“One of My Worst Hotel Decisions”

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“One of My Worst Hotel Decisions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I did not enjoy my stay at the Hilton hotel.

When we first arrived the toilet wasn't clean. It had black film around the bowl. Secondly and most importantly, the toilet wouldn't flush. We had to call the front desk 2 times before they sent someone to fix it.

There were people out by the poll at 1 o'clock in the morning. That's not a problem. However, the problem lies in the fact that you can hear the music and people up several floors. It should have been situated to where guests can still be able to sleep in their rooms undisturbed by those partying.

After coming back to the hotel room, I went to take a shower and found what I believe to be a bedbug. I'm not sure if it was a bed bug or not seeing as though I could it in the shower and not the bed. Either way, I don't feel comfortable staying at this hotel. I feel horrible that I even made the decision to stay at the hotel. I wish there was something I could do.

Hopefully, this helps someone make a decision on a hotel where he or she would be comfortable and at ease.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Leanna H.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems that you experienced during your stay with us. I assure you, the issues that you had with the toilet have been addressed with both our engineering and housekeeping teams. I would also like to apologize for the noise disturbance that you mentioned in the pool area. Our pool is supposed to close at 10PM to prevent such noise disturbances from happening, so I will be sure to address this instance with my security team to ensure that it does not happen again. Also, to put your mind to rest, I wanted to let you know upon receiving your comment about the possiblity of bugs in the room, we did have the room thoroughly inspected and it came up negative for any bug activity. I hope that if you find yourself in the Tampa area again, you will give us a second chance to WOW you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Morris NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stay here every now and again. Last stay was fine. There are a ton of hotel options in the area, here is why I would choose this one. Full Service Restaurant, Great Parking, Walk from a couple nice restaurants and a longer walk to the mall. All in all-good hotel-rooms are nice. I would put clients up at this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all pretty nice. You really cant go wrong here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear douger67:

Thank you for your review and vote of confidence. There are so many options in the Westshore area which is why we know that we have to strive every day to provide the very best in service and accommodations. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our location, our staff and everything our hotel has to offer!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Avondale, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a day before we left Tampa, the hotel is close to the airport and shopping/dining. The lobby is going through renovations, but they were unintrusive when we were there and the workers were very profrssional. The food was excellent at both lunch and breakfast. I recommend that you eat there. We had a nice drink and snack in the bar in the evening and it was good too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Michele B:

Thank you fro your gracious comments regarding your stay with us as well as your patience with the enhancements we're making to the hotel. The Executive Chef shared with his culinary team your great comments about the meals you enjoyed here which is wonderful feedback for them.

We look forward to serving you again.

Merrick, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice overall property..was undergoing minor construction involving Fitness Center (unable to use, work was obviously scheduled during a 'quiet time' (last week in August)...Staff was quite friendly and accomodating

Dear John S:

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us as well as for your patience while we made some enhancements to the property. As the saying goes, "We Aim to Please" and the team is thrilled that they achieved that for you!

We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Chestnut Ridge, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel if you're only flying into the city for a quick business trip, even better if it's local to the hotel. Used the free shuttle from the Aiport to the hotel and they arrived when they said they would and the driver was very nice. Used the shuttle again the following day to take me to the office park I had to go to and they picked me up afterwards and took me the airport, very friendly driver, I believe his name is Mike. The shuttle is free within 3 miles of the hotel.

The room was nice, the bed a little softer than I prefer. The bathroom was a little dark, but it wasn't a big deal. Overall a great stay, would stay again if I come back to the city.

Dear kgriffith11:

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our shuttle service and the friendliness of our drivers, especially Mike. We hope that when your business or leisure travel brings you back to Tampa that you select to stay with us again.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good Hilton Class! It was our first time in that Hotel (recommeded by some of our Friends) and during this Trip, we did spend there 2 Nights. all was fully ok and we did liked this Hotel and especially their friendly Employees there. Breakfast Service was also fully ok, with good Choices of hot Beverages. Staff did give us also good Recommendation for some Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SarahgoesSUN:

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad that y ou found our team friendly and accommodating to your needs. The Food and Beverage team were pleased to learn that they met your needs for breakffast service and food quality.

We hope that this past visit won't be your last one with us!

Sykesville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

From the moment of arrival, my family was warmly welcomed to this beautiful hotel. The rooms were immaculate, the staff was helpful everywhere. The dining room staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and remembered us each morning. The food was of a very high quality overall. The hotel is only a few minutes from the airport, yet exceptionally quiet. Staying here was a an excellent experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mark B:

Thank you for your review and gracious comments. The team was thrilled that you were so pleased with your stay with us! We all strive everyday to deliver high quality service to our guests so it is rewarding to know that we succeeded with your visit.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.