“Great location near the Port of Tampa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Westin Tampa Harbour Island
Ranked #45 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Great location near the Port of Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here the night before we boarded the boat. We found the staff very helpful. The food in the bar was excellant as was the breakfast buffet. The room was clean and bed was great. Our room overlooked the harbour. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the harbor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Lois M!
During your brief stay in Tampa before your cruise, it was truly our please to have helped start your vacation on such a high note!
We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a terrible hotel that is very unconcerned with the needs if their guests. As a conference vendor as well as hotel guest, the room in which we had to set up book sales tables was so dark we could not read the titles to organize the books. After several requests for the lights to be turned on I finally had to ask whether they would rather turn on the lights or risk a lawsuit when someone fell and broke their neck. The next day they blasted the air conditioner directly over the vendor tables despite repeated requests by the conference organizer to stop - our conference attendees were the only ones who would be affected by the room temperature and it was frigid. Finally, my boyfriend, who had registered us, could not remember our room number. Despite having the key, despite having his ID and the credit card with which the room was paid, I could not find out the number of our room. I have traveled
extensively across this country and through South America, Europe and Africa. I have never encountered a hotel that had so little regard for its guests. I will never stay here again and am unlikely to choose a Westin hotel again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Greetings Ferretarchaeologist,
On behalf of the Westin Staff, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you endured. Your experience is being shared with our staff in order to improve upon the services we provide. For ours guests safety we do ask for proper identification of the person entering the room along with the guest registered to the room. Our guests safety is our top priority and we take it very seriously.
My sincerest apologies again,
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I thought this was a very nice stay and experience. The LL and L appear to be updated and has nice spots to sit and discuss business. I was on the 11th floor with a room that overlooks the water towards conv center. The room was very nice and the bed was great. The rooms are not what I would call top end but the price is not top end either. The hallways could use a refresh and I was unable to open my window (had directions) but was stuck. Everyone was very friendly. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stlscuba
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Stlscuba!
Being on Harbour Island allows for an easy walk to the convention center as well as spectacular views of the Garrison Channel. It is great that you found our staff to be very friendly.
We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I dont know if people who gave this place 4 or 5 stars have ever stayed at another westin but this place is a dump. Very outdated. Dirty carpets in rooms and lobby, room was not ready on check in even after 3pm, housekeeping left dirty rags in the room and were very rude. The views are nice, front staff friendly but nothing spectacular. I walked over to marriot and embassy and much much nicer. Ive stayed at lower tier starwood properties which were better than this place.

I hope starwood corporate sends someone here to investigate thier quality standards. Im very dissapointed as a long time starwood fan.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EnjoyingLife210
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island EnjoyingLife210
We apologize and would be happy to speak with you about the incident with your vehicle at your earliest convenience.
We hope you and your family come back to visit us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed here for brief business trips and found the location excellent for downtown meetings . The hotel feels secluded but is only a 5 minute walk to downtown. The decor is quite dated, it seems like it was at its prime in the mid 90s. Rooms were clean with good showers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Mark Z
Our staff is pleased to hear that we were able to exceed all of your expectations!
Winter Garden, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during a getaway to Bush Gardens. Upon arrival at the hotel the valet guys were great and very helpful, even helped us with our bags to the front desk. The lady at front desk was spectacular! My boyfriend asked for a room with a view so she upgraded us to a club room that overlooked the bay. Our room was great. The bed was literally to comfortable. My boyfriend slept like a baby but I like a firmer bed. That night the same excellent lady at front desk recommended us to an excellent Italian restaurant downtown and the valet guy gave us great directions.My only complaint would be that wifi isn't free. At other Westin's I've stayed at the wifi is complimentary but at this Westin there is a significant fee. Unfortunately the next day it was raining, but at check out the front desk guy gave us some excellent suggestions on what we could do and we ended up going to the Aquarium. I would for sure stay here again though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 8th floor and up with a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Christina C
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed here for a week in July for a business trip. The front desk staff during the day is excellent and take great lengths to take care of your needs. I stayed in an really nice room big enough to accomodate extra family members who visited during my trip.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business