quick to get from place to place. The rooms were very nice and the bedding in the bedrooms was exceptional. The sofa sleeper, not so much. My boyfriend is raving about the bedding so much he says he can't sleep at home now that he has known such comfort!

I did not have breakfast but the breakfast area was very nice and those in my party who did were very happy with it. The staff was nice and helpful and made for a very nice short vacation. Kitchen was nice as well.

Room Tip: The two room suites are wonderful but they have only one bathroom. Make sure your party is aware of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This extended stay hotel opened their new breakfast area last week. They now have "make your own" waffles, fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, a variety of breakfast cereals.

This hotel has recently been renovated and us e trembly well maintained and the staff is friendly and efficient.

We are staying here while my son is undergoing treatment for multiple myeloma at Moffitt Cancer Center. The rooms are spacious and quiet.

Would definitely recommend this facility.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GladtoGoRose
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

In area for event at Fairgrounds but wanted to avoid Tampa traffic so gave this hotel a try. Check-in by Justin was fast and friendly. My studio suite was very clean and didn't show signs of age. Bed was comfortable and kitchen well-equipped for one person but would need more utensils for longer stay. Only problem was I could hear couple in next room having conversations, and they were speaking in normal tones. Set my A/C fan "On" to mask the voices. I'm sure staff would have moved me if I had asked but too much trouble. Will stay here again. Best feature for me was the kitchen and the location a quick and easy drive up I-75 from the Fairgrounds.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor to avoid car door sounds.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was in Tampa for one night and wanted a hotel close to USF and Interstate 75. I got a great deal at this surprisingly nice, clean and quiet hotel. I found this hotel had the Marriott quality I expect. It was spacious, had a ill kitchen and is now on my list of go to hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Bloomingdale, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a very comfortable and clean hotel. Breakfast is included, but it really isn't much. There's a counter in the lobby upon which they put some bananas, and cold cereal, etc. But this isn't a complaint because you don't stay in a hotel for the food. The beds are comfortable, the place is clean and the staff is very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
#1 of 4 in Temple Terrace
4.0 of 5 stars 665 reviews
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf

Been to TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!