“Good Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

Stayed at the Hilton for three nights over the weekend... no problems at all. The staff was attentive and accomodating when required. The hotle can use a little updating, in fact there is a renovation scheduled to start 9/21.
The hotel is located close to everything, shopping, restaurants, etc.
I would stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Had to pay for Internet access
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

This hotel is located in very close proximity to the airport and the bay street shopping and restaurants. The restaurant here is HUGELY overpriced... the breakfast buffet will run you $18 plus tax and tip and is nothing huge. The lunch and dinner menus also looked expensive but there are plenty of places to eat across the street. There is also a shuttle that will take you within 5 miles, which is nice, but can be slow at times.

The pool is nice but the hot tub is kind of lethargic (lack of bubbles). One night while we were there there was a party going on at the pool with food and tiki torches. We weren't sure if we were even allowed to use the pool this day and even if we were the party would have disturbed us too much to enjoy it. So that was a big negative.

Also, the rooms are definitely dated. There is no fridge or microwave and the wallpaper was peeling in some places. The internet costs $10 a day to use. For the price of the room, the internet should really be included. The business center also said that it had some charges.

All in all this hotel is pretty clean but definitely overpriced in every way. There are lots of nicer, newer hotels really close by.

• Liked — Close to bay street
  • Disliked — Overpriced
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Tifffany
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

I stayed at this Hilton with my girlfriend for 1 night when we were in Tampa for the Buccaneers/Giants playoff game. It took about 20 minutes to check in and there was only 1 guest in front of me. There was only 1 employee at the front desk and she was always getting called and sidetracked. When I finally was helped I asked about what time breakfast begins. She told me that breakfast is not included. I told her the website said otherwise so she gave me a voucher for 1 breakfast, which did not help much because we were two. When we got in the room, the room was stuffy and appeared to be in need of a remodel. The trash can in the bathroom had no bag in it and the tissues were used. The mouthwash seal was broken & there was no Splenda with the coffee maker. The stairs down at the end of the hall was littered with trash. There is no stairway to go to the lobby, you must take the elevator. The stairs let out to the parking lot. The rooms have poor sound proofing you can hear the people talking in the hallway. While I was staying there I smelled what appeared to be Marijuana smoke in the hallway. I called security to tell them where I smelled it and if they would please check on it they said they will, I never heard back. I did not expect this type of experience staying at a Hilton. I would not stay there again when I visit Tampa in the future.

• Liked — location to the stadium
  • Disliked — a lot
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank N0BODY
West Chester, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. Check-in was fast, front desk was friendly and the room was very nice and clean, especially for the price (like $80/nt). We ordered room service for dinner and it was pretty decent food and good service. The pool was nice, as was the hot tub. All in all, it was a nice place and I would go back again.

• Liked — Proximity to airport
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellen E
Buckeye State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

Arrived at the Hilton on Sunday May 25th and front desk was staffed and waiting. Clerk stated that they “upgraded” me to the 3rd floor smoking suites. On my online reservation I had noted a smoking room for my companion; however, I had also booked the executive floor which had balconies among other things that were included. When researching hotels, this was one highlight. I do not think that the front desk should have led me to believe that it was an upgrade, since in no way, shape or form was it one. It was actually a downgrade. Plus, upon check in my room was not ready and it was 2 hours after check in time. Amazingly thought they found another room right away. Hmm…..
The in-house bar and pool area was great. Never tried the restaurant though. The complimentary breakfast served for the executive floor was very, very good. I would recommend this hotel to business and family groups. Just make sure to research the hotel website so the front desk does not fool you.

• Liked — Executive Floor, Balconies
  • Disliked — Front desk at check in
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank 4JinOhio
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

I stayed here on May 17, 2008. When I checked in, there was only one guy standing behind the check in counter on what seemed to be a pretty busy Sat. afternoon. He was busy catering to a group of elderly ladies with their luggage and then he was breaking change for someone else who just cut in front of me while waiting to check in and he was taking phone calls from guests already in the hotel. After standing in line for about 15-20 mins, he finally checks me in. The first room he sold me (on the 10th floor) had no air conditioning. The hallway was cooler than the room! When I opened the door, the room just smelled musty and it was HOT in there. I went back downstairs and told the guy, "Try again" and he sold me a room on the 4th floor (the 3rd floor is the smoking floor so I've been told) which had A/C, but you can smell the odor coming up from the 3rd floor. Since I was only there for one night, I sucked it up and settled in.

This hotel does seem to host alot of functions ranging from contractor licensing exams to business conferences to wedding receptions. I've stayed here before and every time I stay, there's always something going on here. The lobby always has people hanging out in it. If you're a people watcher - sit in the lounge (off the lobby) and just hang out.

Oh.. as far as the restaurant goes....unless you want to shell out $16.00 for a breakfast buffet.....I say, "PASS!" go check out a Denny's or Perkins - you'll save about $9 per person...easily!

• Liked — Close proximity to I-275 (Lois Avenue is an exit off the Interstate - you're about 10 mins from the road)
  • Disliked — Stinky hotel room from the smokers - I think the 4th floor might have been converted to non-smoking recently - if you want smoking...3rd floor, please. :)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank wearytraveler1974
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Tampa Airport on business for one night this spring. Upon check-in, the desk service was very helpful; I requested a higher floor and was granted my request without question. I needed to use the business center immediately (located to the right of the reception desk), and found the facility to meet my needs: internet access without issue.

The room was clean and quiet. I slept well and found the bed comfortable. I had to be up very early for a meeting and the hotel restaurant was not open; I asked if there was anywhere I could walk to for breakfast (having had dinner the night before at Flemings, just down the road). Unfortunately, there was nothing within walking distance for breakfast prior to 6:30AM. Room service started at 6:30AM, and I had to be out of the hotel at 6:45AM. Problem! However, the kind desk person gave me access to the concierge floor, where they had a full layout of scrambled eggs, cereal, bagels, toast, oj, coffee, etc. If it were not for the fact that they granted me access to the floor for breakfast, I honestly would have been a disaster! Score two points for the Hilton!

Overall, the service was very high; the front desk also found a bottle of water for me upon returning to the hotel after dinner (the Coconuts bar was out of bottled water), and they were also able to accomodate other random office supply requests. The hotel has shuttle service to an expansive high-end mall, basically across a large intersection, every 30 minutes starting early in the morning. If my business travel takes me to Tampa again and I need to be situated by the airport with shopping close by, I would choose this hotel again.

Stayed March 2008