“Very nice place”

Tampa Marriott Westshore
Ranked #58 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Westshore before flying out of Tampa Airport. It was very convenient as their shuttle will take you to the airport( 4:30 am). The beds were very comfy and the rooms were clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful. It was a bit loud @ 3 am outside because we were facing Westshore and the bar is directly across the street. We had to get up at that time anyway.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for away from Westshore
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at Marriott Westshore while doing "grandparent duty" for our daughter, who was running a film festival in Tampa. From the friendly woman who picked us up on arrival at the airport to the helpful bell hop who helped load our rental car at the conclusion of our stay we were highly impressed with the welcoming and capable staff. Since we had special needs for our twin grandchildren we often had to make special requests, and each time our needs were taken care of. While at the Marriott we enjoyed the lovely indoor/outdoor pool with its plush towels and comfortable chaise lounges, and mornings before our crew work up I was able to use the physical fitness center, which also provided a delicious apple to begin my breakfast. We had adjoining rooms to our daughter and grandchildren and found them to be quite comfortable. However, we disagreed on the beds; I loved the plush soft mattresses with soothing comforters while the others would have preferred a firmer mattress. The bathroom showers were great and the quality of the shampoo and body lotion much appreciated. At first we thought the location of the hotel in a generic commercial area would be off putting, but after I discovered that there were indeed sidewalks and one could walk about fifteen minutes to a lovely bayside park I was quite satisfied, especially when viewing the sunset from Cypress Point. When we wished to go to a mall or shopping at Target the courtesy van was available and efficiently took us to our destination. We would heartily recommend this facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in early October for business and unlike many other Marriott properties this property is very dated and is in need of a facelift. Buttons in the elevator were falling off or busted in. I always seek out a Marriott due to the points but wonder if the nearby courtyard would be a better alternative...

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed 1 night on a Saturday at the Tampa Marriott Westshore Hotel. This is an older Marriott property that is not at the level of a Marquis or JW but still is very nice. Great service, easy check-in and convenient to Tampa Airport, International and Westshore Malls, DT Tampa and Raymond James Stadium. We attended Howl and Scream at Busch Gardens and it was about 20 minutes. As a Marriott Gold Member I ask for a high floor and was given a room on the 14th floor(top floor). Nice view of the bay and airport. It is a busy area and can be somewhat sketchy late night/early morning as there are 2 strip clubs with 2 blocks of the hotel. Many other hotels in the area that I have stayed at including Embassy Suites, Hyatt and Renaissance. Marriott and Renaissance are by far the nicest. Nice indoor.outdoor pool area, plenty of parking and nice work out room. Nice stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Been going to Tampa for many years. Have tried this hotel on and off and it is still just okay. Facilities are a bit worn and the hotel restaurant mediocre. Bathrooms were small but sufficient. Bed was comfortable. Undistinguished location with a view of girly bar across the street, but a male business traveler may appreciate more. Adequate workout room that was chlorine smelling due to pool proximity. Starbucks is a definite convenience. Average about sums this place up.

Room Tip: walls are thin, the alarm clock in the next room woke me. ask for a room without adjacent occupants...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very affordable hotel with great service and I will book again. I needed an adapter for EU contact but the hotel had none. They had a mini bus and drove me for free to the closest store and this is an excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently stayed here on business. I will first start with a compliment. I was greeted warmly and felt that the registration staff had a genuine interest in me. The disappointment comes in the fact that I paid for a room that was very dated and literally had a torn sheet on the bed. I felt like I was staying in a third world hotel. Seriously, a ripped bed sheet? I would not recommend this hotel. It is in significant need of an update. The next night I stayed in the Hyatt Westshore for basically the same price with a totally different experience; felt like I was back in the USA.

• Stayed: September 2012