“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Venice, Florida
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Recently stayed here for the Red Bull Wakeboard Open. Great experience from the moment we arrived. All our requests were accommodated with no hesitation. Every single staff member from check in, to lounge, housekeeping, room service, valet, etc... really went above and beyond in their service. Rooms were very comfortable and the view was awesome. Definitely will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to enjoy the view of the harbor!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you Linda J for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm a frequent guest of The Westin Harbour Island for both business and leisure. I've continued to be overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness of the hotel's staff. One outstanding associate that is always helpful is Tito. He assiduously attends to my comfort and courteously fulfills my wishes. He's one of the reasons I keep coming back.

1 Thank 101Mint2015
Thank you Linda J for the wonderful comments!
Your kind words have been shared with our entire staff and especially your comments about Tito. It was truly a pleasure to have provided you with generosity and kindness that we had hoped to have provided!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spent 3 nights. Justin at front desk treated us like royalty and created a great atmosphere for us to celebrate our anniversary. Great location to enjoy downtown Tampa and surrounding areas. Comfortable bed and great shower. Suggestions: For the best views, book a suite on a high floor. If offered, opt for the parking package (otherwise you pay every time you leave the garage). If you have your own wifi, bring it (internet fees are steep). Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: High floor, facing south or west. Corner suite with panoramic views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa G
Thank you Lisa G for the wonderful comments!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was selected by a client of mine for me to stay at...the hotel staff from the moment that I arrived was very friendly and courteous...I checked into the hotel and the gentleman behind the desk was very helpful and he even waived the overnight parking which was a very pleasant surprise...I then dropped off my luggage and gave precise instructions to the bellman to make the room cold and get me a bucket of ice and then I left to go to meetings...when I returned in the late afternoon, my room was cold and there was a bucket of ice!...you would think that would be an easy request to fulfill, but most hotels don't get it right...the room was very nice, and the bed was more comfortable than expected...the next morning I had a quick breakfast and checked out...throughout the staff was outstanding, the room was beautiful and the service was excellent...I would recommend this hotel to any traveller that wants to stay in the downtown area...beautiful location as well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barney B
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harboour Island Barney B!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel just about every month and I absolutely love it. The staff remembers my name and they are always going over the top to make sure I am taken care of. I recently injured my foot and have to use crutches. Knowing this, and upon checkout, they prepared a bag of ice for me to use and also sent me on my way with cappuccino to go. The food at the restaurant is excellent and the service is as well. Sandra and German usually take care of my table and they are super friendly and attentive. Justin and Mitch usually check me in and they are fantastic as well. This is definitely the best place I have ever stayed in Tampa, FL and I will continue to do so.

1 Thank Adambcorey
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Greetings, Adambcorey ! Here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island we strive to excedd our guests expectations and are thrilled to see that our associates made just that during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 days. Easy access to downtown, next to convention center. Staff friendly. Place clean. Beds comfortable. Just watch out for small print--had 2 bottles of water in the room. I saw that the card attached said 'complimentary' but didn't see the other was marked for $3. So was charged. Front desk was pleasant & acknowleged that this does cause guests a problem & took it off the bill. So my stay was fine & I would stay again

• 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate your feedback, Caligirlwannabe. I am glad that our Guest Service Associates were able to assist you and to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. We do strive to exceed our guests expectations and are thrilled to see we did that for you.
Battle Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for a conference and we found it to be a well-run hotel. I really appreciated the free coffee, the water in the lobby, and the option to get a $5 credit instead of having the room cleaned one day. We ended up using that toward a dessert item, which was a nice touch. I spent some time in the pool and was amazed at how private it was and how nice the view was there. You did have to walk a distance to get to the pool, but I like the way it was set-up. I do wish that they would drop the charge for wireless internet in the room. It seems like such a simple amenity that so many people appreciate- but not for $10 a day. Sure, the lobby had it for free, but that is not the most convenient. Lastly, we appreciated getting a view of the water as an upgrade we didn't ask for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate your feedback, Derek M and are delighted to learn you were aboe to take advantage of our sustainability efforts by declining housekeeping for a day! We do offer several pricing for the internet service throughout your stay as well as complimentary internet in the lobby and pool area.We hope to see you again at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island.