“Valet Extremely Helpful”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Valet Extremely Helpful”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had to pick my son up at the airport and got lost and pulled in to the hotel and the valet, Patrick, helped me by parking my car and taking me to the air terminal pickup and told me how to get back out. He went out of his way to help an elderly lady late at night.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant General Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
On behalf of Patrick and the rest of the team here at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your insight. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond thus your story is one we enjoy hearing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Korean first
Spokane
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Marriott on Aug 17, 2014. I used the restroom by the lobby and found the most wonderful aromatic hand salt. The housekeeping maid, Edith, was most kind and told me about the company. I asked her where I could buy some of it. I had been living out of a suit case, visiting friends and family in the Florida for the last 14 days and found the product to be very soothing. Thank you Edith. Please let her know I have enjoyed the hand salt since I have been home here in Spokane, WA..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words regarding Miss Edith and the rest of the hotel. I will share with her your feedback. We feel its the little touches that make a different for our guest and are please to read about your experience. We look forward to hosting you again upon your return to Tampa.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We use the Tamp Airport Marriott when having to leave on an early flight. The rooms are small but nicely redecorated and the close proximity of shops and eating choices make it a perfect relaxing stay the night before.

Room Tip: A view of the bay is a nice choice!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We completely agree with your view that we are the perfect hotel for anyone looking for an easy start to their travel day out of Tampa. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

1.bed - room 620 hard and uncomfortable . Woke up with back pain
2. Shower and sink - took 5 minutes for the water to get hot. You waste more water than you actually use. Sink does not get hot enough either
3. Marriott elite benefit - gave me the wrong room after I was assured a day before and hours before check in. Tried to fix it and offered me a different room ( moved to 620) that has all the problems .made me feel so welcomed as a platinum elite -NOT!!!!
4. They had the most wonderful housekeeping lady EDITH - the only good part of my stay. People should make a story of her. She epitomizes hardwork without complain and to smile no matter how hard life is.

Overall this hotel is convenient if you are flying out the next day and could care less about comfort and service. But to stay for other reasons, find a different hotel or better yet not this Marriott

Stayed August 2014
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant General Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your insight regarding your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for our failure to provide you with an excellent stay. From your description your stay certainly did not meet our standards much less one of our loyal Platinum Members. If possible I would like to ask for a few moments of your time to gain further details from your stay so that I can ensure we learn from our short comings. On another note I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to meet Miss Edith. She is one of the inspirations for us all here at the hotel and we are lucky to have such a passionate member of our team. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for your loyalty to the Marriott family.

Stefan Ritter
813-878-6503
Stefan.ritter@marriott.com
Harbor Bluffs, Fl
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I like this hotel so much that I prefer early morning flights out of Tampa to justify spending the night before at the Airport Marriott. The rates are very reasonable, and there is very little evening flight traffic so it is quiet. In addition to the hotel food service, the airport has a Fridays and a Carabas a short walk down the hallway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ogadoo
We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. The convenience that comes with staying at our locations certainly is one of our strongest benefits. Early morning flights are much easier with such an easy commute. We look forward to your return trip in the near future.
atlanta
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Pros:

Traveled to Tampa on a short overnight stay and did not want to hunt for a hotel in the city.

1. Connected to the airport.
2. Convenient shopping and eateries inn the airport.
3. Nice clean rooms

Cons:
$23 per night parking!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and provide some of the highlights of what makes are hotel great. I would like to share with you that the parking charge for overnight guest is $10. $23 is the max hourly rate for non-hotel guest. If you were charged incorrectly please contact our hotel so that we may make the correct. Thank you once again and we look forward to your return trip.
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I arrived very late, after midnight, and were greeted by a 2 smiling faces who explained they did not having any more king rooms and before I could say that was ok with us they told us they are going to give us access to the lounge to have a free breakfast. I was happy we got the breakfast and explained that 2 queens would be fine. The rooms are very well kept (clean and modern) for an older building. The breakfast was great, they had fresh fruit, fresh eggs along with bacon and cereal. I must say that for being next to a busy airport it was surprisingly quiet. Whenever I am in Tampa Bay I will make sure to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Christine H, Senior Room Operations Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for recent stay and review with the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are pleased to hear that our stay took very good care of you during your visit. We consder our staff to be our best asset and we are glad you experienced the same.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future when visiting Tampa!

Christine Horner