La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #8 of 162 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
CANDLER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at the New Tampa Wingate twice before and will again. For us, the location is perfect. We like the rooms and breakfast. My only reason for knocking the cleanliness score on this stay is the fact that 2 nights in a row, I killed a roach in the room. It is Florida and we were on the ground floor, but the fact that it was 2 nights in a row bothered me a little bit. I will still go back and request a room on an elevated floor next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Glen N
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When we arrived I was given a King bed and we requested 2 queens as confirmed in my email. The WiFi was out and the desk told me, " Nobody else has complained". I called tech support and they said the hotel needed to refresh there server. They called the hotel back and a few minutes later it was fixed. Not my job to fix and front desk should have taken care of that. The toilet leaked water all over the bathroom floor when you flushed it. Soaked my pants. Requested extra pillows, never got them. Staff and workers took all the food from the buffet in the morning leaving guest with No eggs or bacon for 20 minutes. I won't be going back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is my second stay at the Wingate .The manager Manuel and the entire staff are very personable and friendly. I noticed several changes /upgrades to the hotel from my previous stay. Going green with a request card to change sheets every other day or every day is an excellent idea. The breakfast continues to be my favorite!I felt very safe as a single woman traveling alone. The property surrounding the hotel is very well kept.This is my go to hotel whenever I am in Tampa.I noticed a plaque proudly displayed on the wall from Trip Advisor in the hotel...it's well deserved!This hotel is very clean-The staff does an excellent job of doing this.The fitness room-indoor pool-business center-hotel shuttle-and free wifi!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I arrived at the hotel with 7 pieces of luggage due to my relocation. It was nice to have a luggage cart available for my use, but most importantly to have a warm welcome and fast check-in process. I went up to my room and was happy to notice the clean smell. There's nothing that I hate more than a staled smelling room. The linen felt fresh and smelled clean. I have to point out how nice it was to walk into a clean bathroom. I didn't have to go far for a nice hot breakfast. You can make your own waffles in the morning and there's eggs, sausages, cereals, fruits, pastries, and to my surprise the coffee was really good. There's a fitness room, a guest business center, outdoor pool and restaurants, Walgreens pharmacy & gas stations all within walking distance. What impressed me the most was the hotel team. Everyone from Management, Front Desk Coordinators and housekeeping staff really worked in harmony to make our stay a good experience. With their help and tips I was able to find an apartment in the area in a couple of days. One young lady who impressed me the most was Jessica at the front desk. She really positively enhanced our experience. I highly recommend this place because of their cleanliness, amenities and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Hallway on second floor has a balcony that overlooks the lobby. If you want added privacy stay away...