“Disapointed”

The Westin Tampa Waterside
Ranked #62 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The Hotel needs a remodel soon, but the bright spot was The 725 South Dining Room; server Steven R. was very commendable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
WestinHarbourIsland, Front Office Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear Chris R,
Thank you for recognizing Steven R, he is certainly amazing with our guests, and I will share your kind words with him and his managers.
I am sorry there were some issues that evening that made your stay less than perfect. I send you a private message to learn more about the aspects of your entire stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with both our Food and beverage Manager and our Management team to ensure we can improve in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The restaurant had incredible service. Our waiter, Steve Tassi, was the most accommodating server I've ever had. He made our trip memorable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
WestinHarbourIsland, Front Office Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear Chris R,
What a outstanding review! It puts a smile in our face! Be assured I will pass your compliments about Steven Tassi to all our management team. We are very privileged to have associates like him in on our team and truly appreciate you taking the time to distinguish him for going above and beyond..

Sincerely

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We want to personally commend the entire Westin Tampa Harbour Island staff for their unprecedented services on the date of December 14th , 2011 for our 1st QivanaMovement.com team meeting in Tampa!

Luis Jordan's quick attention, amazing customer service, along with precise execution, is highly recognized. We sincerely appreciate the time he spent reviewing the hotels guest services information with our team, while reviewing their goals, and recommending strategies for achieving them while staying at the Westin. His advice was very helpful and gave us a new perspective on available opportunities.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
WestinHarbourIsland, Front Office Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Dear, “QivanaMovement.com Team Meeting”

What a great story for a New Year’s Holiday. We are thrilled to learn that you, and your team had such a wonderful experience at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. Thank you for recognizing the level of service from our associates as well as the quality of information that it was provided by our management team.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Let me start by saying I'm a Starwood preferred member and will always try to choose a Starwood property like Westin or W hotels when at all possible. When I think of westin I think of a high end hotel. This hotel is more like a poorly maintained Holiday Inn.

When we checked into our corner suite the room was filthy. Like it hadn't even been cleaned. There was dirt on the carpet still and stains. The bed had hair in it and the refrigerator had someone's leftover food in it still. I called housekeeping 5 times before someone finally came up with a steam cleaner. The stains did not come out. They apologized, said someone from management would call to do something for us and we are currently on our third day here with no call.

There are no drawers in this suite to put clothes in so we are living out of our suitcases. The glasses in the bathroom are plastic flimsy cups wrapped in plastic. Like the kind you expect to have in $75 per night motels not in a Starwood property. We are in a suite and I expected a tv in the living area in addition to the one in the bedroom. There isn't. I asked them to move the bedroom tv to the living area which they did. Not really worth it as it only gets about 20 channels and half of them are so fuzzy you can't watch anything anyway.

Now onto the pool. It's about the size of my living room and looks pretty sad. The hallways have dingy carpet that's in dire need of replacing. Tile is chipped, doors have peeling paint and gauges out of them. This entire hotel could benefit from a huge makeover.

Room service: my son ordered a cheeseburger cooked medium and it came up raw. At least they took it off the bill.

Housekeeping: absolutely terrible. The condition our room was in as well as others traveling with us was disgusting. My husband came back to the room today when I was gone and saw the housekeeping cart out by our door and our lock flipped to prop the door open. No one from housekeeping was in the room. He was in the room for over 30 minutes and no sign of anyone from housekeeping anywhere. We have laptops, iPads, jewelry, cash etc in the room that anyone could have walked in and helped themselves to.

I would never return to this hotel unless they had a major overhaul and improvement in the quality and quantity of their staff. What a disappointment.

Room Tip: There is no good room. Even the luxury suites are dingy and dirty
1  Thank RP8133
WestinHarbourIsland, Front Office Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2011

Dear Rachel H
I'm truly sorry to see that your visit to The Westin Tampa Harbour Island was less than perfect that evening. The issues you have described in your review are certainly not the standard, and I will be sharing your comments with all our department leaders, so they can review with their teams and improve in the future. I send you a private message to learn more about the aspects of your entire stay. It would be my pleasure to assist you further with all these issues. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and be sure we take these comments very seriously and work hard with all our teams to resolve them.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

The Westin is right along the river in Tampa. Standard Westin rooms. Very good staff that went all out. The location is perfect for evening walks or morning jogging. Easy to get to and from. Self parking in a garage with in/out privileges albeit a little dark. Windows need cleaning. Spoils the nice view.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
WestinHarbourIsland, Front Office Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Dear Leroyk,
What a wonderful review! We are joyful to learn that you had an amazing time during your visit to The Westin Harbour Island. We are delighted to learn that during your visit, you had the opportunity to experience our beautiful views. We appreciate your recognition of our entire staff. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure we can continue to improve in the future.
See you soon

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was the dreariest Westin I have ever stayed at. The hotel got 2 stars because of the beautiful view from my window, otherwise I would have given it 1 star. The hotel needs a serious revamping. The carpet is dirty, the walls need paint. There all no real amenities at the hotel e.g. spa. You'd be better off on the other side of the bridge at the Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinHarbourIsland, Front Office Manager at The Westin Tampa Waterside, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

Dear, cjoseph3

I'm sorry to see your expectations during this visit were less than pleasant. I sent you a private message to learn more about your recent stay. Your valuable contribution certainly will help us correct the areas where we need to; this will enhance our service to our guests in the future. We are happy you did enjoy the magnificent views.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Upon arriving we were met by a very accommodating front desk staff. As we were traveling with high school students we needed adjoining rooms. We received exactly what we needed. When we needed a roll-a-way it was there in minutes. The hotel was very modern and probably more suited to business travel but it was a great value for us. The only thing that we could find fault with was that the hallways were as cold as a meatlocker. All in all would visit again anytime when staying in downtown Tampa.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view upon check in
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear JAL eklem,

What a picture-perfect review! We are extremely happy to learn that you had a wonderful time during your visit to The Westin Harbour Island. We appreciate your recognition of our front-desk associates. I apologize for the hallway temperature that day; I have shared your feedback with our Maintenance Manager to ensure we can continue to improve in the future.
See you soon