Tampa Airport Marriott
$549
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,303 results
All reviewsan early flighttampa airportmain terminalrevolving restaurantrental carbaggage claimnext morningthe concierge loungeshort walkyour luggagelate arrivalconvenient locationlate at nightlobby barone night stayfront desk staffconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had an early morning flight and couldn't have been happier staying here instead of making that early drive (great location!) also the staff was incredibly friendly from valet/ front door to front desk to bellhop service. We appreciated Edith especially -she was such a blessing to us as she took the time to haul a fridge all the way to our room so that our 3 month old son would have refrigerated breast milk for the following day on our two flights. Her sweet spirit and kindness will be easily remembered! Thank you Tampa based Marriott @airport!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

The staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott appreciates you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. Going the extra mile allows our staff to make a difference for guest like you and this is what motivates our team each day. Edith has been a wonderful member of our team for 21 years and has enjoyed every opportunity to serve our guest. We look forward to hosting you soon again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I like this place. Clean and super convenient for an early morning flight. I cannot stand hotels that are so arrogant to change $10 a day for internet use. Even the Marriot dumps called the Renaissance Inns have free internet. I have enough money to pay this outrage, but refuse. Join the crusade against rip-offs of this sort.

Room Tip: use the lobby for free internet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Our housekeeping department certainly takes great pride in providing our guest with a nice clean hotel to rest in before the short walk to the terminal in the morning. Your comments regarding the internet charge have been noted and our guest feedback is always taken in consideration while reviewing our processes. We hope to have the opportunity to host you soon again in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

After flying all day from Europe, this hotel was a delightful surprise - such convenience to have the hotel in the airport! Check-in was flawless and quick; I was in my room within 15 minutes of leaving baggage claim. Though small, the concierge lounge was just what I needed after a long day of travel - a little evening finger food, something sweet, and I was ready for bed. The next morning, the concierge lounge had a great breakfast waiting when I arrived a 6:30AM. The hotel is showing a little age, but they are maintaining it nicely; the support staff is great - always trying to serve the customer. Now this is what all airport hotels should be like!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Your recent review of the Tampa Airport Marriott is certainly appreciated and has been shared with the entire staff. Our proximity to the airport is a great benefit to a traveler who just finished a long flight and is ready to relax and unwind. The staff at the hotel takes great pride in the service they provide as well as being able to maintain a hotel whose history started 1973. The added value of the concierge lounge makes your stay even more enjoyable and we were pleased that you had the opportunity to visit. We hope that we are able to host you soon again in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is an older Marriott. Bathrooms are small and the AC had trouble cooling off the room. Maids didn't replenish my towels on the last day and my billing was screwed up. The front desk person was courteous and took care of the billing issues but it took a while. The concierge lounge attendant, Margit, was a treasure. So helpful and courteous. She recommended the spinning restaurant at the top of the hotel. I looked up reviews and they were very mixed so I almost didn't go, but I trusted her and had a great meal. Unfortunately, the restaurant was scheduled to be closed at the end of June after being in business for 40 plus years. Too bad as I had a good meal and experience. I stayed here because I arrived after midnight and had to depart at 7am on my last day. This made it convenient.

Room Tip: I stayed on the concierge floor and thought the rooms were average.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. One of our strongest strengths is certainly the convenience to a traveler based on our location. Your feedback regarding your experience with Margit is certainly appreciated and is a common response to her extraordinary service she consistently provides. It is with sadness that we have closed CK’s the View but are excited to announce that Café Elise will now be adding dinner service offering Cuban-American Cuisine. The menu is great and we are excited over the future. Additionally I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that may have been caused due to our housekeeping but are glad to hear that our Front Desk was able to correct your bill. As we continually are looking for feedback to improve our service your experience will be shared with the proper departments. We look forward to the opportunity to host you soon again and share our newest dining experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My experience with this hotel is one I HAD to post about. Having flown into Tampa only once, I was blissfully unaware that there are actually two, count them two airports in the area. Not wanting to rise at o'dark:thirty in the morning for our flight, we chose to stay in the airport for the extra sleep...all the while not realizing our error. When we called this morning for the sky cap, Pam handled the request. When she realized our error, she immediately called and suggested a plan of action to get us to the correct airport in time. She called the skycap, arranged a cab, and generally saved the day. Really! In addition, the bell caps went over and beyond, with Ryan even changing our room when he discovered the toilet was making a sleep-depriving noise. All in all, this was a fantastic stay....if you ignore my lack of attention. Thank you Pam, Ryan, Yuneshka (sp?), and the rest of your professional staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your unique story about your time in Tampa. While it must have been frustrating to find out you were in the wrong airport we are glad to hear that our staff was able to assist you with the surprise start to your day. Its times like these that we feel our team excel in assisting to facing a challenge and goes above and beyond. We do hope that your experience brings you back to stay with us soon again.