“Very Good Service”

Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Very Good Service”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the Westin, due to location. I was to have surgery at Tampa General Hospital and wanted to be close. The location was great for all the things you could want to do downtown and I had a great view of the skyline to the west side including the convention center and Tampa General to the east! The room itself was a little weathered and 2 of the lamps were broken. The hotel charges $20 a day for wifi and $17 a day for self parking! They graciously waived the parking fee upon asking, giving me a free pass when leaving the garage. Also they have a complementary shuttle, which was down when I a needed a ride to the hospital and they paid for the cab ride back and forth, without having to ask. Also the room service was very good and the food delicious. I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pchiffon00
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, pchiffon00 and sure hope you had a speedy recovery. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again when you have some time for R & R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently organized a retreat for six friends. We're all in our mid-20s, early 30's. We wanted a place close to the action, but just far enough away that we can relax in style... The Westin gave us all of that. I've never stayed at a Westin, so I have to say it was an experience. The hotel is beautiful, clean, soft, natural colors. It's location, just across the bridge from the compact, busy Channelside. A more upscale residential location, clean, elegant, and we felt confident walking around in the later hours. The views of the bay and sunsets are fantastic! I loved waking up to this sun giving the bay, boats, and homes a warm orange glow in the morning while I was cuddled up in my fresh, clean, fluffy bed spread. I can't properly express its beauty- you can step outside and walk along the water; I wish I had, had time to kayak. I can express it this way; I'm nearly 30 and I haven't thought much about my wedding day, I'm not even engaged. But touring the Westin, it's beauty, how accommodating the team was, the beauty of the surrounding area... Right now, it's the place I would love to reserve for my wedding. I greatly benefited from being a AAA member and signing up for their preferred member rewards program. I was upgraded to the top floor. The only cons I have are 1. You have to pay for daily parking, but its great how the hotel sometimes cuts you a deal 2. I really hope they expand or renovate their pool area. A beautiful facility, and the pool just does not fit the grandeur of the hotel, it looks like it fits maybe 15 people...
Their shuttle service was fantastic. I encourage you to use the shuttle service to transport you to Ybor or Channelside. Another little hidden gem that makes the hotel fantastic is the little break stop and grab cafe downstairs managed by the Cuban gentlemen. Such a delicious breakfast sandwich and cafe con leche. Affordable, quick and delicious if you want to save on $$.
The hotel rooms were very affordable and my group enjoyed staying -rooms 1229 and 1231.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bewitched22
Thank you for your review, Bewitched22! As you may have read, we have been going through some cosmetic changes to enhance the guest experience. Some of these changes include resurfacing of the pool area as well. We hope that you continue to stay with us during your visits to the downtown district.
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband had to travel to Tampa on business last week so we decided to make it a dual purpose trip (business and pleasure) and stay a couple of extra days as well. We looked into a few hotels in the area and the Westin was the only one we found that allowed pets (we have two miniature dachshunds). From the moment we arrived the hotel staff was absolutely fabulous! Claudio not only made sure that our dogs were welcomed, but made sure they had their own pet bed to boot! He gave our 10 year-old son a coupon for a free movie and told him to let him know when he got ready to watch one and he would make sure he had popcorn too! They set up a rollaway bed in our room for our son, were always propt whenever we called for new towels, soap, etc, the valets were always courteous and kind and held the doors open whenever I went outside to walk our dogs (which they loved), the pool area was beautiful and relaxing....I could go on and on. I have stayed at countless hotels over the years from Florida to NYC and by FAR this is the BEST hotel experience I have EVER had! I just can't say enough good things about our stay! This hotel is within walking distance to the Tampa Convention Center and right across the bay from Tampa General Hospital. If you are travelling to Tampa this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SouthernComfortable
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island SouthernComfortable!
It is warming to hear that you four your experience at Westin was the best stay at a hotek that you ever had! Claudio is an outstanding associate and it was truly his pleasure to provide you, your son and your dachshunds with such a wonderful time!
We hope that if you are ever in the area again that you come back and stay with us here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!
LaGrangeville, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had to have out-patient surgery at Tampa General Hospital and chose this hotel since it was close to the hospital. I was very pleased with the atmosphere and dining experiences. Their staff were all so friendly and helpful! Our stay was so comfortable due to their exceptional customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anna G
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Anna G!

We hope that you and your family are doing well! It is wonderful to hear that you felt your stay was amazing!

Warmest Wishes form all of here at the Westin!
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The westin has one of the best staff out of all the hotels I've stayed at before! They are so polite, caring and friendly. Having a friendly staff makes my stay more enjoyable! Jason Shaheen was very helpful & made sure our stay was nothing but the best! I can't recommend this hotel enough! The hotel is so relaxing and I can't wait to come back and see all the new renovations they are doing to the hotel. The rooms are super clean and relaxing!! Made my weekend gateway very relaxing! Highly recommend this hotel & any of the Westin hotels!

1 Thank Lexilou92
Thank you for your feedback, Lexilou92 It is great to see that Jason was able to help you enjoy your stay and create memories at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went here for our one year anniversary the hotel exceeds our expectations!! The hotel staff was excellent, two people that stood out with excellent customer service was Wynelle & Jason. The hotel staff was on top of things and very polite, whenever I called down whether it be house keeping or valet we never had to wait. The beds are awesome and always guaranteed to get a restful night of sleep.

1 Thank Alljackedup408
Greetings from Westin Tampa Harbour Island, Alljackedup408! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and recognizing the team members that continue to go above and beyond for our guets! We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Right when you arrive its curbside. Service at its finest. The hotel was so nice, the staff was so generous, the beds were out if this world comfy and the air was super cold! The view was amazingly beautiful! Room service was THE BEST FOOD EVER.... By far best I've ever stayed at.+++++

1 Thank Tgagnon
Tgagnon, we appreciate your feedback and Thank you for choosing Westin Tampa HArbour Island. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!