“Major letdown”

Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Major letdown”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel is nothing to brag about. The room was nothing special at all- certainly not four star quality. There were a lot of hidden charges- parking was extremely pricey and so was the internet. When I visited, they were only about 30% booked, so we got a pretty good rate online. Don't count on this being your rate! By the time you check out and pay for all of the extras, you might as well stay somewhere else. The pool was decent, with a pretty nice view of the harbor.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank atm2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We have stayed here before, but were a bit reluctant due to some of the recent reviews. I do agree that this hotel does show some signs of age, but we found it to be clean, comfortable, and a great value. We were only in town for one night so we did not get to use any of the amenities. I am glad we gave it a shot. It was perfect for our needs on this trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Miked1129
WestinHarbourIsland, General Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Hi Miked1129,

We are also glad you gave us a shot. Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to share that we are in the plannng stages for some renovations in 2011 and 2012. We look forward to your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance at carlos.sanchez@westintampaharbourisland.com.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Thanks to Claudio and the rest of the front desk staff for making our long awaited vacation to Tampa wonderful! The heavenly bed was wonderful. The rooms were very comfortable with a great view of the harbor. Excellent service! If you're in Tampa, stay at the Westin on Harbour Island!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bookgirl1962
Dear bookgirl 1962,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is with great pride that we will recognize Claudio and the front desk staff for making your visit in Tampa and at The Westin Tampa Harbour Island special. We hope to see you soon...we will have a Heavenly Bed waiting.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I came to Tampa with my best friend to celebrate my birthday at Jackson's Bistro. I booked this hotel on priceline for about $60 but the service I received can't be beat. Joy checked me in at the front desk and after overhearing my friend tell me Happy Birthday she sent complimentary beer, chips and other snacks along with a birthday card and then later made me reservations at Columbia Restaurant and made sure I had great seating for their Flamenco show. Paul at the bar was a riot and made me feel very warm and welcome! I have NEVER experienced such warm and friendly service in all of my years of traveling!! The management should be very proud of Joy and Paul because they exemplify stellar service and are the PRIMARY reason why I will only stay at the Westin Harbour Island when in the Tampa Bay area!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vincent H
Greetings Vincent H,

Happy belated birthday. Kudos to Joy and Paul for adding to your your birthday celebration. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Traveling for business is sometimes rough but staying at the Westin provides the home away from home experience that makes it easier on you. This is all thanks to Joy, Adriana, and the rest of the front desk staff whom always strive to make your stay as welcoming as possible. It is an absolute pleasure to interact with these individuals on a daily basis.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny L
Greetings DannyL,

Thank you for your response. It is always a pleasure to receive great comments about our associates, especially when they are recognized by name. I am happy Joy and Adriana provide a home away from home during your visits
We hope to see you soon.

CT
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Modern, beautiful hotel, comfy rooms, and great bathrooms. Nice bar downstairs and convenient to Tampa and the beaches. Very pet friendly. Nice gym. Great staff all around. Wish the pool was outdoors though. Going back in December.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinHarbourIsland, General Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Greetings LuLuCt,

We thank you for the great comments and we look forward to your visit in December....

Apollo Beach
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We wanted a weekend in Tampa to celebrate an anniversary and I don't think we could have made a better choice for a place to stay. Even though we arrived late in the evening, the hotel GM greeted us personally and escorted us through the registration process. We were upgraded to a premium room with water views. Joy, who registered us, sent champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries along with a personal note to our room after asking why we were visiting. I know the hotel was busy that weekend with 2 different football teams visiting, but we never had to wait for anything we wanted--our car was always waiting for us, room service was very quick, and the restaurant and housekeeping staff were falling all over themselves trying to help us any way they could. The harbour island location was perfect for us and was close to everything we like to do in Tampa. If you haven't tried the Westin's heavenly bed, you can't know what you're missing. We had a terrific weekend and we'll be back to the Westin again. Many thanks.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James K
Hi James K,

Happy Anniversary. What an honor for us you chose to stay at The Westin Tampa Harbour Islands for such an occasion. I am glad Joy recognized your celebration and was able to Surprise and Delight you with Champagne and Strawberries. Thank you for commending the staff and it will be my pleasure to recognize them for a job well done.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you soon.