Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe executive loungetampa airportinternational mallfront desk staffraymond james stadiumbusiness tripshuttle servicenice propertyan upgradefitness centerrental carking bedconvenient locationstayed one nightfree shuttlecoffee makerbucs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We arrived iinto Tampa extremely late due to storms that got flights delayed and luggage coming in on different flights. The staff sent the shuttle to wait for us anyway after 1:30 a.m. Driver learned we were cruising and made excellent recommendations. They had already welcomed others in our party on an earlier flight and after learning about our cruise plans, the hotel made arrangements to shuttle our entire family to the port complimentary! They set the time to ensure we would beat the crowds -- and sure enough, they were right!

The lobby was open, well-lit and inviting. Our room was spacious with a very modern, well-appointed bathroom. Very clean and beds were very comfortable.

Would stay again. The location two miles for airport is ideal, with complimentary shuttle. They have a big pool to enjoy, we did before we left for our cruise that morning, and they have a full service breakfast and buffet. All expect attains met and exceeded.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hartford2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business.  The rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable.  My only issue was the workout area.  Unfortunately on this visit of the 6 machines (treadmills and elliptical) only 2 in total were working and there was a line to use these remaining 2.  It looked as the machines had been down for awhile.  This is a good hotel, but I was looking forward to a good run on the elliptical before dinner so I was disappointed.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tru t
Reviewed August 11, 2012

When I arrived at the Hilton for check-in, I was met with an apology because a room on the concierge floors was not available as promised. To make up for this inconvenience, my entire family was given a complimentary lunch, complimentary full breakfast, and a luxurious room, every bit as nice as the concierge rooms. The food was excellent. Free shuttle was available for cruise ship departures. Parking for up to 10 days at the hotel was also part of the accommodation. The pool was beautifully maintained, and the lobby was tastefully decorated. With downtown Tampa and the airport nearby, convenience was an additional asset. This is clearly a top quality hotel in the Hilton family. Paul4ejjr

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul4ejjr
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We spent one night at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel before a flight out of Tampa. We went with the Fly & Park rate. For $169 (plus tax) we spent the night and left our car at the hotel for 6 days saving quite a bit on airport parking. Very convenient shuttle service to the airport. Friendly drivers who were prompt and helpful with bags, etc. Took less than 5 minutes to be picked up after our flight and we were delivered right to our car. We arrived rather late the night before our flight. The restaurant was open and food was good and presented nicely. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A good experience. We will consider this hotel again next time we fly from TPA.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I made reservations here for a smoking room - which are few and far between anymore as most hotels do not think smokers deserve to stay at nice places anymore. When I arrived at the hotel after a long day of flying, and being in a strange place, I took my rental car over to the Hilton, excited about checking in for a 13 night stay. When I arrived at the desk, I was asked if I wanted one bed or two. I said I would prefer the king if it was the same price, but when I booked, it was different prices and told the girl at the desk I didn't care how many beds as long as I got a smoking room. She replied to me - we have no more smoking rooms left. I told her my reservation was for a smoking room and I would take nothing else. She stated to me that this particular hotel is very different from others because they do not honor rooms by reservation, but rather on a first come, first serve basis. So, I had them to cancel my 13 night stay, which they gladly did with a smile on their faces. It is so sad that in this day and time, with everyone needing as much business as possible, they would treat people in this manner. I left the hotel to go riding around from hotel to hotel to see what I could find for my company's rate allowance. I cannot tell you about the rooms or the service because I did not care to spend one dollar with this hotel after being done the way I was done there today. Also, I work for a very large corporation with lots of travelers to the Tampa area...and I will bet this hotel will never see another one of our employees there again.

Room Tip: Do not rely on your reservation - they mean nothing to this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business