“Staff made the stay very pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #39 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort White, United States
“Staff made the stay very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

When I arrived to check in a storm had knocked out the power. The staff were very apologetic and made me as comfortable as possible while I waited. The room was average. Clean looking but musty smelling and the mattress was pretty bad in spots as far as comfort. The staff were all awesome and made it a pleasant stay which was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We really appreciate your feedback, I will discuss your comments about your guest room with our Housekeeping staff. I will let our staff know that they helped you with a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
AJ Jabbour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lecanto, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hotel has made many favorable changes in the past 6 months , much improved. Was considering not being a guest anymore, but they got it right FINALLY. Almost catching up to Hilton Europe, Since trip advisor wants an idiotic 200 character, here goes 1234567, asdfrgthiiqq

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. Hope to see you return again soon....safe travels.

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Tampa on a really quick stay for only one night. The hotel is very clean and updated. I stayed on the Hilton Honors member floor and they have a nice area by the elevators that allow members access to snacks and drinks.

The bedroom was typical of Hilton and very comfortable to me personally. The location is very close to the airport and has a shuttle running if you need. There are several places to eat very close and International Mall is across the street which I believe is the best mall in Tampa Bay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We are so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

monroe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here during Honeymoon- it was just awesome. The area is very nice. The Hotel was clean, priced ok and close to many nice restaurants. Took in a Rays game- they are not too good. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were so happy that you decided to share such a special day with us. We look forward to any future stays the next time you are in the Tampa Bay area.

Floral Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night, before an early morning flight out of TPA (a 10 minute shuttle ride away). Our checkin was quick, but there were no luggage carts and I was one adult pulling 5 suitcases and 2 children. I could've really used a luggage cart. We were given room 901, which had a beautiful view of the sunset, and was rather spacious. The two beds in the room were on the small side (felt like Fulls, compared with the Queens we'd been staying in at another hotel the previous 3 nights), which made it slightly uncomfortable sharing the beds. (My husband joined us after returning the rental car down the road.) We ordered soup from room service, which was delivered promptly and with a smile, and was delicious. My biggest complaint was about the loud partyers down the hall. I called the front desk after being woken for the third time and asked them to put a stop to the party spilling out into the hallway. I have to assume they addressed it because I didn't hear it again after my call (at 3am). I would stay here again for another "night before an early flight" situation, but would rather stay by the water when in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have no street noise. Rooms facing northwest (e.g. 901) have great sunse...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize that you did not receive a luggage cart upon check in and if you were inconvenienced by the loud noises of our other guests, and I have passed your comments along to the Front Desk Staff so that this may be addressed. I will also be sure to pass along your kind words to our Room Service Staff. I hope you had a safe departure from Tampa, and we truly look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Orlando, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,420 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

There are reasons Hilton Westshore has a 69% TripAdvisor rating. Multiple incidents upon arrival caused me to reflect upon the old saw about first impressions. Being the Official Schelpper for a truckload of printed conference materials weighing about 300 pounds in 20 plastic tubs, I asked reception to have someone unload and take them to the conference area. Not until departing the conference Saturday afternoon did I learn that reception staff had contacted Carlos at Food & Beverage, perhaps thinking I had refreshments for the writers conference. He arrived with a dainty beverage cart. I sent him and the teacart away, loading on three bellhop carts all the containers. Because I learned reception staff caused the problem, I deleted the poison pen words I wrote that evening. Still, first impressions…

I’ll concentrate my review on Room 1015, on Hilton’s tenth floor for HHonored Guests. More surprises awaited. The bathroom light didn’t function. I pondered soaking my aching back by candlelight, but feared a cold shower by setting off fire sprinklers. I bathed by light from the room and entrance in a bathroom meant for Munchkins, not someone well over six feet. As a writer, I pleasantly phrase it as an “economy of space.” (To demonstrate size, I could capture everything in one photo only by mirror reflection.) The 26x14-foot room, however, is spacious, clean and well-appointed but the antiquated a/c is noisy. Consider this popcorn-ceilinged 12-story hotel only by phoning ahead to specify your particular needs.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms to avoid tropical afternoon sun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank DeanMurphy2020
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am terribly sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay. I have shared your comments about your guest room with our Chief Engineer so that they may be addressed. I do apologize about the miscommunication regarding the carts you needed to bring your materials to the conference room. We spoke about the incident that day and it was my understanding that we were able to resolve the issue. I am very sorry to find out you departed our hotel still upset. I will also address your comments with our Front Desk team. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to the possibility of having you as a guest again in the future.

Ft Lauderdale, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Hotel was about what I expected, and the rate was very good. I was not there very much, but the one thing that impressed me was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Especially the Executive Club help.

Room Tip: I stayed in Executive Club level. Was nice to have breakfast and dessert in a "club" on sa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our Executive Lounge. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our Front Desk team. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.