“It was okay”

Ranked #57 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida, USA
“It was okay”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The view was the best thing about this hotel. I had a beautiful bay view. Oterhwise, to me, this was just a regular hotel with a dressed up name. The rooms were nothing special and the hotel needs a little bit of work done to make it more presentable. Overall, the staff was nice and I had no complaints at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, USSVoyager8!
We apologize and would be happy to speak with you about your experience and learn what we could have done to make it better for you. We hope you and your family come back to visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were in Tampa under unfortunate circumstances (my father was being treated for cancer) and actually booked a last minute trip. Once we arrived, we had to find a hotel that would accommodate our family. When we arrived at the Westin, Mitch at the front desk was incredible! I was emotional due to seeing my father under those conditions. He went above and beyond to make the unpleasant trip as pleasant as possible. He was very understanding and accommodating and we really want to make sure that his customer service was recognized.
As far as the hotel goes, it's what we always expect of a Westin; clean, beautiful and comfortable (not to mention that wonderful smell as you walk in and out of the lobby ;).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnaMilenaHR
We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations, AnaMilenaHR, and that Mitch was able to assist you during your stay with us!
Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a girl's night out. The location is wonderful. The staff top-notch. The hotel itself needs some help. The carpets were filthy & stained in the common areas. The overall look of the place cried for a face-lift & has had that need for 10 years.

The room we were assigned smelled so bad (sewer gas?) that it was impossible to ignore. The front desk quickly moved us to another room with no questions asked. The rooms themselves were fine. Nothing too bad or too great to talk about.

Just an FYI: if you self park, it is $17 a day. A bit extreme, in my opinion. I've paid less at hotels in NYC, Chicago & Boston. Valet is $20 a day.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, JustATravelingGal We would love to hear more feedback from you and learn what we could have done to make your experience better! At your convennience, please contact us, we would love to speak with you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here two nights for a work conference. The room was extremely comfortable and clean. The rest of the experience was lacking. Only one of two restaurants was open with a very limited selection and very overpriced. There was a charge for WIFI in any but the main areas. Pool was small and hard to locate...no map at check in..no signs...and unusual location..requires its own elevator from the third floor. Pool bar closes early. Gym was very small. Overall I would stay here again only if I needed to do something in this particular hotel. Take a walk around the surrounding areas which are beautiful...in a marina area and check out "That's Amore" restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, Angela M! We would love to hear more feedback from you and learn what we could have done to make your experience better! At your convennience, please contact us, we would love to speak with you!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I visited this hotel for 1 night for a wedding. The wedding was gorgeous and a ton of fun! The wedding coordinator was very nice and accommodating. I can honestly say it was the most enjoyable wedding I've ever attended! Big kudos to the coordinator that worked with Sami and Forrest :)
As for the room, I checked in early and was given a third floor room because it was the only thing available. I wasn't there for the view so I didn't mind but I can say that the view was horrendous. So if you care about that, ask for a higher room. Mitch who checked me in was very professional and offered for me to wait for a higher floor but the groomsmen were using one of my rooms to get ready in so I needed the early check in.
The reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is because my room did not have a coffee maker in the room at all. I called service express and they said they'd send one immediately. An hour or so later, I asked the front desk about it and still nothing. A few hours later, I called again and finally someone delivered it. They simply handed it to me. I was unable to plug it in behind the heavy cabinet so ended up having to plug it in on the bedside table. I also did not have a robe in the room but got that when I ask.
Overall, it was a good stay but there were some obvious oversights.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wanderlustjourney
Thank you for staying with us, wanderlustjourney ! Glad that you enjoyed the wedding. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Orlando, FL
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here while in Tampa celebrating my birthday. He had stayed here a couple of years ago for a concert but this was my first experience staying at a Westin. I was extremely impressed with the staff and they are without a doubt the reason our stay was so special.

Monet did more than check us in, she made a personal connection with us. She is a huge asset to the company as genuine people are hard to find. After we got back from dinner later that evening, there was a bottle of wine, fresh berries and a Bday card in our room from Angela and the front desk staff. Very unexpected and very much appreciated! That sealed the deal with my boyfriend who said we won't stay anywhere else when visiting Tampa again.

Our room was also nice with a great water view. I usually don't care for the typical hotel robes due to the uncomfortable "waffle weave" but the robe in our room was a really soft, comfy material. They actually have a catalog in the room so you can buy most of the items that you use during your stay. Am going to keep this in mind so I can get the robe in the future!

Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaraMiaRN
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday getaway, CaraMiaRN! We look forward to sharing more memorable experiences with you in the future!
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Friends put us up for a night, and from the expansive lobby upstairs to the pleasant pool area, it is a welcoming hotel indeed.
The room was 4 star quality with a great view of the Convention center. The beds were super comfy; exactly what you would expect.
Reminders every where requesting the guests to respect other's privacy ("please be quiet").
Very lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ckstoner
We appreciate your feedback, Ckstoner ! We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation and was able to have a renewed stay with us!