“Baggage claim to Bed in 15 minutes !”

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #11 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Whilst using my American Airlines airmiles last summer for flights from the UK to my yearly vacation haunt in Treasure Island Fla, I would normally fly MAN - ORD - TPA but to get the free flights one has to take whats on offer which took me from MAN - JFK - MIA - TPA which although was in business class proved to be arduous to say the least ! We touched down on time just short of midnight EDT after 22 hours of travel, collected my bag from baggage claim, entered the elevator and went up two floors, walked thru departures, past the shops and straight into the Marriott reception - and was checking-in right behind the American Airlines flight crew off my flight from Miami !!!
- Recption staff were pleasant and prompt, and I was in my room within 15 minutes of collecting my bag !! Rooms as always at a Marriott are clean and very comfortable. Eight hours later I was up, showered and eating a superb buffet breakfast whilst watching the planes come and go.
- As I checked-out the hotel, walked thru the airport, took the elevator to the baggage claim and out of the terminal building straight into the car rental centre, picked-up my car and was away en route to Treasure Island, again within 15 minutes of leaving my room !!
- Convenient and quick, competitively priced and ideal for a first or last night stay of any vacation or business trip !

Room Tip: Poolside or airport view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JeffMears
Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel as we had a VERY early flight out the next morning. I had requested a roll-away bed for my youngest child and I was very pleased it was already in place when we checked in. The room was very clean and had plenty of room for the 5 of us. The hotel is located right at the airport, making it easy to return our rental car the night before and walk right out to the airline check-in area. I would stay here again, especially if you have a late night arrival or early morning departure from the Tampa airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank The-Master-Planner
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Very convenient friendly hotel in the airport. Wonderful staff who are friendly and informative. the rooms were nice. Our room had a view of the runway and I never heard a peep. The bed was too soft for my taste. I am allergic to feathers and the foam pillows were meant for stuffing not sleeping. The bathroom was all in one - not sink outside the shower/toilet area. Our flight was too early to take advantage of any of the breakfast areas. My only wish is that that had some tupe of 24 hour food area (even vending) but I suppose since they are attached to the airport they felt it is not necessary. But if I had an early flight out of Tampa again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CookieCahill
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Very close to airport. That is the only really good quality, aside from the staff at check-in. Wireless is 15$ per day. I checked in late and was out at 6 and they wanted 15$. I walked to the airport and used the free wireless to do the 10 minutes of e-mail that was pressing. Room include breakfast. NOT. My son and wife and I dashed to breakfast 6am- and they said only 2 breakfasts were included in rate. So I got them to grab a doughnut, and left for the flight.
They did not respond to me when I sent a message to the customer service. So much for being gold status with Marriott!

Room Tip: Away from the runway
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2012

If you are planning a meeting in Tampa it does not get much better than this. Get your bags take an elevator 2 floors, walk about 30 yards and you are in the hotel . Staff is great, rooms are nice and you cannot beat the convenience!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott at airport in Tampa. First and foremost, the hotel is IN the airport....I travel extensively for work and this is the first time I have had an "airport" hotel in the airport. (I've never stayed in the Orlando hotels in their airport) It is extremely convenient for business and centrally located for traveling in Tampa. I was certain that noise would be a problem with planes taking off and landing. Nope! I slept like a baby. The bed and bedding were very comfortable and rooms were clean and have been recently updated. The bathroom does not have a tub but a larger shower, which I actually preferred to those cramped little tubs with a shower.

I arrived late in the evening and stopped at the bar to grab a quick bite. The food was very good and service was great.

I can't imagine this would be an ideal destination if you're traveling for vacation as there is no beach view or typical Florida ambiance, however, for the business traveler, I would recommend whole heartedly!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Buckeye Cruise For Cancer 2012 group again stayed at the Airport Marriott. This was our 4th yr. and it was like coming home to visit relatives. The ladies at the front desk welcomed us with hugs & the Ohio State greeting..O-H..I-O. The beverage, catering, banquet and housekeeping staff all greeted us the same way as well..New carpets in the hallways, room decor & furnishings looked great. Would I stay there again, YES, next Feb. when 2,300 Buckeyes come to Tampa for the Buckeye Cruise For Cancer..The Marriott does a great job with LARGE groups, pool area clean & safe, people with special needs, dietary needs, convenient to airport...They take care of EVERYTHING!!!

Room Tip: Stayed there 4 times, we've never had a bad room..
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family