Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$85
$72
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe executive loungetampa airportinternational mallfront desk staffraymond james stadiumbusiness tripshuttle servicenice propertyan upgradefitness centerrental carking bedconvenient locationstayed one nightfree shuttlecoffee makerbucs
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a nice business hotel. It is located near the International Mall and several restaurants. I checked in late and had been upgraded to a King Executive Floor room. The room was large, clean, but had a very small bathroom. The linens were nice and the room had a nice view of the skyline with a balcony. The executive lounge was closed when I checked in, but the front desk gave me a certificate for a free appetizer at the bar (nice touch). They had free parking as well. In the morning the executive lounge offered a nice breakfast (small, but nicely done) and the attendant was very nice. If you are staying on business, this is a nice choice, maybe not the nicest in the area, but perfectly fine for a quick in and out business stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice hotel, great location. Staff were all very friendly and exceptionally clean in all areas. Convenient to lots of shops and restaurants, about 10 minutes to downtown and they do have a shuttle that will take you there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We loved our stay here!

The front desk staff were quite helpful. They found us a great view on the top floor Executive level, which was nearly sold out. Our room was spotless and stocked with robes and bottled water. Maid service was excellent. The Executive Lounge with vaulted ceiling and enormous windows served breakfast 7 days, and afternoon hors d'oeuvres on weekdays. Both were great.

We appreciated the tropical Caribbean music playing in the lobby- good ambiance, and the tropical lobby lounge was popular in evenings.

This hotel is good for business, leisure and airport travelers (we were all three). The gorgeous mall across the street has a trendy outdoor pedestrian street with many popular restaurants- we chose Italian and loved it.

The short trip downtown takes no time at all (and, several great Museums are there). Of course this is also an airport hotel.

We loved it. We'll choose this property again.

Room Tip: Top floor has a nice balcony. Watch out for the wasps though. There's a building going up near this hotel. It didn't detract at all. Great view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank J K
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Back in Tampa. Stayed with a few co-workers at the Hilton Airport this time around.
Checked in very late, and was given keys to a room that still had garbage in the bins and hair in the tub. I asked that my room be cleaned and was given a different room instead.

Work's travel agent had made the reservation, the hotel got the billing information wrong for everyone in my party, and the travel agent reported she'd gotten a hard time when she called to straighten it out. The folio was incorrect when I went to check out, too, but staff managed to get it fixed, but it took some doing.

It's too bad - there are some really nice parts about this hotel. The bar will make you a good drink, and the restaurant staff is very attentive and friendly. Management does try to take care of guests, and they seem to be very involved. The shuttle driver - really friendly, even when picking me up at the airport in the middle of the night. There's enough parking, and it's close to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rrruby
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early February for a work conference. I always get a room with a king bed on an upper floor away from the elevators and ice machines. When I checked in at this hotel. I was told they had no king rooms available, I was put on a low floor almost literally across from the elevators next to the room with the ice machine. Needless to say I was not hopeful for this stay.

Check in staff was indifferent and didn't seem to want to try and accomodate customers.

My main criteria for judging hotels is the comfort level of the beds. At this hotel it was okay. I cannot say great as I was in a double bed, and my partner who was with me on this trip had to sleep in the other bed. My other main criteria is the water pressure in the shower. This was better than I was expecting. Overall the rooms feel tired and in need of some serious updating. I felt like I had stepped back into the 1990's.

The facilities for the conference at this hotel were decent. I do commend them on the strength of the wifi signal in the conference rooms. However that is as far as my praise goes. The water and snacks for the room were not looked after or replenished on a consistent basis.

The food we had at this conference was mediocre at best, the selections were very basic.

Would I stay here again? If it was for another work function maybe.

Room Tip: Anything opposite of what I had would be an improvement.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business