“Unreliable and Poor Customer Service for Family Traveling”

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #10 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and my kids due to an early flight at 5:30 am Delta airline next day. I booked the hotel through orbitz.com. Orbit booking was either for two queen or one king bed. When I checked in, front desk told me there was no two queen beds available, and only king bed was available. I was fine with it since we checked in late. After that, I called to request a bell man to come help me with luggages at 3:30 am, andI also have asked for an extra blanket so one of my child can sleep on the floor. I forgot to ask for the name of the employee that I have talked to.
Anyway, about 15' later, there was housekeeping lady brought over the very worn out thin blanket to our room. The blanket is so worn and thin, it looks like a giant rag more than a blanket. I was fine with it since it got late in the night. The bathroom and the bed were outdated as well.
By 3 o'clock, I woke up and got my kids ready to go to Delta ticket counter. At 3:30 am, no bell man showed up. By 3:35 am, I called the front desk asking if the bell man is on his or her way. Jackie, the front desk lady, answered with a cranky unfriendly voice. She told me that no bellman is available until after 4 am, and she was not sure whom I had talked to. She was very cold, insensitive of my situation, and she did not offer any help. I asked her since there was no bell man, was there any cart that I can use for the luggages. She told me to come downstairs to look for one if it is available. I was shocked of the way she answered the phone and the attitudes that she have given me.
The only reason that I had booked this hotel because it was right inside the airport. I thought it would be convenience for us since we booked an early flight. I do not recommend or stayed at this hotel again. It is very poor customer service for a big name hotel and the price I had paid. I got no help and cold treatment attitude. I am glad that we did not missed our flight.

Room Tip: There are a bunch of restaurant within walking distance to the terminals. You can get a cart ($5.00...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

On behalf of the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to apologize for the experience you just described from your recent stay. I assure you that what you encountered during your stay is not typical of our guests. Your feedback will be utilized as a training tool so that we may learn from our transgressions. Please be assured that bell service is available 24 hours of the day and we do everything possible to accommodate all rooming request. I ask that you please contact me directly by calling the hotel so that I may gain further insight into your stay. Best Regards, Stefan Ritter Director of Hotel Ops.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed one night at the Marriott Tampa Airport after arriving at midnight on a delayed flight.

The hotel's location is incredibly convenient, with access right from a terminal walk-way. Check-in was seamless, and the staff brought a pack-n-play right up to the room for our son. The hotel touts its "soundproof" windows, and we never heard any noise from the runway, despite looking out over it.

Walked over to the rental car center the next morning and was able to drive right up to the hotel entrance to pick up my wife and son.

On another layover later in the week, the staff directed us to a quiet alcove near the hotel's conference center where we were able to relax while we waited for our return flight, even though we didn't have a reservation at the hotel.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing airport accommodations in Tampa.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

On behalf of the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. Our location certainly makes us a very convenience choice for a late arrival and our staff is able to make you feel right at home. Thank you once again for your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Full service Marriott five stars. No, not a Four Seasons type of five stars but a great Marriott.

The location is the best. Walk to the terminal from the lobby. We had a ton of baggage on this trip and the bellman took us all the way to ticketing. If you aren't up for Marriott food you can go to the terminal for something else. Really a smooth and painless visit on a very busy holiday weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Your recent 5 star rating of your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott is very much appreciated. We take great pride in providing excellent service and our location makes us a logical choice for anyone traveling in and out of Tampa. We look forward to your return trip so that we may host you once again.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Early morning flights are never fun for families with young children, but if you are flying out of Tampa, this hotel will make it much easier on you.

We checked in last Friday for our 6am flight out the next morning. I found the signage around the airport parkway straightforward and getting there was a breeze. Post check in, the car rental return is just a short jump away with no shuttle necessary to get back to the hotel. Just a 5 minute walk back through the terminal back to the hotel lobby.

We didn't eat at the hotel, instead we went to Carabba's in the terminal - but there are tons of other options ranging from fast food to TGIF and the like.

In the morning, it was up at 4:45am, express checkout from the room - and at the Delta check in counter by 5:10. Sleepy kids in tow.

Beds and comfy, room is clean and washrooms are new/modern.

Makes for a great start to the day! Very convenient and well worth the small premium over the other offsite choices.

Stayed: January 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent review regarding our hotel and its convenient advantages. Our location certainly make it ideal for anyone with an early flight but even more so with sleepy kids. We are looking forward to your next trip to Tampa and hope to host you soon again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Conveniently located, easy access and exceptional staff. Unfortunately, things were very confusing (by us) when we arrived to check-in, the associate (didn't get her name) was exceptional in calming us and getting us to our rooms extremely quickly. Saida, checked us out and was wonderful. Extremely helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

On behalf of Saida and the rest of the team at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for sharing such a positive insight on your experience. Saida has been our leader of the Front Desk for just over six years and she certainly sets the tone for our guest to have a fantastic stay. We are glad that you have found us and look forward to your next less confusing stay.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night after a late arriving flight and we were so glad we did. The hotel is conveniently located in the terminal. Although the airport kiosks were all closed, the hotel bar was open. Checkin was quick. Our room was very spacious, clean, and quiet. Highly recommend for early morning/late arrival flights.

Room Tip: Ask for extra shampoo, conditioner and towels at check in. You'll only find one of each in your...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

We would like to thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We agree that after a long flight, our location makes it ideal for anyone ready to rest. We are glad that you found us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The location of the hotel- inside the Tampa Airport main terminal, is superior. It is immediately adjacent to all the primary concourses, outside security, so you can drop off your rental car and walk a few hundred yards. Presuming you stay overnight for a flight, you couldn't be in a better spot for minimizing the stress associated with getting to the airport. The bell staff was excellent in helping us secure a wheelchair as well as our luggage upon departure. In fact, every staff person encountered was extremely kind and helpful. The only drawback was the fact that several aspects advertised on the hotel website were not open or available, including one of the restaurants and the coffee bar. Neither of these resources were critical- there are other options available in the airport- but should have been accurately reflected on the website. Breakfast at the one restaurant available was a buffet and food as well as the service were great. I will say that the service throughout was far and above what you typically encounter in an airport. The room itself was fine- clean, average appointments, and quiet (which is saying alot, considering it is in an airport). I would certainly travel through Tampa again this way if scheduling permits, because being at the airport in a comfortable environment beats fighting traffic and stress anytime.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a details review of your experience while staying at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We certainly appreciate the kind words as they are the inspiration for our staff to continue their efforts in providing excellent service. Our location certainly makes traveling out of Tampa very simple and we appreciate you sharing your insights. We look forward to your next stay upon your return to Tampa.