WINNER WONDERLAND

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #9 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sarasota, Florida
“Perfect for an early morning flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Marriott Tampa Airport was a perfect location for me to avoid an 1.5 hour drive to catch an early morning flight. The rooms are nice although we could hear some toilets flush as they have the noisy water saver type.

If you are a government employee or teacher, the rate is reduced $50 a night. Shhhh little known secret. Bring your I.D.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine H, Senior Rooms Operation Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are happy to hear that you consider our location to be very convenient for travelers. Thank you for making your travel arrangements under the government rate. We offer this rate when it's available to any traveler that has a government issued photo ID.

Christine Horner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
seattle, washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

To start out, I would say that I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating if our issue had been dealt with appropriately. It was super convenient after a long day of flying and was nice, clean and comfortable. We would have liked for this to be our usual hotel when we stop in Tampa on our way to visit relatives, but unfortunately we will not be staying in any Marriotts again.
We used the hotel's laundry bag to put our dirty clothes and hung that up in the closet.
Upon checking out, we forgot the bag. We called them within a few hours, once we realized it. The person that answered the phone said he would check and call back. No call.
So, I called again a few hours later and was told that the bag was not found but they would check again. No bag.
My husband then called and asked them to check because we knew it was in there and exactly what was in there and exactly where we left it. At this point, there were other guests in the room. But until then - NO ONE ELSE had been in the room except hotel staff. My husband (who is a honey badger) called the manager and when the manager didn't do anything, he asked to file a claim. Which he did. After some phone calls, we were finally offered a $100 credit with Marriott. This isn't acceptable. Our itemized list of stolen clothes came to over $200. This was the 1st day of our vacation and now we were without those clothes. And why would we want to stay at Marriott again? All they had to do was apologize right up front and either reimburse us for the clothes ( it was not like we were saying there was anything expensive in the bag ) or refund us our night's stay. A little good customer service goes a long way in keeping a customer for life. Instead, they lost a customer and will receive our word of mouth with is soured.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Christine H, Senior Room Operations Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your stay at The Tampa Airport Marriott. We are sorry to hear of your unfortunate incident while staying as our guest in the hotel. I understand how frustrating locating a lost and found item may be especially when it’s of value whether sentimental or monetary. This is why at the Tampa Airport Marriott we have taken great pride to develop procedures with our staff to immediately report and turn in any forgotten belongings that may have been left behind by our guests. As soon as any item is received we immediately log the lost item into our database so we can reunite the item back to its owner. I am very sorry to hear your lost items were not located in our hotel and our offer of compensation did not meet your expectations to replace the value of the missing items. We would like the opportunity to host you again as our guest at the Tampa Airport Marriott and please know I will make every effort to insure your stay is delightful if you choose to return.
Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I came at 12 midnight everyone was nice at lucky me the restaurant is open until 1 am.
Also the bed was so comfy!! I felt totally rested
As for the breakfast the egg fritata was delicious!! So my stay was nice

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lissette B
Thank you for your review about the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are pleased to hear that you slept very well in our Marriott standard beds in addition to the wonderful comment about the egg frittata. We hope to have the opportunity to host you as our guest in the future!

Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel was such a deal and couldn't have been anymore convenient. All the staff had been very inviting but Edith was amazing. I am not one to write reviews unless the service was above and beyond. Edith went out of her way to make my family and I feel comfortable. I have never before met someone with such a positive outlook on life and of others. I just hope that she gets noticed for her hard work because Marriott would be crazy to lose an employee like that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are thrilled to hear that Edith treated you and your family with extra special care. Edith is a very special lady that makes our guests feel at home when they stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. I am happy you experienced her care and the pride she takes in her job. You are right, we would be crazy to lose an employee like that!

Christine Horner
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This wonderful hotel never ceases to amaze me. We checked in after a long cross-country flight.
We had an awesome runway view. We set down our bags and we headed down to the bar for some drinks and dinner. We noticed an annoying buzzing noise in the room. We looked all around and couldn't locate the source of the noise. We went downstairs and mentioned it to a nice young lady who said she would have their team investigate it.
A few minutes later, we were approached at the bar by Deron Kauble from engineering. He located the source of the noise.....it was my electric toothbrush. Oops.
Devon was so gracious, and so quick with his investigation and follow-up.
We just love this hotel...largely due to wonderful staff members like Deron.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oxmyrsis
Christine H, Senior Rooms Operation Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
On behalf of the Tampa Airport Marriott we would like to thank you for your stay with us and the mention of Deron, one of our engineers. We take great pride in our staff here at Tampa Airport Marriott and we are very pleased to hear that Deron not only located the source of the problem but exceeded your customer service expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Sanmen County, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

After flying 20 hours from China, landing just after midnight, we were hoping to check right in and be asleep fast. The hotel is nice, but it is about few hundred meters walk from luggage area, a lot if you have tired kids and lots of luggage. I called for someone to help, phone at bottom of escalator to baggage claim (just to left) can reach them. 30 minutes later we had someone down there. He was very nice. We also had to change rooms once because no sofa bed as requests. Finally in bed at 230am, 2 hours after arrival, not what expect for airport hotel. But again, very nice people. Breakfast was ok, but our platinum status only got us cold breakfast, but was only 3$ up charge for hot buffet, kids free. Bit pricey, at 166, so might be just as convenient to book cheaper comparable hotel that has shuttle.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Christine H, Senior Rooms Operation Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your stay with us and we are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We understand how stressful traveling late at night with children can be and we would like to apologize for the delay with assistance in baggage claim as well as your preferred room type with a sofabed not being held for you upon check-in. We value your Platinum Elite status with Marriott and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. If there is anything that I may do to further assist, please contact me directly - Christine Horner 813-998-3757.
Chalfont St Peter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We leapt off a plane from England and were happily checked into our room here within half an hour - for once the customs area was almost empty, cases arrived immediately and we walked the short distance from Terminal to the Hotel in a couple of minutes!!
Check in was quick, friendly and efficient and we were given a room on the 6th floor, conveniently close to the Consierge Lounge. We felt that whilst evening nibbles were somewhat limited, breakfast was excellent. I found that gluten free options for myself were extremely limited and had to rely heavily upon food that I brought with me. I was informed that they didn't have gluten free bread so went to the restaurant to enquire and they did find me some. There was no offer of sending me some up for breakfast on the next day so I had to go down again and beg some more. When I asked on the second day if the chef had anything gluten free that I could eat, I was informed that he had nothing to offer-again lucky I had my own food.The lack of consideration over the food was the only bugbare for me. In a world of increasing food allergies maybe they could look at this aspect. I'd have been thrilled with a bowl of hummus and some corn chips!! It's really not that hard and other Marriotts have been very helpful in this aspect.
Everything else was great. Room nice, bed very very comfortable- a lovely suprise as I have a bad back and frequently need a bedboard. Amy at Reception was most helpful in offering this if I needed it. The rooms were also immaculately and lovingly cleaned for us by Elsy Mo- great job, thank you. Nice pool area outside and a gym. Wifi free for Gold and Platinum reward members.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are happy to hear your arrival experience to our hotel was uneventful and the location of your guestroom suited your needs. I understand that it may be frustrating when gluten free food options are not easily accessible aas well as other choices being limited in the concierge lounge. I'm sorry the concierge attendant did not have any other options for you to choose from. Please know that we will make every effort to offer gluten free items upon request as we have very knowledgeable chefs and it is our pleasure to help our guests determine what is suitable for their dietray needs. We appreciate your feddback about our staff from the front desk to housekeeping. We take great pride in our staff here at the hotel and we are thrilled you recognized that on your visit. Thank you again and we hope to see you stay with us again in the future.