WINNER WONDERLAND

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #39 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Beach, California, United States
“They Aim to Please - and Hit the Target”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

New job training has put in Tampa for 11 weeks (off and on) and my home away from home has become this Hilton. It doesn't have the amenities of other 5-star spots I've stayed at, but this Hilton meets all the criteria: clean, comfy rooms and very good customer service. Everyone at the front desk is always going out of their way to satisfy requests. The shuttle drivers Mike, Mike, and Rich are always helpful getting around and can offer some comps at certain restaurants. The concierge level is small but effective for a quick bite and Ben pours a stiff drink with a big smile. I love being home, but this Hilton is making it easy to be away for a while.

Room Tip: Anything numbered over 12 will be farther away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Filonia,

We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Housekeeping team was thrilled that you were pleased with the level of cleanliness in your guestroom. We've also reviewed your review with our Front Desk team so that they can improve on their consistency of service delivery to our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to the Tampa area. If I may assist you with your reservation needs, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Marcia Dmochowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Oakland, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and typically airport hotels are not the greatest. I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The room was very clean (I can be a bit of a clean freak) and there was none of that moldy smell that I have found to be quite common in many hotels in Florida (not surprised with the humidity level, but still unpleasant). The bathroom was spotless, everything was in working condition. I had a great night's rest there as it was extremely quiet. Not sure what type of soundproofing they had but I didn't hear a sound. The bed was comfortable and the location is perfect. The staff was somewhat typical in that it was hit or miss; the person who greeted me on arrival wasn't the friendliest, (room wasn't ready when I arrived, but I arrived early so my fault) but the person who actually checked me in was very friendly. All staff in the restaurant were very pleasant. Overall, my stay was very pleasant and I would suggest it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

There were minor issues with this hotel such as: no toiletries in the room upon arrival and room door that stick/don't close properly. However the front desk staff was very attentive and helpful to get the issues fixed in no time.

Was there for business meetings weekend and the catering food met our needs.

Unexpected: found a beautiful beach dress (very affordable price) in the hotel gift shop! It was still cool in Canada (May) so I was not thinking beach wear yet so this was an unexpected but great surprise. Picked up two (in different designs).

Room Tip: Make sure that you check the room door upon arrival.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear gemmellian:

Plesase accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of toiletries in your room and the challenge with the door. However, I am happy that our Front Desk team was able to resolve the issues promptly for you. Your review was shared with our team at our morning daily operations meeting as feedback is very important to us as we strive to deliver excellent service to our guests.

The owner of the Gitft Shop was very happy that you enjoyed their selection and pricing of clothing. You could contact them through the hotel if you would like to order any additional items from them.

We look forward to having you come back and enjoy some of our wonderful Florida sunshine!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel should be a 5 star because of it's staff. From the Hotel Manager. To the staff, it was an all around Great experience. I stood 2 nights and had 2 rooms. There was a lot going on in the hotel from renovations on my floor (7th) to a kids soccer tournament and an anniversary party. When I checked in I thought there would be havoc, but the staff was unbelievable.
I think Hilton should applaud their staff.
Frank N.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Bostonswfl
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Frank N.:

Thank you so much for the review. You made the day for our entire team at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore when I shared your review with them! We all work very hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us so to know that we succeeded with you, is very gratifying.

We look forward to having you return to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Tampa. If I may assist you with your reservations needs, please don't hesitate to contact me.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am Hilton Diamond member and stayed for single night on points and dollars stay. Location was great for walking to Stadium for game. It was about a mile but much better than dealing with the traffic. Hotel was very clean. Person working the restaurant was very friendly and helpful. We wanted to grab a quick bite and she opened early for us.

Rooms are average size with comfortable beds. Flat screen TV with HD channels. Bathroom was VERY small. Everything in room was nice and clean. The ac was a bit loud for central air. At least it wasnt a wall unit. Wifi was strong and fast. Free for Diamonds.

I was given a couple certificates to use at restaurant for appetizers as it was a Satruday and the Honors lounge was closed. Thought that was nice. Did get comp breakfast in lounge next morning and small but good selection of items. Did have eggs and ham and cereal.

Wouldnt call the room exactly an upgrade but nothing to complain about as they were full. They do have a shuttle that will take you within a couple miles of the hotel but I did not use it so not sure how that was. You could also walk across the street to the mall if you wanted. Bunch of restaurants there and bars.

I would stay here again if in the area. Parking is free and location was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear kpconnor:

Thank you for your review. As a HHonors Diamond member, we truly value your patronage of our hotel and the Hilton family of brands. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as we strive to provide our guests with a positive experience.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, perhaps for another game at Raymond James Stadium or for a fun evening over at Bay Street at the International Plaza mall. Please don't hestiate to conact me if you would like assistnace with your reservaiton needs here in Tampa.

St. Helier, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This Hotel is conveniently located a few minutes away from the airport and within walking distance of the International Plaza shopping mall.

We went to this hotel twice during our trip, once when we landed in Florida and the day before our departure back to the UK.

Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful: the day we checked in, their system went down but it didn't stop them assisting us in the process. We were offered complimentary drinks whilst they were checking us in "manually" so to speak.
When we returned, they remembered us and offered a further round of complimentary drinks as the room type they had given us initially was incorrect (but knowing how difficult it is to work without the systems we didn't say anything).

The rooms were big and very confortable, had a great night sleep after our many hours of travelling.

We only used the bar for a few minutes, the barmaid was very friendly and served quickly. Sadly we did not use any of the other facilities as the magnetic pull of the International Plaza shops and restaurants was too great for us to resist.

The Hotel has a shuttle that goes on a circuit via many locations including the airport and said International Plaza, the shuttle leaves every half an hour on the hour and is available on demand later on in the day.

I will only mention one negative point and that is their air conditioning unit which sounded like a jumbo jet about to take off, saying that, the off button was easy to find.

For this amount of confort, convenience at such an affordable price, this is a Hotel I would strongly recommend to anyone using Tampa International Airport as a hub for their holiday.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the rooms on the higher levels, you will get a great view of the surroundings a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WilfriedSchreder
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The location is nice if you need to get in and out of the airport easily but somewhat remote from anything else. There are some good restaurants nearby and a mall within walking distance. The Hotel is fairly basic but offers what you need for a quick business trip. The pool is nice and the breakfast buffet was good. The staff was very nice and even paid my cab ride since their shuttle was very busy and couldn't get me from the airport right away. They shuttle service was great and dropped me off at the airport when I flew out. The room was nice and quiet and offered a nice desk to work from. Overall I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012