“Quiet, Clean and Comfortable”

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #61 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“Quiet, Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Check-in was fast and the room was clean, comfortable and the lobby was quiet. We rented a car via priceline so I can't respond to the timeliness of the shuttle. No complaints. It would have been nice if the room would have come equipped with a fridge. The only inconvenience we experienced was an empty ice machine. The hotel is in a great location--close to the airport, close to international plaza, close to places to eat, close (approx. 20 min.) to clearwater beach. I'll will certainly stay here again on my next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CWillow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
buffalo
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Outstanding warm and professional service. The hotel staff is friendly and very accomodating to all of our needs. The rooms are always clean and the beds are very comfortable. This was our 7th year that we have stayed at this hotel. We have never been disappointed. We highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in the tampa area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BuffaloTma
ca
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Called when I landed. They said call from baggage claim even though I had no luggage. Called from baggage claim. They put me on hold for 5 minutes and dropped the call. Called back. They put me on hold for another 10 minutes. I took a cab for $15. Supervisor Jessica Gonzmart was polite but could not make me whole or accomodate me in anyway.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank vagablogger
GeneralMgr10, Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the difficulty you experienced in trying to get our shuttle to pick you up when you arrived at the airport as well as the fact that we didn't make it right for you. I've reviewed your comments with Jessica and the Front Desk team so that they realize the impact of their actions.

We hope you will give us another opporutnity to serve when you return to Tampa. Please contact me directly.

Sincerely, Marcia Dmochowski, General Manager
Montreal
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I was booked to stay at this hotel for 2 nights but ended up leaving after the first night and going to the nearby new Hyatt Place. I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. I have stayed at a few other Hilton hotels before and I am an HHoners member and I thought this is going to be at the top of the list. Instead it left me regretting to have stayed there!
The bathroom did not even have a vanity or anything to put your stuff on! It had this old looking, rusty sink! The soap and towels were actually on the toilet seat! Add to that the rust in the bathtub itself. I called the front desk to change my room. I was told the hotel is old and all the rooms are the same. They did not even try to do anything for me to make my experience better.
Add to the experience the fact that my window was overlooking the air conditioning unit and was noisy all night long! I am not that picky but when you way 180+$ per night, you expect more from a Hilton!
What I noticed is that on the hotel's site, they do not have any pictures of their bathrooms (maybe just one for the shower which I am not sure which suite it's in because it's not in every regular room)! Now I know why! :(

Sam

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelingSam123
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulites you had our communications, your bed and your breakfast buffet vouchers. But I am happy that you did enjoy the breakfast and our buffet offerings.

I reviewed all of your comments with the Front desk team, the shuttle drivers and housekeeping. This is not the type of service that we strive to deliver to our guests.

I would like to invite you back as our guests. Please contact me directly.
Sincerly, Marcia Dmochowski, Gen'l Mgr
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Stayed at this property on January 30, 2010. Unfortunately, if my travels bring me to Tampa Bay again I will not consider this location as an option nor can I recommend it to anyone else.

On our way to the hotel (two miles away), I called to see if we could check in early (this request was also noted on my original online reservation). The front desk agent said that would not be possible and that we would have to wait for the normal check-in time. But, that we could come to the hotel and they could store our luggage if we needed. We arrived at the hotel approximately 10 minutes after my phone call to park and leave the car (we were going downtown), to use the restroom, and ATM when I overheard a gentleman being able to check in. I went to use the restroom and asked my friend to see if we could check-in and what do you know....we were allowed to. Um, why when I called 10 minutes prior was I told that was not possible? Breakfast was supposed to be included with the reservation, when I went to the front desk to inquire about this, the agent told me it was not <sigh> I did not have time to get my reservation confirmation printout at the time, so I decided to deal with that issue later.

We waited forever for a taxi to pick us up (understandable as it was Gasparilla weekend). The hotel shuttles will not go downtown, so we asked if they could take us to the airport and we would get a taxi there. Instead of doing that, the driver said, "a taxi will cost you $30, if you give me $20 I will take you as close as I can get you to downtown." We decided to take him up on that offer.

When we arrived back at the hotel around 6:00pm, I brought my reservation confirmation printout with me to the front desk to inform a new agent what the earlier one said about breakfast. She asked me who that person was and I did not know her name. She then agreed that the buffet breakfast was included and gave me two vouchers.

The room was nice, the shower water pressure was great, and the temperature was very hot which I love. My bed, however was broken or something because it sagged really bad in the middle so I did not get a good night's sleep. My friend's bed was fine. They do charge $9.95 per day for internet. I do not like paying this type of fee, but the internet was very fast.

The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was fresh and delicious. It was free, so I am not sure how much it usually costs. But, the food options were extensive and they will make you an omelet anyway you want it.

The original room rate was pre-paid on the Hilton website. They debited my checking account immediately upon reservation and my checking account was successfully debited. However, within a few days of arriving home, my friend (who checked us in) was also charged for the room. So, we were double charged <sigh>. When I called the hotel, I spoke with a person (Michelle) who was not very helpful telling me that she only shows one charge. Now we are continuing to try and work with the hotel to get this matter resolved <just another hassle>

This property needs to get its act together. There is obviously communication issues, computer system issues, and customer service issues that need to be seriously worked out. Unfortunately, they will not have another chance with me because I will not stay here again nor recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank UCFKnightsFan
Maryland
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I am a very picky person. I like luxury at a low price. My husband and I stayed four nights while visiting relatives in Tampa. I love this hotel. The room was impecable, clean, confortable bed and pillows, good size room. The decor was nice and inviting. It had good sound proof walls. There were three buses full of teenagers on a trip, and we never heard any noises...The location was great, across from a nice shopping center and good restaurants. For autentic cuban food, try "la teresita, not far from the hotel. It is not an elegant place, but the food is delicious. If I had to return I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
florida
Reviewed January 23, 2010

This hotels customer service is HORRIBLE. They had our rooms ready 4 hours late so we could not check in. Then when we were in our rooms they gave them to other guest who openly walked into our rooms. Then they double charged everyone room and we yet to see our refunds. On top of that the elevators were broken. Just do yourself a favor and stay away.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends