The Westin Tampa Waterside
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,766 results
All reviewsharbour islandmike napolifront deskconvention centerheavenly bedview of the waterself parkingybor cityamalie arenavaletjacksonsconferencelaurengasparillaassociatetrolleyaquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is not what I expected from a Westin. Though the rooms were clean and with a nice view, the bed was not too "heavenly" as they advertised, it really was a little soft. The bathroom was adequate but really not too nice, and overall the property is a little run down, in need of "refreshing". The staff was courteous but not too proffessional in some ways. Address the guests as "honey" is not what I expect. The hotel is somewhat awkward, you have to go up an escalator to get to the front desk and lobby. The elevators were slow. Not a good value for the price, which is not low.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megustaviajar007
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Megustaviajar007,

The Westin Tampa Harbor Island would like to apologize for not demonstrating a typical relaxing and energizing environment during your most recent stay. The review is being shared with our entire executive committee in efforts to improve upon the services we provide. While your stay did not reflect a positive one, we would like to encourage you to call and speak with us directly.

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

From the moment we stepped out of the car at the Westin Harbour Island until we left two days later we were treated like VIP's. Jose Alvarado greeted us and unpacked our car to a cart. Someone else escorted me to my room and offered to get me ice. My husband was stressing me out as he was running late for a business dinner where we were to meet in the lobby of the hotel. There, we were offered a complimentry glass of wine, which was a nice touch after a five hour drive from Tallahassee with a stressed out man! The next day I returned to our room to charge my cell phone and the housekeeper showed up. I asked her how far we were from Ybor City, just making chit-chat. Her English wasn't very good, and my Spanish isn't what it should be. She stopped what she was doing and began to do something on her cell for a couple of minutes. Then she handed me her phone and I found that she had a GPS with our location and that of Ybor City. She took me to the window and pointed out that it wasn't very far at all. Thirty minutes later someone came to the door with a local map and took the time to point out where I wanted to go. The housekeeper had told him that I need directions. Now that's team work. At checkout Jose once again was there for me and loaded our suitcases into our car. Thirty minutes after we left I realized that I had left my husband's suit in the closet. I called the Westin and Winnelle told me that she would call me back when it was located, which she did promply. She then explained how I would go about having it picked up. She also told me that she would call me when it was picked up, which she did the next day. I was so impressed by the entire staff. They have been well trained in costumer service and cheerfully went above and beyond the call of duty. My husband and I will be looking for a Westin Hotel next time that we travel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Tina J!

Our staff here at the Westin takes pride in providing the kind of service as you have described. From the moment you walk through the door until you leave we hope that each of our guests feels inspired, refreshed and renewed. Your experience is warming. Our housekeeping team, Jose and Winnelle are happy to have provided you with such excellent service.

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This review is long overdue. I have been staying at the Harbour Island every week since July 23rd. Pretty much become a second home to me...this is my last week, so I figured it would be a good time to reflect on what is good and bad about this hotel. From my rating you would think this hotel is all peaches and cream, but I want to be as honest as possible about the hotel (and I am a Hotel Consultant, so I am critic at heart wherever I stay).

First I'll start with what needs work, because it isn't a long list. This hotel needs to FF&E throughout...new capeting, replacement of some fixtures, just a general facelift of the rooms. They are fine, don't get me wrong, but not the caliber room I see in other Westin's. There is always hot water, sometimes it is hard getting it cold...sorry if you take cold showers. Elevators take a long time, so if you are in a rush, plan on waiting a couple minutes for the elevator at rush hour (yes there is a rush hour in a hotel).

That sounded harsh, but really all just cosmetic stuff that doesn't make the experience any better or worse. What does make it better is the staff. I've never met a more friendly, engaging, and helpful group of people in a hotel. The hotel is managed by Interstate and if I were a hotel owner, the staff here is a great advertisement for why you should hire these guys to run your hotel. I travel the country appraising hotels for a living; needless to say I have met with a number of management teams/Front Desk staff. The Westin Harbour Island staff are at the top of my list in terms of teams I have met and talked to. What was so pleasant about my experience is that their behaviour towards me has never changed...from day one they did the little things that made being away from home on an extended trip more bearable. I really think it is the small things that make a difference, like a note welcoming me back or a just taking the time to ask me about my trip in on a first name basis. Now that I have reached platinum you get some nice perks, but the friendliness and personal touch that I received was there from the beginning. I am not sure how long this staff will stay together based on their ability and the inevitable growth I see their upcoming careers, but if you have the chance to stay at the hotel and come across the likes of Justin, Coy, Jessica, Ana, or Winnelle while at the front desk or in any other aspect of your stay, take a minute to talk to them and you will see what I am talking about. Anyways, this is getting long winded, but I am honestly impressed with the staff at the hotel and felt like it needed to be pointed out.

As for the hotel location, it is perfect if you are at the convention center (which I am not) but also great regardless of what part of town you working. I can easily get to a great restaurant scene off Howard, in Ybor, or just a short walk to Channelside. I definitely prefer this location to the other Westin in Tampa.

All in all, you may groan about a thing here and there at the Westin as it waits its inevitable facelift, but you will have a great experience. Signed and stamped by a traveler who knows hotels and travels a lot.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rriverav, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, TylerL! We appreciate you staying at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. We have recently updated our lobby escalators and are currently in the process of modernizing our elevators. As part of our commitment to excelent service, we are also working on some other updates for your future enjoyment. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future so you too can enjoy them.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel is in the midst of upgrading so don't expect a premium experience (although they continue to demand a premium price). I received a budget hotel experience. For example, the tables in the bar area (dining room was closed although the hours posted didn't indicate they were closed) were heat stained and cracked. I did not even get a paper place mat as part of the table setting which would have helped to make the dining experience a little better. Cramming eight exercise machines (two wedged sideways in front of the windows - no room to walk between or around machines) into one small room with little ventilation was another poor experience. Further, the towelettes for wiping down exercise equipment were bone dry and useless for cleaning the machines after use. How sanitary is it to exercise on machines that do not get cleaned after use? The elevators rumbled and clanked making me wonder if they were going to breakdown at any time. I had to walk through the parking garage to access the pool. I could go on but I think you get the gist. I feel cheated by my experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Marci E!

We are sorry for the inconveniences you may have experienced. We appreciate you contacting us directly as it gave us the opportunity to share your experience with my entire executive team in order to improve upon the services we provide.

Thank you for choosing the Westin and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

First I will say the rooms are fines, not special, just fine. However the elevators don't work very well, they are slow and noisy. In fact we heard them all night long even though our room was at least 5 doors away. We spent a lot of time waiting for these elevators. The pool area is bland and dirty, the pool very small, the furniture worn. They are working on the access to the pool but for the time you need to go through the garage with very little direction. There did not appear to be much staff working. There is an Alamo rental area on premise but beware because their hours are few, ridiculous. The best and most useful staff were the valets.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Jackblack102!

We are sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced. As you may have noticed, we are in the process of modernizing our guest elevators for your future enjoyment. As part of our commitment to excellent service, we are in the plans of updating our pool deck as well as the Westin Workout and public areas carpet.

Thank you for choosing the Westin on your business trip and we hope to see you again!