“Great hotel!”

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This was my first time staying at this property and I will definitely be back. I arrived very late and each one of my requests was met. The work out room exceeded my expectations since it was spacious and clean. I highly recommend this hotel if you are arriving late or departing early from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Tampa Airport Marriott at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Your recent review regarding your time spent at the Tampa Airport Marriott is very much appreciated. We are pleased to hear that your first stay with us was an enjoyable one and that your will return. For our size hotel the fitness center is certainly larger than most and our location could not be any more convenience for anyone traveling in or out of the Tampa Airport. We look forward to your return trip.

There are newer reviews for Tampa Airport Marriott

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Airport hotels can be hit or miss, although my experience with those connected to the terminal has been good over the years. This Marriott is the best of the lot, both as to room quality and meeting facilities; in addition, it is reasonably priced. I've stated here a couple of times before this trip, always on business, and they appear to be in a constant improvement mode, all of which is most welcome. It's not a resort or terribly fancy, so a top rating isn't in order, but for what it is it's very, very solid. If you're coming to Tampa by air for an overnight meeting you'd be hard-pressed to do better.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant General Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share you r insight regarding your views on the Tampa Airport Marriott, we strive to provide and excellent overall experience and are pleased to hear your time with us was enjoyable. Upon your return you will be able to utilize our newly renovated Skyye Bar and Grille along with the Café. We hope that you will find our changes will drive us to a top rating! We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had to pick my son up at the airport and got lost and pulled in to the hotel and the valet, Patrick, helped me by parking my car and taking me to the air terminal pickup and told me how to get back out. He went out of his way to help an elderly lady late at night.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

On behalf of Patrick and the rest of the team here at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your insight. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond thus your story is one we enjoy hearing.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Marriott on Aug 17, 2014. I used the restroom by the lobby and found the most wonderful aromatic hand salt. The housekeeping maid, Edith, was most kind and told me about the company. I asked her where I could buy some of it. I had been living out of a suit case, visiting friends and family in the Florida for the last 14 days and found the product to be very soothing. Thank you Edith. Please let her know I have enjoyed the hand salt since I have been home here in Spokane, WA..

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words regarding Miss Edith and the rest of the hotel. I will share with her your feedback. We feel its the little touches that make a different for our guest and are please to read about your experience. We look forward to hosting you again upon your return to Tampa.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We use the Tamp Airport Marriott when having to leave on an early flight. The rooms are small but nicely redecorated and the close proximity of shops and eating choices make it a perfect relaxing stay the night before.

Room Tip: A view of the bay is a nice choice!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We completely agree with your view that we are the perfect hotel for anyone looking for an easy start to their travel day out of Tampa. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

1.bed - room 620 hard and uncomfortable . Woke up with back pain
2. Shower and sink - took 5 minutes for the water to get hot. You waste more water than you actually use. Sink does not get hot enough either
3. Marriott elite benefit - gave me the wrong room after I was assured a day before and hours before check in. Tried to fix it and offered me a different room ( moved to 620) that has all the problems .made me feel so welcomed as a platinum elite -NOT!!!!
4. They had the most wonderful housekeeping lady EDITH - the only good part of my stay. People should make a story of her. She epitomizes hardwork without complain and to smile no matter how hard life is.

Overall this hotel is convenient if you are flying out the next day and could care less about comfort and service. But to stay for other reasons, find a different hotel or better yet not this Marriott

Stayed: August 2014
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant General Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight regarding your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for our failure to provide you with an excellent stay. From your description your stay certainly did not meet our standards much less one of our loyal Platinum Members. If possible I would like to ask for a few moments of your time to gain further details from your stay so that I can ensure we learn from our short comings. On another note I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to meet Miss Edith. She is one of the inspirations for us all here at the hotel and we are lucky to have such a passionate member of our team. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for your loyalty to the Marriott family.

Stefan Ritter
813-878-6503
Stefan.ritter@marriott.com

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I like this hotel so much that I prefer early morning flights out of Tampa to justify spending the night before at the Airport Marriott. The rates are very reasonable, and there is very little evening flight traffic so it is quiet. In addition to the hotel food service, the airport has a Fridays and a Carabas a short walk down the hallway.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ogadoo

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. The convenience that comes with staying at our locations certainly is one of our strongest benefits. Early morning flights are much easier with such an easy commute. We look forward to your return trip in the near future.