“Acceptable however not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #37 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Little Cayman
“Acceptable however not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I travel to Hilton's frequently all over the USA.
This particular hotel was not my favorite although it would not prevent me from staying again.
I would suggest closer attention to room details by management.
The hotel has very friendly staff who are accommodating and the Calamari at the lobby bar was excellent.
Overall it is a good hotel for it's price although I will be more precise about my room choice on my next visit.

Room Tip: I would select a higher room if possible as outside noise can be an issue. I had a end corridor roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Neil v:

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed the calamari and that you feel our hotel team is friendly. Guest feedback is very important to us as we continuously stsrive tio improve our service levels. So I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me at your convenience to share a litlle bit more with me on our attention to detail in your guestroom.

We welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Marcia Dmochowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Everett, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice place. Clean room and good shower. Breakfast good but poorly laid out. Internet was free as it should be. Free shuttle to huge mall or any place in 3 mile circle. Nice Must add more details! Good bar friendly bartender. Stella on tap. Good panni cuban sandwich

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary M:

Thank you for your review. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the HIlton Tampa AIrport Westshore! We just implemented a new menu at the beginning of November and the pannini Cuban is one of our new items. Our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage team are so pleased with your feedback on the sandwich, Stella and the quality of service from our bartender. They will also look at how we can improve the lfow of our breakfast buffet as you have indicated.

We look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Tampa.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, excellent service, very friendly staff, nice room service menu, perfect location, price right for the amenities.

Free parking, excellent breakfast buffet, I recommend the Business Floor rooms (12)

100% recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear JimmyMPR:

What a wonderful review! Thank you for your gracious comments. Our Hilton Tampa Westshore team will be thrilled to read them as it is very gratifying to know that our efforts towards providing excellent guest service are generating positive results.

We look forward to having you return to Tampa and to the HIlton.

Marcia Dmochowski,
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

New job training has put in Tampa for 11 weeks (off and on) and my home away from home has become this Hilton. It doesn't have the amenities of other 5-star spots I've stayed at, but this Hilton meets all the criteria: clean, comfy rooms and very good customer service. Everyone at the front desk is always going out of their way to satisfy requests. The shuttle drivers Mike, Mike, and Rich are always helpful getting around and can offer some comps at certain restaurants. The concierge level is small but effective for a quick bite and Ben pours a stiff drink with a big smile. I love being home, but this Hilton is making it easy to be away for a while.

Room Tip: Anything numbered over 12 will be farther away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Filonia,

We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Housekeeping team was thrilled that you were pleased with the level of cleanliness in your guestroom. We've also reviewed your review with our Front Desk team so that they can improve on their consistency of service delivery to our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to the Tampa area. If I may assist you with your reservation needs, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Oakland, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and typically airport hotels are not the greatest. I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The room was very clean (I can be a bit of a clean freak) and there was none of that moldy smell that I have found to be quite common in many hotels in Florida (not surprised with the humidity level, but still unpleasant). The bathroom was spotless, everything was in working condition. I had a great night's rest there as it was extremely quiet. Not sure what type of soundproofing they had but I didn't hear a sound. The bed was comfortable and the location is perfect. The staff was somewhat typical in that it was hit or miss; the person who greeted me on arrival wasn't the friendliest, (room wasn't ready when I arrived, but I arrived early so my fault) but the person who actually checked me in was very friendly. All staff in the restaurant were very pleasant. Overall, my stay was very pleasant and I would suggest it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

There were minor issues with this hotel such as: no toiletries in the room upon arrival and room door that stick/don't close properly. However the front desk staff was very attentive and helpful to get the issues fixed in no time.

Was there for business meetings weekend and the catering food met our needs.

Unexpected: found a beautiful beach dress (very affordable price) in the hotel gift shop! It was still cool in Canada (May) so I was not thinking beach wear yet so this was an unexpected but great surprise. Picked up two (in different designs).

Room Tip: Make sure that you check the room door upon arrival.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear gemmellian:

Plesase accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of toiletries in your room and the challenge with the door. However, I am happy that our Front Desk team was able to resolve the issues promptly for you. Your review was shared with our team at our morning daily operations meeting as feedback is very important to us as we strive to deliver excellent service to our guests.

The owner of the Gitft Shop was very happy that you enjoyed their selection and pricing of clothing. You could contact them through the hotel if you would like to order any additional items from them.

We look forward to having you come back and enjoy some of our wonderful Florida sunshine!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel should be a 5 star because of it's staff. From the Hotel Manager. To the staff, it was an all around Great experience. I stood 2 nights and had 2 rooms. There was a lot going on in the hotel from renovations on my floor (7th) to a kids soccer tournament and an anniversary party. When I checked in I thought there would be havoc, but the staff was unbelievable.
I think Hilton should applaud their staff.
Frank N.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Bostonswfl
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Frank N.:

Thank you so much for the review. You made the day for our entire team at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore when I shared your review with them! We all work very hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us so to know that we succeeded with you, is very gratifying.

We look forward to having you return to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Tampa. If I may assist you with your reservations needs, please don't hesitate to contact me.