“Excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Utah
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

If you are flying out of TPA and need a room near the airport this is the place to stay. It is the nicest and most convenient airport hotel I have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
London
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times, but not in the last few years. It is so convenient if you have a later arriving flight or early morning. The staff are pretty friendly too these days.

I don't know what's happened to the pool area, it used to be so nice. It seems like the old pool has been filled in and some sort of overground contraption is in it's place. Is it me, am I not remembering it correctly? Something about it doesn't seem the same. The pool was also not clean, there was some sort of yellow foam floating in there. Probably not the hotel's fault immediately, no doubt due to a guest, my mum thought someone had had an accident in there. It now only has capacity for 12 and despite the notice not to jump in there were many kids in there doing just that, spoiling an otherwise relaxing swim. However they were having a great time.

Rooms and beds standard Marriott which I consider to be pretty good. I had caught the red eye in from LAX and went for a quick breakfast in the terminal at TGI's. Great service, but the food, well it seemed very processed, although the other diners there seemed to be enjoying it.

Tampa is of course a lovely airport to fly in and out of, and the Marriott is super convenient with all the amenities you need. I would still stay here again, but if I wanted to spend some time pool side I think I would opt for the nearby Hyatt which has a shuttle bus, two excellent pools and the fabulous Oystercatchers restaurant.

Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed here with our children and grandkids for an early morning flight. We all loved it and the "park and fly" program was worth every penny! Great breakfast, as well. The staff couldn't do enough for us!

New York
Reviewed February 24, 2012

If you're flying into Tampa and arriving late at night, this is the place to stay. It is in the airport. It doesn't get any easier than that. And to make it better, the carpet in the hallways must have been brand new, because it still had that new carpet smell and everything in our room seemed new too. The carpet, the tv, and the entire bathroom looked like it had been recently redone. Nice amenities in bathroom too.
Also, the pool was surprisingly nice for an airport hotel, and the staff that we spoke to at the front desk and lobby bar were very friendly and helpful.
Overall, no complaints. We didn't even hear any airplanes.
We paid with points, so I'm not sure about prices.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night, after a meeting. The room was updated, but the pillow was flat and awful (bring your own pillow if you need neck support). The bathroom was clean and the shampoos were Bath and Body Works which was a plus. The pool was a little small, but I can't imagine anyone would stay at an airport hotel simply for the pool. I also had a room overlooking the pool and some man was yelling/screaming over and over again at 10:30 at night. I don't know if someone was drunk by the pool or what. Thankfully I was exhausted and I'm a heavy sleeper or it might have been hard to sleep through. The air temperature in the hotel itself was freezing and the Starbucks wasn't open on Sunday when I departed. I would have expected Starbucks to be open to serve breakfast/coffee on a Sunday! But maybe this was a Starbucks con and not so much a hotel con. All in all, the hotel was average.

Room Tip: Avoid a room over-looking the pool and bring your own pillow if you need next support
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Excellent customer service. Needed some transportation and the woman at the front desk called around to find us the best rates. Very helpful. Rooms were spotless. The food in the bar was very good. Very convenient being right at the airport.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were arriving at 12:30am and didn't want to bother friends to pick us up or hastle with a car at that time of night. We checked into the airport hotel which was just upstairs from the baggage claim. The signage in the airport is not very clear but ask anyone and they will point the way. We fell right asleep in the pillow topped mattresses. The temp was perfect and we never heard the planes.

The next morning, I worked out in the fitness center which had exactly the minimum you need including water, towels and ear buds for the TVs.

Breakfast was terrific at the cafe and then we were on our way. I am only sorry I had to leave change for the room tip since I lacked any bills. I hope the maid forgives the $2 in quarters.

Oh yes, I paid $159/night but I heard folks get it for less on Priceline.