WINNER WONDERLAND

“Relief for Tired Bodies!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spend a fair amount of time in Florida for business so finding a hotel location that I can use on a regular basis is important. The new off of I75 in North Tampa is great. They have just upgraded the top two floors and the lower two were in process. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful and it is a great area with restaurants and highway access. I will plan on bringing my family on one of my upcoming trips as it is just minutes from Busch Gardens.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We really enjoyed the bed in this recently renovated room!! It was firm & comfortable at the same time, without being hard. It was a delight to sleep without back & hip pain. Also the staff was extremely friendly & helpful. But most precious of all was the beautiful rooster who lives in the palmettos outside the front door!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Handicapped room had a bathtub not a shower.
Since my husband is confined to a wheelchair, the bathtub was not accessible to my husband. The hotel is being remodeled and I feel that the bathtub in handicapped
rooms should be replaced with an accessible shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The description from La Quinta says the property is newly renovated but that can't be very recent, as the bathroom tiles were mildewed and the shower looked at least a couple of years old; and I found a few hairs in the tub. But the rest of the room was clean and the front desk staff is very friendly.

Be warned, however, that the free wi-fi may not work in all the rooms.  My room, 210, could not receive a signal on any of my 3 devices (which are in perfect working order).  The front desk staff was no help on this problem, a major issue for me since I was traveling on business and wi-fi is critical.

Also, the lobby is under construction and when I asked for a corkscrew the front desk said they "couldn't find anything due to the construction." Perhaps a minor point but I was just off a flight and wanted to relax in the room with a glass of wine but then had to drive around looking for a corkscrew.

Although they have nice flat screen TVs the signal is old fashioned analog -- looks like TV circa 1995.  Why bother spending all that money on new TVs and not provide a Hi-Def signal??

Overall a decent place to stay but these little issues add up to a mediocre experience.  I expect better and could find better at other nearby chain hotels for a similar price.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family was totally pleased with our stay that we extended an extra day. Considering the hotel was under renovation, the hotel staff ensured we were satisfied with our accommodations. The rooms were very clean and the quality of service was superb. What stood out the most in our visit was the professionalism of the staff and the excellent service they provided from the front desk, to the room service staff, to the kitchen crew who ensured breakfast every morning was of the highest quality. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This property recently changed from a Wyndham hotel to La Quinta. It is under renovation but that is okay with us. I believe only the 2nd floor (out of 4) was in service.

I really don't think we should have been charged the full $119 plus tax for our stay. I booked on the web and it did not say that there would be no amenities available. The pool, fitness centre and business centre were closed. The wireless Internet was terrible no matter where you are in the hotel. I believe we pay for those conveniences.

Rooms was clean, smelled good, and beds were comfy as per usual for La Quinta. Premises outside are also under renovation, but its understandable.

Breakfast in the morning was good. No complaints! We had sausage, eggs, French toast and waffles were available.

Overall, nice clean place, but with amenities gone- rate should have been reduced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family