“Wonderful resort setting..”

The Westin Tampa Waterside
Ranked #62 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Friends put us up for a night, and from the expansive lobby upstairs to the pleasant pool area, it is a welcoming hotel indeed.
The room was 4 star quality with a great view of the Convention center. The beds were super comfy; exactly what you would expect.
Reminders every where requesting the guests to respect other's privacy ("please be quiet").
Very lovely stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ckstoner
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

We appreciate your feedback, Ckstoner ! We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation and was able to have a renewed stay with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Like other Westin Hotels that I have used, the Tampa Harbor Island facility was a great experience.

The staff was excellent, knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. The restaurant provided very tasty food at very reasonable costs. it was nice to be served Starbucks.

My room was comfortable, clean, and the internet service (at no extra cost, I might add) was excellent. I think it is a great hotel and will stay there on my next visit to Tampa.

1  Thank Bennie K

We appreciate your feedback, Bennie K ! We are thriled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation and was able to have a renewed stay with us!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my second long stay on a business trip at the hotel and this is my second great experience. The Front Desk, The breakfast servers and hosts, the valet team, maid service, all were, again, of the highest quality. Of course my room and view were wonderful and any problems I might have had were instantly solved. I want to thank, in particular, Angela, at the Front Desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island SolomanBlue!
It is great that you felt well taken care of by all of our staff! It is amazing that Angela made your stay even better!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was a great hotel and staff. The people were so helpful and friendly in the hotel. The restaurant's view was so great, and service was excellent. Especially, Murat, Suna, and Nilufer showed their hospitality in the best way possible. I went for a meeting at this Hotel and I was also a guest. I was very pleased with the hotel overall, l will come back to this Hotel. This Hotel is also very close to the airport so you can get there quickly using transportation.

Room Tip: The South Side of the building had a very nice view of Tampa Bay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hatice1234!
Our staff takes pride in proving the excellent hospitality as you described were provided by Murat, Suna, and Nilufer! We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here the night before we boarded the boat. We found the staff very helpful. The food in the bar was excellant as was the breakfast buffet. The room was clean and bed was great. Our room overlooked the harbour. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the harbor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Lois M!
During your brief stay in Tampa before your cruise, it was truly our please to have helped start your vacation on such a high note!
We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a terrible hotel that is very unconcerned with the needs if their guests. As a conference vendor as well as hotel guest, the room in which we had to set up book sales tables was so dark we could not read the titles to organize the books. After several requests for the lights to be turned on I finally had to ask whether they would rather turn on the lights or risk a lawsuit when someone fell and broke their neck. The next day they blasted the air conditioner directly over the vendor tables despite repeated requests by the conference organizer to stop - our conference attendees were the only ones who would be affected by the room temperature and it was frigid. Finally, my boyfriend, who had registered us, could not remember our room number. Despite having the key, despite having his ID and the credit card with which the room was paid, I could not find out the number of our room. I have traveled
extensively across this country and through South America, Europe and Africa. I have never encountered a hotel that had so little regard for its guests. I will never stay here again and am unlikely to choose a Westin hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013

Greetings Ferretarchaeologist,
On behalf of the Westin Staff, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you endured. Your experience is being shared with our staff in order to improve upon the services we provide. For ours guests safety we do ask for proper identification of the person entering the room along with the guest registered to the room. Our guests safety is our top priority and we take it very seriously.
My sincerest apologies again,

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I thought this was a very nice stay and experience. The LL and L appear to be updated and has nice spots to sit and discuss business. I was on the 11th floor with a room that overlooks the water towards conv center. The room was very nice and the bed was great. The rooms are not what I would call top end but the price is not top end either. The hallways could use a refresh and I was unable to open my window (had directions) but was stuck. Everyone was very friendly. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stlscuba

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Stlscuba!
Being on Harbour Island allows for an easy walk to the convention center as well as spectacular views of the Garrison Channel. It is great that you found our staff to be very friendly.
We look forward to having you as our guest again!