“High Five”

Tampa Marriott Westshore
Ranked #54 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the first time that I've been high fived checking in. The enthusiastic lady at the front desk told me I was approaching a milestone in points, then high five.

The staff is friendly and attentive. The main entrance is beautiful. The side entrance is a little worn. The room is small but very comfortable. I had access to the concierge for breakfast. The scrambled eggs had a lot of flavor and really elvated the breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. On behalf of the staff here, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.
'HIGH FIVE'

There are newer reviews for Tampa Marriott Westshore

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I will definitely be using this hotel on my next trip to Tampa. Room was clean, service was great. Front desk staff fantastic.

Near the airport and close to Dale Mavry Blvd--main thoroughfare in Tampa

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to taking care of you next time you are in Tampa.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Marriott is my choice for hotels. Its was nice-not the best Marriott I visited. The room was ok, I would return. It was close to shopping as well as finding places to eat. Its my second time staying at the property. The onsite restaurant was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

While our property is not newer and is in some need of updating I sincerely appreciate you providing us with some positive feedback. I am glad the hotel restaurant was to your liking.
It means a lot to us when guests such as your self take the time to let us know about your stay so we can find ways to improve. If we can ever be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night while traveling through Tampa to another destination. The hotel offered us a free upgrade to a corner room on arrival, which we appreciated, and we liked the room itself. The fact that it is less than a five-minute ride to the airport yet doesn't get all of the noise pollution was also fantastic. However, it's fairly obvious that the exterior of the property badly needs to be updated - there is a very visible hole in the ceiling over the main entrance, and the balcony was so depressing to look at, let alone sit in. The indoor/outdoor pool area was beautiful, but the pool itself was full of dead insects - would have given the hotel a much higher grade had they bothered to skim the water on a regular basis.

Bottom line - if you only plan to use the hotel for sleeping, this is a decent location. If you want a hotel where you can enjoy being on premises all day, there are better options.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am glad my staff was able to upgrade you to one of our corner rooms that have a bit more space and better view. I understand your concerns about the exterior of the building and we are currently taking some steps to improve the overall quality of our facility. Thanks to your feedback we have already started a project to clean up the few balconies we have. While our maintenance department does skim the pool twice daily they are now monitoring it more closely to ensure it remains clean throughout the day.
I want to thank you for your feedback about our hotel. It means a lot to us when our guests take the time to let us know about their stay so we may take the necessary steps to improve. If there is anything further we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mike Weihs
Tampa Westshore Marriott

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a total of three days. I had a great time. I walked to the mall and the Cheesecake Factory and when my fiancé and I decided to go to Busch Gardens, the car rental place was across the street. That was very accommodating. Great location!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ruby M
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay here with us. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to the completion of all updates here at the hotel. If your travels bring you back to Tampa, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. It will be our pleasure to take care of you.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Got here with no expectations and left with no expectations. It was Saturday night Concierge Lounge was closed. Continental breakfast was offered and upgraded for $2.00 for full buffet. The breakfast was pretty good and plentiful. The server super nice and friendly. Amenities in the room were what to be expected for a concierge level room but just basics. Room was very small and restroom very very little, in order to close the door you needed to go to a little corner and close it and vice versa to get out. The door was moldy and a bit disgusting but clean in general. Room was tired. Employees are respectful and very professional.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just returned from a 4-night stay on a business trip. The facility is an older Marriott with a standard look from the 90's, but the location is great - just a couple blocks from a mall and a short drive to the International Plaza; so there is an abundance of restaurant & shopping opportunities within 5 minutes of the hotel. A group of us decided we wanted to go to dinner together and drink - the hotel took us to the restaurant and came pack to pick us up several hours later. When I arrived, there was no refrigerator in the room - so I stopped by the front desk and they had one delivered within 20 minutes. The concierge lounge is small, but very nice - my hats off to Becky for her great service & area advice when we visited the lounge. So yes, the building is a bit old and probably could use a refresh; but the staff certainly makes up for it with their great customer service. I will definitely stay there again when I return on business.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business