“Not as advertised!”

Reviewed November 14, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at the New Tampa Wingate twice before and will again. For us, the location is perfect. We like the rooms and breakfast. My only reason for knocking the cleanliness score on this stay is the fact that 2 nights in a row, I killed a roach in the room. It is Florida and we were on the ground floor, but the fact that it was 2 nights in a row bothered me a little bit. I will still go back and request a room on an elevated floor next time.

1  Thank Glen N
Reviewed November 13, 2012

When we arrived I was given a King bed and we requested 2 queens as confirmed in my email. The WiFi was out and the desk told me, " Nobody else has complained". I called tech support and they said the hotel needed to refresh there server. They called the hotel back and a few minutes later it was fixed. Not my job to fix and front desk should have taken care of that. The toilet leaked water all over the bathroom floor when you flushed it. Soaked my pants. Requested extra pillows, never got them. Staff and workers took all the food from the buffet in the morning leaving guest with No eggs or bacon for 20 minutes. I won't be going back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is my second stay at the Wingate .The manager Manuel and the entire staff are very personable and friendly. I noticed several changes /upgrades to the hotel from my previous stay. Going green with a request card to change sheets every other day or every day is an excellent idea. The breakfast continues to be my favorite!I felt very safe as a single woman traveling alone. The property surrounding the hotel is very well kept.This is my go to hotel whenever I am in Tampa.I noticed a plaque proudly displayed on the wall from Trip Advisor in the hotel...it's well deserved!This hotel is very clean-The staff does an excellent job of doing this.The fitness room-indoor pool-business center-hotel shuttle-and free wifi!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Address: 17301 Dona Michelle Dr, I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647-3213 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Best Value Hotel in Tampa
#9 Family Hotel in Tampa
#13 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#17 Business Hotel in Tampa
Price Range: $95 - $128 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Tampa North Hotel Tampa