“Good Family Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Halifax
“Good Family Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here at this hotel in April of 2012 in a 2 bedroom suite. The kitchen was a little cramped and dated but it was fully functional and met all our needs. The grab-and-go breakfast was cereal, juice and coffee which was fine. We were easily able to bring this back to our room each morning.

The hotel in a business park in a relatively quiet area. It is an easy drive to restaurants and groceries. We picked up dinner each night for takeout from different nearby locations.

We were going to the Tampa Zoo and Busch Gardens which were close and Clearwater Beach was an hour+ drive a way.

The room was very comfortable.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom suites on the corners were good value.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The past three months has brought me to Moffitt Cancer Center four times. While a variety of stays at other hotels have been ok this is the first one where I felt that I found a home away from home. The location is convenient and the area quiet. Service was quick and responsive. The rooms have a small kitchen with all that is necessary to prepare a meal. Most important to me is the comfort of the bedding that they provide. All of this is at a discounted price for those using Moffitt. My thanks to the staff and management.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank John B
NE Georgia Mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The location is great, close to attractions and I-75. We stayed in an efficiency with a separate kitchen, a huge workdesk, lots of closet and storage space and a nice seating area with large flat screen TV. We found the space and room amentities a nice break from a hotel room. The daily Pickup Breakfast made it easy to just take to our room for those of us with different rise and shine times. However, the bed was very uncomfortable and the towels were a bit threadbare. We would probably stay here again, but hope the issues are addressed before we come back.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the business park which had lakes and walking trails in a wooded setting...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed here for one night after visiting family in Tampa and prior to a trip to Busch Gardens. The room was okay and fairly clean for the price we paid ($79.00). The room was small and the sofa bed my teenage daughter had to sleep on was terribly uncomfortable. You could feel the springs through the paper thin mattress. The regular bed was very small for my husband and I - it seemed like it was a full size rather than a queen.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Needed a hotel with kitchen(ette), close to Shriners & at a good rate -- found that here at the TownePlace.

It's obviously an older hotel that's been re-done -- some of the kitchen appliances could be replaced. But, overall, this did the trick.

Staff was friendly, complimentary breakfast items were enough to get us going (don't expect a full buffet).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Greenville, S.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I paid $69 a night to stay in a second floor room at the TownePlace Suites for three nights. The room was clean and staff was courteous. The only complaint I have is that I could hear every footstep as the people moved around in the room above me. Thankfully, they quit each night by 10:30. But it was disconcerting to be at their mercy.

The room had a small kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave and sink. Cabinets were stocked with a few plates, and the drawers had some silverware. The room also had a small living room area with a couch, chair and flat screen TV that got all the standard local and basic cable channels and HBO.

I never used the pool, but it was packed with kids every time I walked by. The hotel had a cramped exercise room with a Life Fitness treadmill that has seen better days. The exercise bike was so worn it was almost useless. The elliptical machine was not top of the line but usable. The free weights and bench were stuffed into a corner with barely enough room to use them.

The hotel is in area with several offices and other hotels about a mile off I-75 and about 15 minutes from I-275. Starbucks is across the street. Walmart and Target are about five miles away. Several chain restaurants are minutes away. (Bypass the restaurants on Fletcher and head to Fowler for dinner.) Sidewalks extend for several blocks in multiple directions.

I would stay at TownPlace Suites again but only if I could get a room on the third floor.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank UpstateBadger
FT Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Hotel lobby has coffee all day long, free of charge as well as an assortment of hot tea.
Our room had a small kitchen with everything we needed(microwave, stove, refrigerator and utensils).
This hotel is located near I-75 and Busch Gardens is not far away.
The only downside for our stay was the fact that you can hear people talking in other rooms. The walls are very thin.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool and maybe on a higher floor because the walls are thin and you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 4 in Temple Terrace
4.0 of 5 stars 683 reviews
Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf

Been to TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!