“Excellent in every way!”

The Westin Tampa Waterside
Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We have stayed here many times (approx 8 over the last 3 years) and each time look forward to our stay. This hotel is just wonderful, with gorgeous views of the bay and downtown Tampa, centrally located, and beautifully decorated, however it is the people that make this an excellent place to stay. Each time we stay here we are met with genuinely nice people, eager to help in any way, and who go out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. Specifically, we enjoy seeing Jose Alvarado, who usually greets us at the front door. Each time, he goes above and beyond in taking care of us, from sending up chocolate chip cookies to our 3 year old, to giving me water when I returned from a run (Thanks Jose!), and just having such a willingness to help. Also, thanks to Sandra in the Bistro restaurant, who was always so pleasant and even our toddler looked forward to seeing her. Undergoing some renovations now, but the staff make up for any inconvenience by taking excellent care of their guests. Highly recommend. Definitely looking forward to our next stay in February for the Gasparilla Run!

Room Tip: Corner suites have amazing views!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ultrachick
Rriverav, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Ultrachick!

We are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and have recognized Jose for your feedback. We sure look forward to seeing you again in February for the Gasparilla run~

Thank you for choosing the Westin.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Tampa Waterside

Reviewed October 20, 2012

After a long travel day of delays at the airport, I encountered an issue with my key-card reader minutes after checking-in. I contacted the front desk requesting assistance and within 5 minutes Benny had come to the rescue. He was very friendly and considerate and took ownership of the problem. Thanks for finding a quick resolution.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Takeusthere12
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Takeusthere12!

We are sorry for the issues you had with your key cards. Your experience is being shared with my entire executive team in order to improve upon the services we provide. It is truly great to know that Benny was able to come to the rescue and find you a quick resolution!

Thank you for choosing the Westin on your business trip and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked this hotel with my friends because it was near a venue for a concert that I was attending. The hotel was in the middle of renovations so it looked really dark and unappealing. I'm pretty sure that it will look great after renovations. The hotel is definitely a business hotel and not so much a hotel for families.

Our check in was awesome, very personable and the associate gave us a room with the most awesome view of the harbour. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious! I love the breakfast buffets that all Westin's have and this one did not dissapoint. The restaurant was very beautiful with stunning art work.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tia H

Thank you for stay with us Tia H!

Our location is set in the heart of downtown Tampa which is great for easy access to entertainment and dining. It is wonderful to know that we provided you excellent service and a wonderful breakfast to start your day. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we are going through a few modifications to our hotel.

We were glad to have had you and your friends visit us here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at your hotel during the Zoo conference with my daughter. We had excellent service and rooms. The location of the hotel was very convenient to the downtown area and the wonderful walking paths. What an asset to the town and hotel. Your staff was very friendly and willing to help in anyway that was needed. Jose, Jason and your housekeeping are a wonderful part of your staff. Thanks for a great experience!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 374Alice374
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

The Westin Tampa Harbour Island thanks you for your comments about your most recent stay 374Alice374!

It is a pleasure to hear that you and your daughter received such great service from Jose and Jason. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff!

The next time you are in Tampa we hope to see you here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Last week we were on a Cruise and forgot to book a hotel for our last 2 nights in the Tampa area. We had a recommendation from a friend to stay at the Westin, the location is perfect to great entertainment and fine dining and convenient to the downtown area. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, the valet staff, especially Kyle and Jose made sure that we were taken care of i.e. luggage, parking, directions, and where to eat. They were friendly, funny and had amazing customer satisfaction skills. The hotel was great and comfortable, great shower, beautiful view and wonderful amenities. I now know where to stay when I come into the Tampa area and highly recommend the Westin Tampa Harbor Island

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teresesmurf

Thank you for your wonderful comments teresesmurf about your stay with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

During your stay with us we are happy to know that we exceeded your expectations. Kyle and Jose are true assets to the Westin team.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Tampa!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I know my review comes several months after my stay, but I still want to put in my two cents on this hotel. My family booked this hotel because we wanted some place nice and close to the cruise terminal. After reading some of the reviews, we became a little worried. We had nothing but great service, a great room, and a great view. I have written several other reviews, and I consider myself to be pretty fair.
The details:
•Check in was fast. No line. About 20 minutes after we checked in, the front desk clerk called us to make sure our room was good and if we needed anything. Every employee we met was friendly.
•The room had an awesome view of the harbor. Beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was modern and clean. No issues.
•The location of the hotel was pretty cool. Right on the harbor. Just a few minutes walk to the convention center, and while I wouldn't recommend walking to cruise terminal, it is feasible to do so (free shuttle and other shuttles can take you there for a few dollars per person).
•Negatives...Well, if I HAD to say something negative, I thought the price for breakfast was high, but I've seen higher prices for breakfast. The lobby was very nice and beautiful, but with so much wood, I can see how some may see that as "dark". I am not sure why this Westin has gotten such mixed reviews.

I included some pictures to show the room and the view.

Would I stay here again? You bet! Hopefully soon.

Room Tip: There is a grocery store across the harbor (walk across the bridge and around the convention center...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ems622

Thank you ems622 for the wonderful comments about your stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel!

Our staff takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!

It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed this past weekend and had a great time and remarkable service. The entire staff was extremely professional and really made me feel like they truely cared. One individual I would like to recognize who went above and beyond was Jason in sales. I've worked with Jason in the past and when I called him up to help coordinate reservations for my family, he followed through to make sure everything was taken care of. Last minute he helped coordinate a bus for a trip to Gainsvilles for the LSU vs. Florida Game. What a relief this was not to have to deal with. It was truely a great weekend and I will continue to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aurthur34678

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Aurthur34678!

During your stay with us we are glad to hear that you and your family had a great time and received such remarkable service! Jason will be pleased to know that he was able to have such a positive impact on your stay!

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!