“It was below Average.”

Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Cape Coral, Florida
“It was below Average.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We got to the Inn at 2:30pm, and was told the room would not be ready for another 30 minutes, which I understood since check in is at 3pm. Took a walk and when we got back to the check-in at 3pm, was given our room number and keys. But when we got to our room, the door was ajar, and the room was a mess. So I want to the check in person (which was now a different person than before) and was told that the room is not ready yet, but they are working on it. So we waited in lobby and 40 minutes later I went to the check-in and asked why if check-in is at 3pm, is my room still not ready at 3:45pm. Was told that because they had so many people checking out that day, they did not have time to get my room ready. Luckily, by the time they finished giving me that lame excuse, I was told my room was ready. I had a reservation and I was there at 2:30pm, it's not like they didn't know I was going to be there or like it was a surprise that I would be there. So to not have my room ready at check-in time is bad business. Another negative was that my bed made a large noise when I would move on it. The pluses though was the continental breakfast and the heated pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Gamers57,

We appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We sincerely apologize the room was not available by check in time.

We hope you give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future. Please contact me directly and I'll personally book your next stay with us.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very clean and comfortable, and recently remodeled. Stayed here when it was the Wyndham, and its better now. nice size room for 2 queens, complimentary breakfast had nice selection, staff very friendly and helpful. Convenient to lots shopping, restaurants and I-75 exit.

Dear Michael K,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to tell us about your most recent stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North.

My team and I are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to servicing you in the near future.

Here for you!

Jackie Cruz
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 30, 2014

You may be discouraged from getting off this exit on I75 because of the construction but please do! We were beyond pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel and staff for the price we paid. We were told by staff that it had be newly renovated and it definitely showed. The decor was wonderful, the rooms were very clean and smelled nice. We were jumping from city to city after our stay here and for what we paid here we got really bad hotels in other areas. If we wanted better quality we had to pay double the price if not more. Even other La Quinta locations never compared to this one. We will most definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your most recent stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North.

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us how pleasant your stay was and we certainly look forward to servicing you when visiting the area.

North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We planned a weekend trip to Busch Gardens with several other families and we intended to book a room at the Wingate by Wyndham in Tampa (USF) and due to incorrect info on the AAA website inadvertently booked our room at this hotel which was previously a Wingate by Wyndham hotel - I called this hotel when we arrived at the other location and the staff at La Quinta cancelled our reservation, no problem - no fees or penalties were charged - we are very grateful and appreciative

Room Tip: AAA Customers be aware that this La Quinta hotel may still be listed as a Wingate by Wyndham hotel o...
Dear Linda M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am pleased to hear we were able to help in resolving this for you.

We sure hope you give us an opportunity to service you in the near future.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was in town this weekend for a family wedding. We had a great time! The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was pretty good and the staff was fantastic especially the GM Jackie. The only issue we encountered was parking. The hotel was completely full and spots were very scarce when we got back from the reception.

We are a loud and chaotic group sometimes but the hotel was great and made sure we all had a blast. I thank you all for the excellent weekend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear AnWright71,

We at La Quinta Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us about your experience.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during this memorable moment we all seemed to enjoy.

When visiting the area, be sure to contact me directly to book your stay.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We moved to this hotel at the last minute because of an unpleasant experience at a previous hotel . We were so pleased and surprised at the uniqueness of the hotel. It has gone through a recent remodel and is colorful, spacious and charming. The staff, Jackie, David and Jessica were very caring and fully interested in making our stay pleasant. Our room on the first floor had high ceilings and was beautifully decorated. It was also very clean and quiet. The bed was excellent. The breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: We loved the 1st floor room because of the high ceilings.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear PhBell,

We at La Quinta Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your kind comments. It was a pleasure checking in with you both on a daily basis to see what was on your agenda, besides your visits to the Yankee spring training.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Here for you!

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hidden behind contructionlanes past I-75 I was delighted to stay ant this newly renovated La Quinta, I only wish all my La Quinta stays were as good as this one was. Great hotel, large clean rooms, a 3 star price for 4 star hotel. The only problem was the parking was a bit scarce and the hotel was not at full capacity so that might be a problem during the turist season. Overall I look forward to staying at that hotel again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jackie_Laquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear DJCabal,

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that although we are a little hidden due to all the construction happening, you as well as many other of our valued guest have been able to find us.

The project is moving rapidly, and we have since noticed our hotel is much more visible!

Your comments are greatly appreciated and value your loyalty to La Quinta. We look forward to seeing you very soon.