“Not as advertised!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #8 of 162 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
CANDLER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at the New Tampa Wingate twice before and will again. For us, the location is perfect. We like the rooms and breakfast. My only reason for knocking the cleanliness score on this stay is the fact that 2 nights in a row, I killed a roach in the room. It is Florida and we were on the ground floor, but the fact that it was 2 nights in a row bothered me a little bit. I will still go back and request a room on an elevated floor next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Glen N
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When we arrived I was given a King bed and we requested 2 queens as confirmed in my email. The WiFi was out and the desk told me, " Nobody else has complained". I called tech support and they said the hotel needed to refresh there server. They called the hotel back and a few minutes later it was fixed. Not my job to fix and front desk should have taken care of that. The toilet leaked water all over the bathroom floor when you flushed it. Soaked my pants. Requested extra pillows, never got them. Staff and workers took all the food from the buffet in the morning leaving guest with No eggs or bacon for 20 minutes. I won't be going back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is my second stay at the Wingate .The manager Manuel and the entire staff are very personable and friendly. I noticed several changes /upgrades to the hotel from my previous stay. Going green with a request card to change sheets every other day or every day is an excellent idea. The breakfast continues to be my favorite!I felt very safe as a single woman traveling alone. The property surrounding the hotel is very well kept.This is my go to hotel whenever I am in Tampa.I noticed a plaque proudly displayed on the wall from Trip Advisor in the hotel...it's well deserved!This hotel is very clean-The staff does an excellent job of doing this.The fitness room-indoor pool-business center-hotel shuttle-and free wifi!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo