The Westin Tampa Waterside
$140
SailportSuites.com
$117
$109
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$229
$209
$85
$72
Hotels.com
1,776 results
All reviewsharbour islandmike napolifront deskconvention centerheavenly bedview of the waterself parkingybor cityamalie arenavaletjacksonsconferencelaurengasparillaassociatetrolleyaquarium
Reviewed February 11, 2007

This hotel is an embarrassment. They are doing major renovations but it doesn't make up for the fact that they are still open and charging $179.00 per night plus internet and parking fees. You could not sit in their lobby or in your room without being disturbed by some kind of loud noise. They draperies were in tatters, the lamp shades were torn and the carpets were gross (keep your flip flops on). They should shut this place down while doing the renovations or charge like a one start hotel. The staff and their workout facilities were top notch but could hardly make up for the uncomfortable condition of their hotel. Spend your money elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank msjohnston
Reviewed November 22, 2006

Not really that great of a hotel for a Westin. More of a Holiday Inn. Clean but in disrepair and showing alot of wear and tear.

• Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank ericl
Reviewed November 16, 2006

We were in town for a wedding and stayed here at the suggestion of the newlyweds. As we drove up to the main entrance there were well groomed, happy, uniformed employees ready to open doors and assist with luggage. Everytime you entered or exited this hotel there was someone there to open the door for you. The reservation desk is located up the escalator upon entry. There you will find the nicest hotel personnel. Our check in went flawlessly even though we arrived a bit early. Our room was large, clean and very well appointed with a very nice view of the bay. The bed was so comfortable we had a wonderful nights sleep for the both nights we were there. Our room which was a standard king, had two hair dryers, makeup mirror, coffee machine, mini bar and a wonderful double head shower. The closet was amply supplied with plenty of hangers and a full mirror on the interior of the door. The bathroom was large with plenty of shelf space for incidentals.
We ate breakfast in the restaurant on both mornings. The pancakes with macadamia nuts and bananas are to die for. They even had sugar free syrup. Coffee was starbucks brand and very delicious. The breakfast buffet is adequate with the usual fair of eggs any style, pancakes, french toast, potato's, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, breads, rolls, fruit etc. Something for everyones taste.
We spent a little time at the bar area where snacks and light meals are also available. Very enjoyable.
Service at the hotel is top notch and the people who work there all seem content at their jobs which is passed on to the guests.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ginnee
Reviewed July 23, 2006

My 6 year old son and I stayed here for a mini vacation at the end of July. We stayed 2 nights and honestly, I was a bit concerned about a lot of things after reading earlier reviews on this site.
We arrived on a Monday afternoon at about 2pm and our check in was friendly and very fast. Our room was on the 7th floor with a super view of the water, and was clean, bright, and very comfortable with all the new 'Heavenly Bedding'.

My only complaint would be the hotel transportation-
They have a van(s) that offers complimentary airport transfers, however when I called to inquire about a transfer from the Amtrak Station to the hotel(less then 2 miles away) I was told no. And one night my son and I were leaving to walk over the bridge to dinner and it was just starting to pour rain with a late afternoon summer shower-so we stood by the front door waiting for the rain to let up. The bellman asked where we were going and offered me a hotel umbrella to borrow-That was nice, however a van and 3 bellman were sitting right outside-why not offer us a quick 2 minute ride across the bridge to the Trolly/Streetcar Station?

I cannot comment on the restaurants at the hotel as we did not eat there during our stay, but the pool area(although a bit small), fitness center and other common areas were very nice.
The hotel is convenient to the Tampa Convention Center, the St. Pete Times Forum, and even the Florida Aquarium and Channelside areas are walkable, but I highly recommend the StreetCar, just over the bridge from the hotel. The front desk staff have maps and area information and were very helpful to me.

The conceirge was not on duty during my stay as I suspect it was a slower time.

I am a Corporate Travel Agent(no the hotel did not know this), so I gave the hotel a pretty tough evaluation.
I thought the hotel was super and I'd recommend it to even my toughest client.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank travelagt1
Reviewed June 23, 2006

All in all a nice stay. I was a Starwood Preferred Guest on the 11th floor. As a writer working with deadlines I need a peaceful sanctuary at any hour of the day. However, the hardware on the doors is designed such that no matter how softly you try and close the door it makes a resounding "thung" noise as it latches. So when the early risers or late arrivals use them your sleep is disturbed. Fortunately I brought soft ear plugs.

Additionally on Friday night the local Jackson Bistro turns part of their bimini bar and inside bar into a club with live music. While you dont' necessarily hear the band, at closing time when the drunks are back in their cars you will hear some horns being blared occasionally.

This place is convenient if you are in town for a conference at the conferene center nearby. Otherwise local sites and amenities are a long walk or a perilous drive through a labyrinth of one way streets.

Stayed: June 2006