“Ok hotel with terribly uncomfortable sofa bed”

TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ranked #78 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Ok hotel with terribly uncomfortable sofa bed”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed here for one night after visiting family in Tampa and prior to a trip to Busch Gardens. The room was okay and fairly clean for the price we paid ($79.00). The room was small and the sofa bed my teenage daughter had to sleep on was terribly uncomfortable. You could feel the springs through the paper thin mattress. The regular bed was very small for my husband and I - it seemed like it was a full size rather than a queen.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Needed a hotel with kitchen(ette), close to Shriners & at a good rate -- found that here at the TownePlace.

It's obviously an older hotel that's been re-done -- some of the kitchen appliances could be replaced. But, overall, this did the trick.

Staff was friendly, complimentary breakfast items were enough to get us going (don't expect a full buffet).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Greenville, S.C.
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I paid $69 a night to stay in a second floor room at the TownePlace Suites for three nights. The room was clean and staff was courteous. The only complaint I have is that I could hear every footstep as the people moved around in the room above me. Thankfully, they quit each night by 10:30. But it was disconcerting to be at their mercy.

The room had a small kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave and sink. Cabinets were stocked with a few plates, and the drawers had some silverware. The room also had a small living room area with a couch, chair and flat screen TV that got all the standard local and basic cable channels and HBO.

I never used the pool, but it was packed with kids every time I walked by. The hotel had a cramped exercise room with a Life Fitness treadmill that has seen better days. The exercise bike was so worn it was almost useless. The elliptical machine was not top of the line but usable. The free weights and bench were stuffed into a corner with barely enough room to use them.

The hotel is in area with several offices and other hotels about a mile off I-75 and about 15 minutes from I-275. Starbucks is across the street. Walmart and Target are about five miles away. Several chain restaurants are minutes away. (Bypass the restaurants on Fletcher and head to Fowler for dinner.) Sidewalks extend for several blocks in multiple directions.

I would stay at TownPlace Suites again but only if I could get a room on the third floor.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank UpstateBadger
FT Lauderdale
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Hotel lobby has coffee all day long, free of charge as well as an assortment of hot tea.
Our room had a small kitchen with everything we needed(microwave, stove, refrigerator and utensils).
This hotel is located near I-75 and Busch Gardens is not far away.
The only downside for our stay was the fact that you can hear people talking in other rooms. The walls are very thin.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool and maybe on a higher floor because the walls are thin and you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
orlando
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Istayedhere for two nights with my two boys & wife.We enjoyed staying here.The breakfast was good,the front desk was real frienly 24 hour coffee was good basically we did not have
any problem.My kids enjoyed 24 hours free internet service & pool.We will recommend this
hotel to any body coming here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wwm0007
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I made a reservation which was made on the wrong day (my mistake, put in the wrong date) and they charged my credit card the full amount and refused to work with me. They offered a pitiful discount on my next stay there, which is not happening. I am even a Marriott Rewards customer and they still wouldn't work with me. Don't make an honest mistake at Marriott, it will cost you big time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Petwriter
TownePlaceSuites001, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Dear Ms. Pet write:

Thank you for visiting our hotel and providing your feedback; we also apologize for the inconvenience.

We have already reimbursed your credit card for the entire amount and I will be contacting you soon.

Thank you for your business and for being a Marriott Member.

Sincerely yours,

Maria Simmons
Fredericton, Nb
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Arrived post-cruise to this location expecting them to tell me, rightfully so, that I was too early to check-in. I had hoped that they would let me leave luggage until later in the afternoon. Instead the front desk clerk tracked down both of our two bedroom suites and made them available to us immediately. Check-in was a breeze and very friendly. The suites were GREAT. They were immaculately clean, there was ice in the freezer and extra bedding ready for use on the sofa bed. There were lots of towels and extra pillows arrived just in time. The pool was pristine and the perfect temperature. A BBQ was available for use by the pool. Breakfast is grab and go but that was fine for us. The suites were very quiet. The water pressure in the shower was great. And the housekeeper was so good, she even washed out the baby's bottles for us!! Really truly, this is where we will stay anytime that we want to go to Busch Gardens in the future. Everything was perfect. The price was reasonable and the reservation was accurate. Really a true WOW experience. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SoLittletime2Travel
TownePlaceSuites001, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, March 20, 2011
Dear Fredericton:

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are very glad you had a perfect stay with us; we are happy to know you were pleased with all our staff , including maintenance, housekeeping and Front Desk.

It will be a pleasure to have you back.

Sincerely yours,

Maria Simmons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!