“Westin Tampa Harbour Island”

Westin Tampa Harbour Island
Ranked #58 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Bloomfield, CT
“Westin Tampa Harbour Island”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We held a small conference at this hotel and they handled everything perfectly down to the smallest detail. The lunch on the outside area was relaxing and delicious and adequately priced. The 725 Restaurant was the best thing every. Steven was our server 2 nights in a row and made the evening exciting and fun. Our room was great, spacious and comfortable. The Westin had the best beds of any hotel I have ever stayed at and the same can be said about their bathroom facilities (double shower heads!). Perfect location: close to the riverwalk and the trolly system.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us Lucyanne1!

The Westin Tampa Harbour Island is happy to hear that every moment of you stay was relaxing, comfortable and perfect in every aspect!

We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice. I did not feel like I am staying in a Westin. It is an old hotel. Carpet was dirtier than city streets. Every floor has dirty carpet. Room wasn't that clean either. Shower was good in one room but bad in the other one. Only good thing was the bed. They told me there is no special floor for SPG members or lounge. We paid for parking. We could hear people from our room when they were talking in the corridor. Hotel needs a major update. I will not stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011
Greetings CUBBEAR007!

The Westin is pleased to hear that you were able to have a heavenly night sleep on our custom Westin bedding. While we do not have a concierge lounge on our SPG floors, the Westin Tampa Harbour Island does provide a complimentary unwind hour for all of our guests to enjoy.

We apologize for not providing you the typical soothing and relaxing environment that Westins are symbolic with and encourage you to contact us directly.

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Tabor, Iowa
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Special thanks to Joe at the bar, every night was a blast and made us feel at home. Craig and William are also top notch guys, they will chat with you about everything and make it a real enjoyable visit! I enjoyed all of my time at the Westin!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for visiting us jeremychristiansen!

Our charismatic bartending staff at the Westin is enthusiastic about providing our guests with service that leaves a lasting impression. Joe, Craig and William will be honored to hear that you truly enjoyed your visit with them!

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
orion1782
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at Harbour Island Westin in November on a business trip. The service was excellent, and the location is great- it is kind of isolated from the rest of Tampa across a little bridge, and it has a good restaurant attached/adjacent to it that has a good nightscene. The view of Tampa from most of the rooms (at least mine on the 5th floor) is nice both in the day and evening hours. A short walk across that bridge takes you into the downtown and relatively close to the Arena and other sights. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Greetings orion1782!

Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! The tranquil location of the Westin is an escape from the busy city and yet only seconds away from the attractions of downtown Tampa.

Thank you for choosing the Westin and we hope to see you again soon!
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while I was competing in the Gasparilla Challenge (2 days of races in Tampa Bay). My husband has been a Starwood Platinum member for 10+ years and I've stayed at many Westin hotels during this time. Typically, I can always count on Westin to be consistent... the heavenly bed, double-head shower, great workout room, etc. But, the Tampa Harbour Westin left a lot to be desired. It's obvious that Westin took over this hotel from another owner and attempted to add the standard Westin touches. They didn't do enough! With my husband's Starwood status, he gets a personal concierge/phone line and on our day of check-in, he requested an upgrade. A pleasant e-mail exchange promised an upgraded room for this loyal Starwood member. However, when I checked in and went up to the room, it was clearly a basic room. No suite, no extra space, no balcony, nothing special about it at all. However, I was in Tampa to race and really wasn't concerned about upgrades. Next, I went down to the pool, which required 2 separate elevator rides to get to. I wanted to sit in a chaise and order lunch. The bar was open, but the bartender said to pick up the house phone and call room service. Seriously? I thought this was a Westin. So, I ordered and the food arrived fairly quickly, but then I had to pay the room service surcharge. Come on! I had also rented a car during my stay in Tampa. The hotel charged $15 to self park or $20 to valet! Now, this really bothered me. It was not a "city" hotel, nor was it a resort or even a classy place. A hotel like this could get a way with a $5 charge at most, in my opinion. The parking charges were insulting at this level of accommodations. Also, there was no concierge, the restaurant and bar looked lame, and housekeeping was extremely slow. Each day I was out of the room early, gone for most of the day, and finally had to call at 5:30pm on my way out to dinner to request my room be cleaned. Overall, the place was clean/neat, the staff was real friendly, and it served its purpose for me. But, if you've stayed at lots of Westin hotels, this one will be a real disappointment. I have already decided if I return next year for the races, I will be staying at the nearby Marriot or Embassy Suites, despite my husband's ability/status to reserve a free room at this Westin.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RunnerJess9875
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
RunnerJess9875,

Here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island we strive to have our guests leave us feeling refreshed and renewed. The Staff of the Westin apologizes for the less than adequate Westin experience you had with us. While your stay did not reflect a positive one we would like to encourage you to contact us directly.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2012

March 4, 2012

The Westin Tampa Harbour Island
725 South Harbour Island Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33602

Attention: Hotel Manager/Front Desk Manager/Bar Manager/Housekeeping

I am writing this letter to acknowledge the following people who helped me during our stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island on February 26, 2012 to March 1, 2012.

My Son was taking the Florida Bar Exam and although it was very stressful, the hotel people made it very pleasant.

One night there was a problem and the next morning when we notified the front desk.
They were pleasant and helpful. They had looked into the issue and handled it promptly and courteously.

Each time I needed directions or advise as to the area, or even to needing some scotch tape, everyone was so kind.

Because of our stay and experience, we have already booked rooms for July, in case we need to come back for the July Bar Exam ( hopefully not), but we feel we would be happy at The Westin Tampa Harbour Island if we need to come back for this or any other reason.

Please make sure to notify the following people who helped me throughout the week:
LAUREN, CLAUDIO, ADRIANA, COY, PRINCESS,
EVERYONE ELSE AT THE FRONT DESK, WHOSE NAMES I DO NOT RECALL AND THE PEOPLE AT THE BAR AND HOUSEKEEPING.

Jill Braverman

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
It was truly our pleasure to have you and your son with us Mrs. Braverman!

Every member of our staff takes pride in providing our guests with a soothing and energizing stay.

We wish your son the best of luck and we do hope to see you again in the future under less stressful circumstances!
Upper East Side
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed here for a conference because the conference hotel was sold out by the time I made my reservations. I thought I was getting a Westin - ha! I've stayed at motels that provided better service and more services than this place.

The pros:
1. Location - walking distance to stadium, convention center, some restaurants
2. Valet service is good - guys are courteous & helpful

The cons:
1. Front desk night staff need to complete a customer service bootcamp - they'll insult you to your face and in front of all your colleagues checking in at the same time.
2. Elevator or escalator was broken for most of our stay, but we were kindly directed to the staircase!
3. Old rooms and old hotel overall, dingy lobby
4. Bad value - overpriced rates, expensive room service and restaurant, $12+ for Internet service, the list goes on

Overall bad choice - wish I had done a little research beforehand.

• Stayed February 2012
Greetings Tarhealer,

Thank you for providing the list of events that took place during your stay that demonstrated a less than adequate Westin Tampa Harbour Island experience. The personal interactions and connections we create with our guests should leave them feeling inspired and rejuvenated. We sincerely apologize for not allowing you to reach your potential during your stay and we would like the opportunity to speak with you.

The Westin Tampa Harbour looks forward to hearing from you soon!